GHRP-6 stands for growth hormone releasing hexapeptide, so it is obviously a peptide hormone. As you can probably guess, it acts in the same manner as all peptides do in the Growth Hormone (GH) class – it increases the amount of GH our bodies produce. This is a very beneficial property, as growth hormone is the fountain of youth, and serves many purposes from fat loss, to muscle gain and anti-aging effects. For this reason many athletes have turned to GHRP-6 in order to get an athletic edge.
Facts and how it works
Unfortunately, as we age, the amount of growth hormone that is produced starts dropping, and into our 40’s it starts dropping off rapidly. This is where GHRP-6 can help a lot, as it mimics ghrelin in the body, which stimulates the ghrelin receptors. When this occurs, a signal is sent to the pituitary gland, increasing GH production. Another benefit of GHRP-6 is that it blocks out a hormone called somatostatin, which is the enemy of HGH secretion. Finally, there is evidence that GHRP-6 can have a positive effect on the nervous system by protecting neurons, giving the user a much higher overall wellness.
Use as a PED
The benefits of GHRP-6 are extremely appealing to many types of athletes, and those looking to improve their general well being. The following are some of the positive benefits this compound can give to an athlete:
- Overall boost to body and anti-inflammatory effects: GHRP-6 can help protect the body’s muscles by boosting recovery and protein synthesis. What’s more, it has also been shown to effectively fight inflammation.
- Stamina: You will notice more stamina on this compound very quickly. Consequently, workouts can be extended for a longer time without becoming tired or winded.
- Muscle gains: Of course, we all want more muscle, and this compound will help increase muscle mass and development.
- Fat loss: This is probably the #1 reason people pony up the cash for GHRP-6, and it works great at aiding fat loss, which makes it a very good option for recomping or cutting.
The benefits of GHRP-6 are much more pronounced in those who are already in shape and conditioned. Therefore, if you are obese, or completely out of shape, then it is best to work on your conditioning first before using GHRP-6. Meanwhile, those that are in top shape, will benefit the most from this compound, as it is the icing on the cake.
GHRP-6 also helps in other areas:
- Sleep is greatly improved: Users say they sleep harder, and wake up more refreshed.
- Immune system boost.
- Stronger bones and healthier skin.
- Energy increase: Unlike the case of stimulants, you will get a steadier and more consistent boost in energy, and there will be no crash afterwards.
GHRP-6 comes with some side effects, which are more pronounced when this peptide is abused.
- Hunger increases: All GHRP’s will increase hunger, and GHRP-6 is very potent when it comes to this undesired effect. This can become annoying, and some users complain about waking up at night, or in the morning feeling starved. Logically, those looking to boost appetite, might appreciate this side effect, but for most users (who usually expect to lose fat while on) it becomes aggravating.
- Prolactin, or estrogen gynecomastia issues: Those that are sensitive to prolactin based gynecomastia are open to problems with GHRP-6. Luckily, this is a rare occurrence, and it can be easily combated with dostinex. However, those who stack this compound with anabolic androgenic steroids may have a greater chance of getting gynecomastia. Thats why an AI (aromatase inhibitor) should be used during this kind of cycles.
- Dizzy spells, headaches, and other low blood sugar issues: Due to the effects on blood sugar, this is normal with HGH type compounds. Hence, it is recommended to keep sugars on hand, in case you start feeling these effects.
- Joint pain: This is normal because GHRP-6 has DHT-like effects in the body. When this happens, a good option is taking a joint supplement with it.
- Post injection problems: Some users complain of nausea, or numb skin after injecting.
- Bloating: This is something that can occur with those who use these types of GH compounds, and it will go away after stopping the use of GHRP-6.
How to use
GHRP-6 is a water based injectable that you will have to mix with bac water, and store. Remember, it is important to store GHRP-6 correctly after mixing it – in the fridge. It should be good for up to 3-4 weeks, so only mix what you plan on using during that time frame.
After you carefully mix it, this compound is typically injected subcutan
eously with a slin pin. For best results, it must be taken daily, and users will typically do several injections per day in order to space it out. Interestingly, GHRP-6 works best if you take it when blood sugar levels are low, and you should not eat anything for an hour after using it.
If used solo, users will run 100-400 micrograms (mcg) per injection, and if stacked with another GH hormone, dosages can be cut in half.
Where to buy
GHRP-6 is sold in the US by prescription only, but research companies sell it quite extensively. However, be careful who you buy it from, as many suppliers sell underdosed, or bunk versions of GHRP-6.
US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health: “The role of leptin and ghrelin in the regulation of food intake and body weight in humans: a review.”
© 2015 iSARMS.com, LLC. All rights reserved.