PSL        esarms.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 5 Deca check in

If I'm doing dumbbell bench I dont think I can drop the weights then pick them up and reset in 10 seconds lol.. On the topic of rest periods: are you guys that strict every single set or is that a rough estimate? I personally hate watching the clock and just go when I feel ready. One thing I do like to do every now and then for bench/squats/deads is triples on the minute for 10 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Specimen View Post
    If I'm doing dumbbell bench I dont think I can drop the weights then pick them up and reset in 10 seconds lol.. On the topic of rest periods: are you guys that strict every single set or is that a rough estimate? I personally hate watching the clock and just go when I feel ready. One thing I do like to do every now and then for bench/squats/deads is triples on the minute for 10 min.
    I dont watch a clock or timer. I go by feel and when my body is ready to attack the next set to get the most out of it. Rest periods are going to vary based on the weight used, reps, and if you are going to failure or how close to failure you are going. Drop sets and and super sets are going to require more rest as well.

There are times I'll rest 45 seconds and there are times I'll rest as long as 2 or 3 minutes when going really heavy at or near failure

i mean, once you have lifted for many years you just got go on a mental clock that you just know... i dont stare at anything... the only time i know i take longer is if i am doing heavy bench or something that you absolutely have to rest longer but generally, for me, its 30-45 seconds and i just know... there are some machines at my gym that have timers on them and if you dont start after a minute of rest it will reset on you