napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

competition

Heres an updated pic. Anyones input appreciated. Not looking for a pat on the back.. just areas I should focus on or lay off of for aesthetics

Attachments

• 20150925_183443-600x1067.jpg
    20150925_183443-600x1067.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 30
Heres an updated pic. Anyones input appreciated. Not looking for a pat on the back.. just areas I should focus on or lay off of for aesthetics

I know I've been meaning to get back to you brother after your PM, and I apologize for not giving you my input sooner.

As for your physique, you actually look very well balanced looking at the pic. Legs look great from quads all the way down to calves. If you are looking for areas to work on, maybe traps, and I'm only saying this because I can't really see the thickness of your traps from the pic. That also goes for some other areas as well. One of the VERY BIG areas that is crucially important for physique competition is back width. From this pic you can't tell what your back looks like. That nice wide back going down to a tight small waist is what they are really after with the pronounced V taper look.

As a suggestion for the future I would post up some pics of your back trying to flare your back out without obvious flexing a bit with your hand on your side (similar to the rear quarter turn pose in physique). This would give a much better impression of your back and trap areas. I would also suggest a side quarter turn shot to help get a better look at arms, side chest, obliques and abs. We already have a very good front shot which looks pretty decent. But remember they will be doing the other quarter turns and judging you for those angles as well.

I know I've been meaning to get back to you brother after your PM, and I apologize for not giving you my input sooner.

As for your physique, you actually look very well balanced looking at the pic. Legs look great from quads all the way down to calves. If you are looking for areas to work on, maybe traps, and I'm only saying this because I can't really see the thickness of your traps from the pic. That also goes for some other areas as well. One of the VERY BIG areas that is crucially important for physique competition is back width. From this pic you can't tell what your back looks like. That nice wide back going down to a tight small waist is what they are really after with the pronounced V taper look.

As a suggestion for the future I would post up some pics of your back trying to flare your back out without obvious flexing a bit with your hand on your side (similar to the rear quarter turn pose in physique). This would give a much better impression of your back and trap areas. I would also suggest a side quarter turn shot to help get a better look at arms, side chest, obliques and abs. We already have a very good front shot which looks pretty decent. But remember they will be doing the other quarter turns and judging you for those angles as well.

Thanks rick ill have my girl take some different angle shots. Much appreciated

Thanks rick ill have my girl take some different angle shots. Much appreciated

No problem buddy. Anytime. Looking forward to any way I can help you with all of this. I think you are going to kill it buddy. I'm interested in seeing those other shots!

What you got brother?!?

yours is real nice bro but i believe i got you on this... =)

2w38jdc.jpg

ou8nrr.jpg

11c4iet.jpg

zlznrr.jpg

Sorry the lighting is terrible but here is a back and side bicep

Attachments

• 20151001_214439-600x1067.jpg
    20151001_214439-600x1067.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20151001_214528-600x1067.jpg
    20151001_214528-600x1067.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
Sorry the lighting is terrible but here is a back and side bicep

Looking good buddy. These pics help much more. Traps, delts, and chest look great. You could use a little more thickness on the arms, but honestly for physique they are proportioned pretty well right now. I would really concentrate on a lot of back width exercises. You have decent width now, but really widening it out more will bring out that V taper. You also need to learn how to flare out them lats a little more, even in a semi relaxed state. Check out some videos on doing a lat spread pose, and you'll see what I mean. Hit a lot of wide grip pull downs, weighted pull-ups, rack chins, wide grip rows, etc....

Looking good buddy. These pics help much more. Traps, delts, and chest look great. You could use a little more thickness on the arms, but honestly for physique they are proportioned pretty well right now. I would really concentrate on a lot of back width exercises. You have decent width now, but really widening it out more will bring out that V taper. You also need to learn how to flare out them lats a little more, even in a semi relaxed state. Check out some videos on doing a lat spread pose, and you'll see what I mean. Hit a lot of wide grip pull downs, weighted pull-ups, rack chins, wide grip rows, etc....

Thanks a lot rick. Been working on the back. I knew for sure I need to do some work there.

You look great bro.... Traps, side and rear delts could be brought up

Thanks man. I stopped really working my delts and traps. Theyre actually throwing off my upper body proportion in my opinion but I definitely need work on the rear delts. Thanks again for the input

Lat spread... The unobtainable pose for me lol. Always had decent strength in the lats but they've always been hidden. Switched a few things and now I'm finally starting to see them. Having a hard time learning how to flex and spread them. All in good time I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lat spread... The unobtainable pose for me lol. Always had decent strength in the lats but they've always been hidden. Switched a few things and now I'm finally starting to see them. Having a hard time learning how to flex and spread them. All in good time I suppose.

Im right there with you. Lats are tough

Genetics will play a major factor, i have friends who naturally have tremendous lats,. As for me i have to focus on them more so and isolate in order to obtain noticeable growth

It can be a tough pose, but once you get it down its cake. Too many guys are trying to squeeze forward with their chest when the real pose is done more by using your back to flare out and even a little with the delts to pull and spread the back out more. Hand placement is also crucial. They should be almost digging into each side of the waist, without being in back or front too much

Top Bottom