napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Relitive strength

I have long ass arms myself but man I'm all for lifting the heaviest possible thing lol. So much fun.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Hell yeah, me too and the test and eq are starting to kick in with the abombs...EEEEwwww weeeeee

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Exactly... You know how many ridiculously overweight dudes i have seen with ridiculous short arms think they are something because they can bench a lot... Fuck.. They cant even see their dick they are so fat and just getting in four sets in an hour is a. Accomplishment... Bench proves less than nothing... Ill rep 90 or 100 lb dumbbells for sets of ten, sculpt and strengthen my chest and further improve my physique... That "how much can you bench?" Shit is so stupid i cant get over it...

No offense big business, its not a dig on you whatsoever, your just having some fun and im all for that, i just dont want anyone to really think that holds any merit whatsoever...

I could care less what i bench. There is this big ol fat dude at my gym. He benches four plates for reps. Big fucking deal u still cant see ur dick cause ur stomach sticks out 12" past ur chest. Not impressed.

I dont even bench. I do many other things. And guys come up to me all the time saying man everytime ur in here u look bigger. Ya cause i know how to force my muscles to grow. I dont worry about how much i bench and squat. And chics dont care either. They wanna see abs and a hard chest and big biceps not some 380# fatty bench 500 for reps. Lol

PHURIOUS

Oh Man, so much hate for the fat powerlifter! Haha! DAMN!
I'm not that guy, don't get me wrong. But puttng more weight on the bar is fun! And hitting a new PR is always killer!

I'm not that guy, don't get me wrong. But puttng more weight on the bar is fun! And hitting a new PR is always killer!

Indeed. I hit a new 10lb PR for a bench of 255. Long limbs are a disadvantage but I don't let that keep me from giving it my all.

As far as the initial topic. I can only hit body weight for 4-5 reps... But it's a work in progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's about having fun right? Enjoying our short time on this planet! So hell yeAh! Congrats on the PR.

Indeed. I hit a new 10lb PR for a bench of 255. Long limbs are a disadvantage but I don't let that keep me from giving it my all.

As far as the initial topic. I can only hit body weight for 4-5 reps... But it's a work in progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We all start some where bro. Keep putting work in and remember to gets those tris, shoulders, lats. They will help to boost your PR

I dont think any of us at AR fit that bill of the fat dickie do powerlifter. I love to lift hard and heavy. To all thier own.

This is why I hover in the middle ground. Muscle don't mean shit if you can't use it.
Why not be jacked and strong that's my method.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I don't even do the ego lift (flat barbell bench press) anymore, because it sucks for growth and fucks up my shoulder when I go too heavy. However, I will say that I am very very strong for my bodyweight. I've put up 405 at a bodyweight of 190 and that was last spring. I've gained strength since then but I'm only a couple pounds heavier. But honestly I just don't care how much I can bench. It isn't worth the risk of injury to me. How many times I can do my bodyweight would be interesting. I'm not sure where I would land, but I have done 225 for 20 easy reps on warmup before, which is 35 lbs more than my bodyweight.

Power lifting is one thing and awesome to thise who can do it. Some fat slob fuck strutting around the gym cause he benched a little more than his body weight is not impressive and just fucking stupid.

Power lifters are usually strong as shit and lift 2-3 times their body weight are like 280 and have a bit of a gut because of the food they eat.

Not some moron w a muffin top. Lol

PHURIOUS

Power lifting is one thing and awesome to thise who can do it. Some fat slob fuck strutting around the gym cause he benched a little more than his body weight is not impressive and just fucking stupid.

Power lifters are usually strong as shit and lift 2-3 times their body weight are like 280 and have a bit of a gut because of the food they eat.

Not some moron w a muffin top. Lol

PHURIOUS

Agree there for sure. I just find lifting heavy heavy shit is so much more fun for me and it seems to be something I am best at. I still love the whole bodybuilding thing but I just cant accomodate it with my work and all. One day I will get back. I wanna pull a john anderson.... Be a champ as a strong man, champ as a powerlifter, then come in and take an Ifbb procard. lol

Ya. I cant really loft heavy cause of my back and shoulder. So i tend to try to outsmart my body to grow. I do lift heavy alot but then i pay for it. So i go med heavy lots of reps and time under tension technique

PHURIOUS

I don't even do the ego lift (flat barbell bench press) anymore, because it sucks for growth and fucks up my shoulder when I go too heavy. However, I will say that I am very very strong for my bodyweight. I've put up 405 at a bodyweight of 190 and that was last spring. I've gained strength since then but I'm only a couple pounds heavier. But honestly I just don't care how much I can bench. It isn't worth the risk of injury to me. How many times I can do my bodyweight would be interesting. I'm not sure where I would land, but I have done 225 for 20 easy reps on warmup before, which is 35 lbs more than my bodyweight.

405 @ 190lbs is damn impressive!

All i do is 20+ rep sets.
I do not barbell press so I am out of this game but it is definitely a good workout for bringing out a tighter physique with a more vascular look..

Barbell bench is what gave me some good sholder whickness. I dont workout shoulders at all lol. Just bench.

For an intermediate person like myself, should I just cut out flat bench and only do incline bar, flys and incline dumbbell bench for better growth. I'm looking for more size than strength and it seems like it is better to do a mixture of high volume and low volume workouts

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

For an intermediate person like myself, should I just cut out flat bench and only do incline bar, flys and incline dumbbell bench for better growth. I'm looking for more size than strength and it seems like it is better to do a mixture of high volume and low volume workouts

Mix it up man. Do barbell one week and dumbbell the net. Barbell has a place there is no denying that. Im a big dumbbell supporter too. But there is no denying barbell will but some nice thick titties on your chest

Mix it up man. Do barbell one week and dumbbell the net. Barbell has a place there is no denying that. Im a big dumbbell supporter too. But there is no denying barbell will but some nice thick titties on your chest
I was wondering about flat versus incline

I was wondering about flat versus incline

Depends flat builds outer chest. Decline and dips builds lower cut. Pec decks and cable crossovers builds center and over all chest mass. Incline builds upper and delts so where it fills in by ur collarbones.

PHURIOUS

Top Bottom