napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

Friday 3/10/2017 Update

Hit the gym last night to do Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Sort of a modified Push routine. Really enjoy doing biceps on push day and triceps on pull. This allowed me to put more effort into my biceps since they were not fatigued. Last nights routine was more hypertrophy with 60-90 sec. rest periods. Don't have my work out journal with me, but routine went as follows:

Incline BB Press - 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
DB Flat Bench - 3 Sets 10-15 Reps
Pec Dec Fly - 4 Sets 12-15 Reps * 30 sec rest
DB Scott Press - 3 Sets 12-15 Reps
DB Side Raises - 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
DB Front Raises - 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
Incline DB Curl - 3 Sets 10-15 Reps
Rope Hammer Curl -3 Sets 10 Reps

I like the rope hammer curl idea, I don't have a rope here but I bought a V shaped tricep push down attachment, I use that backwards for curls and damn that is blowing my outer bicep up. Loving it!

Friday 3/10/2017 Update

Hit the gym last night to do Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Sort of a modified Push routine. Really enjoy doing biceps on push day and triceps on pull. This allowed me to put more effort into my biceps since they were not fatigued. Last nights routine was more hypertrophy with 60-90 sec. rest periods. Don't have my work out journal with me, but routine went as follows:

I did the same thing last week with chest/bi and found it to help a lot. Definitely helps you push a bit more with each muscle group!

Friday 3/10/2017 Update

This is a killer thread ironlifter36, so glad I found it. You give great inspiration and motivation to people like myself. I'll be following your results. I'm currently 24 days into my cycle.

This is a killer thread ironlifter36, so glad I found it. You give great inspiration and motivation to people like myself. I'll be following your results. I'm currently 24 days into my cycle.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. Fitness, like most things, is a series of steps or building blocks. Each step will take you to the next level. Each level will only take you so far, then you have to learn, adapt and master the next level in order to continue to progress. So far, mastering my nutrition has had the BIGGEST impact in my progress and physique.

Monday 3/13/17 Update:

Hit the gym Saturday to do Back, Rear Delts, Triceps and Ab's. Workout routine was as follows:

Rack Pulls - 225x10, 275x10, 295x10, 315x8
Reverse Grip Pulldowns - 130x12, 140x11, 140x10
Single Arm Cable Pulldowns - 60x12, 60x12, 60x12
TBAR Rows - 90x15, 100x10, 100x10
Reverse Pec Dec Fly - 45x20, 50x18, 50x20
EZ Bar Skullcrushers - 75x10, 75x9, 75x9
Single Arm Tricep Rope Pushdown - 30x15, 30x15, 30x15
Ab's Cable Crunches

While I was doing my routine, some dude tore his pec. Ouch, boy that shit looked like it hurt. He was a big guy, doing 275 on bench and looked like he should have been able to handle it no problem. Not sure what happened.
Tried Halo Top Saturday, had the Chocolate Almond crunch and have to say not bad.

Did 30min of cardio yesterday followed by calves. Headed to the in-laws to feast where I indulged in 2 helpings of Ghirardelli chocolate brownies topped with ice cream. Adjusted my meals for the day to accommodate for the cheat meal, however guesstimate I probably went over my daily target by 500-1000.

Monday 3/13/17 Update:

Hit the gym Saturday to do Back, Rear Delts, Triceps and Ab's. Workout routine was as follows:

Ab's Cable Crunches

While I was doing my routine, some dude tore his pec. Ouch, boy that shit looked like it hurt. He was a big guy, doing 275 on bench and looked like he should have been able to handle it no problem. Not sure what happened.
Tried Halo Top Saturday, had the Chocolate Almond crunch and have to say not bad.

Did 30min of cardio yesterday followed by calves. Headed to the in-laws to feast where I indulged in 2 helpings of Ghirardelli chocolate brownies topped with ice cream. Adjusted my meals for the day to accommodate for the cheat meal, however guesstimate I probably went over my daily target by 500-1000.

Killer workout man. I cringed when I read "tore his pec". After watching that devin physique dude tear his I tighten up thinking about it.

Monday 3/13/17 Update:

Ab's Cable Crunches

Good workout bro!! Tearing your pec is terrible feeling!! I tore my pec and had it surgically reattached in 2015. Felt like a towel was tearing apart in my skin!! Glad you enjoyed yourself with in-laws!!

Killer workout man. I cringed when I read "tore his pec". After watching that devin physique dude tear his I tighten up thinking about it.

Ya, I saw that video too. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. PED's will make your muscles grow faster than your tendons and ligaments opening you up for injuries such as this. Dylan preaches this all the time and he is right.

Wednesday 3/15/2017 Update

Body weight and skin folds holding steady at this point. I am in a very mild surplus although unsure of what my next goal is at the moment. Waiting to visit Doctor tomorrow so my cycle has been on hold. My boss recently had a small gym put in complete with a squat rack, platform, dumbbells, EZ bars and a GHD machine. I went into work Monday morning to do legs and try the new equipment out. I decided to do Front Squat to change things up a little. Due to my body mechanics, I can not sit back during back squats and simply do not get much hamstring activation. The front squat allows me to sit back more and I really feel my hamstrings and glutes activating. However, the limiting factor then becomes how much I can hold as I have poor arm/shoulder mobility. Will post a brief description of Mondays workout below:

Legs

Front Squat - 3 sets 8-12 Reps
BB RDL - 3 Sets 12 Reps
Single Leg Hip Thrust - 3 Sets 15 Reps
GHD Machine ( Leg curls ) - 3 Sets 10 Reps
AB's - Decline Sit ups and Hanging Leg Raises.

Yesterday I went to my local gym to do Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I arrived feeling tired and exhausted, but ended up actually having a pretty good session once the blood got flowing. Brief workout routine posted below:

Chest, Shoulders and Biceps

BB Flat Bench - 3 Sets 6-9 Reps
Weighted Dips - 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
Upper Chest Cable Fly - 3 Sets 15 Reps As seen in link, skip to 7:20 https://youtu.be/XOa29j20nIo These are great for targeting the upper chest. Been doing these for 3-4 months and can see striations in my chest now.
DB Shoulder Press - 8-12 Reps
EZ Bar Upright Row ( Wide Grip ) - 3 Sets 12 Reps SUPPER SETTED w/ DB Front Raises - 3 Sets 10 Reps + Drop set on last set
EZ Bar Preacher Curl - 3 Sets 8 -15 Reps
DB Hammer Curls - 3 Sets 8 Reps

Currently running a modified PPL split every 5-6 days so volume has been adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
I got just the opposite from front squats. I feel more activation of my quads then glute and ham but everyone is different. I use to do front squats every week. It took some getting use to with bar positioning and I also started with holding onto straps. Since surgery for my pec I only use db for front squats and do them last so I don't need a whole lot of weight.

I got just the opposite from front squats. I feel more activation of my quads then glute and ham but everyone is different. I use to do front squats every week. It took some getting use to with bar positioning and I also started with holding onto straps. Since surgery for my pec I only use db for front squats and do them last so I don't need a whole lot of weight.

YA, front squats are supposed to technically target the quads, but for me I feel it in the hams and glutes. Have had several people try to teach me to sit back during the squat, but it won't work. It's a matter of physics. I have long femurs, so I have to tilt my torso forward to maintain my center of gravity. Widening my stance does help a little.

Very nice Iron, it's always nice to have easy access to equipment . And for hams & glutes, same problem . Im worried about my back, my heavy squating days are over. The only thing I've tried is the ham machine(lying) unless I'm doing it wrong, that is shit???? Every now & then I do class with the women, works but doesn't?? Just keep doing the sled I guess, keep up the good work!!! Good luck with the DR !

YA, front squats are supposed to technically target the quads, but for me I feel it in the hams and glutes. Have had several people try to teach me to sit back during the squat, but it won't work. It's a matter of physics. I have long femurs, so I have to tilt my torso forward to maintain my center of gravity. Widening my stance does help a little.
The front squat is doing what you want it to that's all that matters! Keep killing it bro!!

Interesting, I have to do this same thing, my back squat form sucks too. I have to lean very far forward to maintain balance. DAMN FEMURS!
Great log so far brother, and thank you for all the support!

Lol, I know the feeling. While my form is ok, it is not the most optimal leg exercise for me. I do it and I do it regularly to continue progressing my lift. Check this page out. There is a video halfway down that is VERY informative on this subject.
https://bretcontreras.com/how-femur-length-effects-squat-mechanics/

Top Bottom