napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

Lol, I know the feeling. While my form is ok, it is not the most optimal leg exercise for me. I do it and I do it regularly to continue progressing my lift. Check this page out. There is a video halfway down that is VERY informative on this subject.
https://bretcontreras.com/how-femur-length-effects-squat-mechanics/

I had learnt this a while back as my lifting partner suffers from this. The links looks like solid info, definitely going to peruse through it later, thanks man!

I had learnt this a while back as my lifting partner suffers from this. The links looks like solid info, definitely going to peruse through it later, thanks man!

I used to think it was my squat form and to a degree it was in some ways. I have spend a great deal of time doing mobility and stretching which has helped. However, after watching this video, I realized my form will never look like my buddies because we have different body mechanics. This video is only 5 minutes, but very informative.

I used to think it was my squat form and to a degree it was in some ways. I have spend a great deal of time doing mobility and stretching which has helped. However, after watching this video, I realized my form will never look like my buddies because we have different body mechanics. This video is only 5 minutes, but very informative.

Yes we had wondered for a while what his problem was. He does have a lot of mobility problems but it was more than just that as we discovered. Squat shoes helped him due to the heel raise but he still has to lean more than most people.

Yes we had wondered for a while what his problem was. He does have a lot of mobility problems but it was more than just that as we discovered. Squat shoes helped him due to the heel raise but he still has to lean more than most people.

I should probably invest in some squat shoes. Right now I squat and deadlift with just my socks on.

Thursday 3/16/2017 UPDATE

Cycle is officially on hold. Expected start date: Unknown

Got a few business trips coming up back to back. Plan to eat around maintenance until I get the Doctor/blood work sorted out.

Hey brother just wanted to say keep up the great work and I applaud your hard work and persistent helping and encouraging others. Truly an asset to our great community here!!

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
PM for any questions
BigB15 for 15% off all orders

Thursday 3/16/2017 UPDATE

Cycle is officially on hold. Expected start date: Unknown

Got a few business trips coming up back to back. Plan to eat around maintenance until I get the Doctor/blood work sorted out.

That happens. I decided to not run my cycle until after the contest as well.

Hey brother just wanted to say keep up the great work and I applaud your hard work and persistent helping and encouraging others. Truly an asset to our great community here!!

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
PM for any questions

I appreciate the kind words BigB. I am enjoying seeing others progress and am learning a lot along the way as well. We have some really good members on this board.

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
PM for any questions

I second this, IL has been a huge help to me with knowledge/motivation!

Monday 3/20/2017 - Update

For those who have not read the entire post, my original plan to clean bulk has been delayed and I am presently maintaining weight / stats. Poor timing as it relates to the 12 Week transformation, however perfectly fine with me as it relates to the overall picture of my fitness journey. As I said in the beginning, my primary motive for participating in this contest was to learn, get to know other forum members and to help motivate others along their journey. Presently eating around maintenance at 2900 on workout days and 2700 on rest days. Weight is pretty steady though I am fuller and more vascular. My strength is increasing as well which is always welcomed. Current Stats: 174lbs Skin Fold: 17mm Total Approx BF - 8%. Skin folds are up 2mm in my stomach, but feel this is likely due to water retention. I dialed back my AI recently. I use an AI for estrogen control on TRT, however due to the strength of Sarmsx AI, slowly overtime lowered my estrogen to the bottom range. I was not sleeping well and felt irritable somewhat. Since this adjustment, I am sleeping better and feel much better overall.

I will be traveling for work during the next several weeks and will be documenting my nutrition and workouts on the road.

Monday 3/20/2017 - Update

For those who have not read the entire post, my original plan to clean bulk has been delayed and I am presently maintaining weight / stats. Poor timing as it relates to the 12 Week transformation, however perfectly fine with me as it relates to the overall picture of my fitness journey. As I said in the beginning, my primary motive for participating in this contest was to learn, get to know other forum members and to help motivate others along their journey. Presently eating around maintenance at 2900 on workout days and 2700 on rest days. Weight is pretty steady though I am fuller and more vascular. My strength is increasing as well which is always welcomed. Current Stats: 174lbs Skin Fold: 17mm Total Approx BF - 8%. Skin folds are up 2mm in my stomach, but feel this is likely due to water retention. I dialed back my AI recently. I use an AI for estrogen control on TRT, however due to the strength of Sarmsx AI, slowly overtime lowered my estrogen to the bottom range. I was not sleeping well and felt irritable somewhat. Since this adjustment, I am sleeping better and feel much better overall.

I will be traveling for work during the next several weeks and will be documenting my nutrition and workouts on the road.

Props to you keeping up on your workouts/diet while traveling. Do you just find random gyms while you are on the road or are you part of one that allows you to use any location nationwide?

Props to you keeping up on your workouts/diet while traveling. Do you just find random gyms while you are on the road or are you part of one that allows you to use any location nationwide?

Thanks NM, that too I have learned from others. Others have shown me that it is possible to stay on top of your nutrition while travel. It just requires a bit more forward thinking and planning. Right now I am finding random gyms. I started the Regional position I am in now 9 months ago so I am still visiting different states in my territory for the first time. Once I make a complete circuit, I will decide on whether to find a nationwide gym. Would probably be LA Fitness if I had to choose one. I really enjoy visiting different gyms...new equipment, new toys and new scenery!

Saturdays Workout - Quads, Hamstrings and Glutes

Hack Squat - 180x12, 200x10, 200x10
Trap Bar Deadlift - 225x12, 275x10, 305x8
Cable Kickbacks - 30x18, 35x15, 35x15 **I realize this is a girly-man exercise, but i have been trying to do direct glute work. I really feel this targeting the muscle****
Single Leg - Leg Extensions - 50x15, 50x15, 50x15
Seated Leg Curls - 90x15, 100x10, 100x10
Single Leg-Leg Curls - 30x15, 30x15, 30x15

Music Selection: 50 Cent, Lil-Wayne, Bone-Thugs and Beastie Boys

Still killing it! Good workout! I have used the curves kick back machine before for my glutes I don't think you can get anymore girlie then that!!! Keep killing it bro even while you travel!!

Sundays Workout -Chest, Shoulders and Biceps

Incline BB Press - 155x9, 155x8, 160x8
Incline DB Flies - 35x15, 40x12, 40x12
Single Arm DB Flat Press - 55x10, 55x10, 55x10 **Do these to really focus on the contraction***
Arnold DB Press - 40x12, 40x12, 40x10
DB Front Raise - 20x10, 20x10, 20x10
DB Side Raise - 25x12, 25x10, 25x8
Incline DB Curl - 30x15, 30x11, 30x10
Rope Hammer Curl - 70x12, 70x12, 70x12

Music Selection: Pink Floyd, One Republic, Alice in Chains and more Beastie Boys

Top Bottom