napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

sober peoples!!!

Awesome dude!!! I didnt realize how many people had these struggles. Keep it up bro. Cigarettes were the hardest part for me

Ciggs were hard, but I took the welbutrine pills. Worked really good for me. Of course, there is some will power involved as well.

So I celebrated 2 years of continuous sobriety this past sunday and just wondered how many of us are on that path and how much time others have away from drugs and booze. God has blessed me beyond what I probably deserve and just thought id share with the family

That's great bro. About a year and a half ago I got released from prison and made the choice to stay clean. I have done a total of five years locked up because of my addiction. If I didn't stay clean when I got out I would be back in prison or dead. If you don't mind me asking how did you get clean? Some people go to aa and n.a. meetings and others just stop. I'm just curious how you did it.

Congrats!
I been an alcoholic all my life. Started drinking at 14.
This month marks 3 yrs sober without any drinks. It also marks the 3 yrs, I been putting into bodybuilding. It's what keeps me focused.

Good thread! Lost of ppl that are into bodybuilding come from a dark past.

I totally agree with you. Bodybuilding fills the void in my life. When people get sober there's a big void that they need to fill. Most fill it with n.a. and aa meetings. I think bodybuilding is much more productive.

I never would have thought that there would be this many recovering addicts on this forum. Feels good that there are others that understand what it is like to be an addict and get clean. Everyone stay clean through the new years and keep lifting.

I totally agree with you. Bodybuilding fills the void in my life. When people get sober there's a big void that they need to fill. Most fill it with n.a. and aa meetings. I think bodybuilding is much more productive.

I never needed any of those meetings. I knew that I had to make a change in my life. I realized that alcohol robbed me of having a real life. I lived for drinking, and drugging. I have 2 DUI's under my belt. The 2nd one cost me about 14 grand and I lost my license for 6 yrs. I still have a 6am to 6pm work license. And I have vehicle interlock to start my car. I have no shame to talk about it, because I have learned my lesson. Bodybuilding is what keeps me going.

So I celebrated 2 years of continuous sobriety this past sunday and just wondered how many of us are on that path and how much time others have away from drugs and booze. God has blessed me beyond what I probably deserve and just thought id share with the family

Congrats bro!!!! I've done alot of partying/drugs but never had to have them. I guess I'm lucky....keep up the good work!!!!

That's great bro. About a year and a half ago I got released from prison and made the choice to stay clean. I have done a total of five years locked up because of my addiction. If I didn't stay clean when I got out I would be back in prison or dead. If you don't mind me asking how did you get clean? Some people go to aa and n.a. meetings and others just stop. I'm just curious how you did it.

I spent years going in and out of aa/na.. countless rehabs and detoxes. Finally kicked dope cold turkey in jail this time and never looked back. Was homeless when i got out so I went to a halfway house and got back on track. I go to AA now and try and live by the principles

Dude... if I didnt lift id either kill people or continue to drink. Or id be fucking every girl possible which is another addiction ive overcome

You have no idea how lucky you are not having addictions like that. I fought them all my life. It was this bodybuilding life and all the great people on boards like this that keep me straight. If it was not for having a home like this, I'm not sure where I'd be? I'm totally serious. Meeting SnS has also changed my life drastically as well. So I'm really thankful for all of it.

I'm really happy for you brother in turning your life around. That's awesome to hear

Bodybuilding makes it easier too give it up also if your serious I like too have a beer and not really an addict but ive only had maybe 3 or 4 in the last year simply because i have a shitty metabolism and have too watch my diet all year and that beer has such a negative effect on my physique that its just not worth it

Im proud of each and every one of you guys, I just quit drinking mainly because the more I would drink the more I would smoke and Monday morning PT in the Air Force I would end up puking the entire 3 mile run. I will have an occasional drink but don't feel like I need it in my life. I will pray that you guys are stronger than the poison. Nothing but total respect that you would even share those demons in our lives that can grab ahold of us from time to time. My dad drinks about a handle every other day and cannot kick it. Props to all of you in that struggle

Im proud of each and every one of you guys, I just quit drinking mainly because the more I would drink the more I would smoke and Monday morning PT in the Air Force I would end up puking the entire 3 mile run. I will have an occasional drink but don't feel like I need it in my life. I will pray that you guys are stronger than the poison. Nothing but total respect that you would even share those demons in our lives that can grab ahold of us from time to time. My dad drinks about a handle every other day and cannot kick it. Props to all of you in that struggle

Thx And congrats Rock! My drinking had gotten me in so much shit that I thank god I'm still alive today. I was an angry fuk when I drank and I came from the streets of a tough neighborhood and I would have so many fights with and without weapons and the next day waking up with black eyes busted lip and them go back at the bottle again and do it all over again. I thank god for blessing me with another day of life every time I wake up!! I say to all who kicked this deadly habit keep God with you and you will Prevail.

Alcohol and Cigarettes should be illegal banned instead of AAS!!!

Thx And congrats Rock! My drinking had gotten me in so much shit that I thank god I'm still alive today. I was an angry fuk when I drank and I came from the streets of a tough neighborhood and I would have so many fights with and without weapons and the next day waking up with black eyes busted lip and them go back at the bottle again and do it all over again. I thank god for blessing me with another day of life every time I wake up!! I say to all who kicked this deadly habit keep God with you and you will Prevail.

Alcohol and Cigarettes should be illegal banned instead of AAS!!!

God is good all the time!!!!

We are a family here. What better way to be a part of it than to share those things we might rather keep hidden. Im not ashamed anymore. My prayers go to you as well rock. Youre a good dude and you run phurious gear so you must be a wise man too

I had 3 years on sept 2. I really let myself go to shit after my 2nd divorce in 2011. Lost 52 lbs from May to Sept of '15 and gained 12 lbs muscle back since. I spend more time in the gym than meetings but I still hit meetings to help others and never forget where I came from.

Top Bottom