napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

NM Transformation Log

cde6a69b957a4b268049da735524efa1.jpg

2bbbe5b66511095b8579d1d21e651289.jpg

BDay cheat meal 1:

Steak cut calamari and soft pretzels for appetizers.
6 oz filet and 4 oz lobster tail that I got to cook myself on a volcanic rock (pretty fucking dope).
Fully load baked potato and asparagus. Desert coming soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a9908ca7717fe285c23835a8973a46b2.jpg

"The meal isn't over when I'm full, the meal is over when I hate myself" - Louis CK. This applies fully right now lol

Chest/BI today:

DB press - 4 sets (8/40,8/45,6/50,6/50)
Incline DB press - 3 sets (10/25,10/25,10/30)
Low pulley fly - 3 sets (10/10,10/10,
Pec Dec - 3 sets (10/100,10/105,10/105)
HS incline press - 3 sets (10/45,10/50,
BB curl - 4 sets (11/40,10/45,9/50,9/50)
Seated DB hammer curl - 4 sets (10/17.5,10/20,10/20,10/20)
Machine curl drop sets - 4 sets (12/110,9/95,9/85,10/65)
Rope pulley crunch - 4 sets (30/40,15/50,15/50,11/50)

Idk what it is about incline bench press but it hurts the living hell out of my right shoulder. I really try to focus on my form but I always get pain in the front of my shoulder. Think I'm gonna stick to Hammer Strength machines for working on my upper chest. I've seen some other exercises you can do with the pec dec and other pulley machines for upper chest I might try out.

That's a really common problem with incline press. Some people over extend their arms at the top which causes the shoulder to push out of the shoulder girdle putting more stress on the shoulder. You want full ROM, but once your elbows are fully extended you don't need to keep pushing higher. Another issue is how high the bar is towards your neck, if you're coming in too deep that can cause some shoulder impingement, again stressing the shoulder. I don't know if either one of those are your issue but I believe that's the 2 most common reasons for shoulder problems with the bench.

That's a really common problem with incline press. Some people over extend their arms at the top which causes the shoulder to push out of the shoulder girdle putting more stress on the shoulder. You want full ROM, but once your elbows are fully extended you don't need to keep pushing higher. Another issue is how high the bar is towards your neck, if you're coming in too deep that can cause some shoulder impingement, again stressing the shoulder. I don't know if either one of those are your issue but I believe that's the 2 most common reasons for shoulder problems with the bench.

I've only been using dumbbells but I'm sure it applies as well. When referring to how high the bar is towards my neck do you mean I may be bringing dumbbells to close to parallel with my chin?

I've only been using dumbbells but I'm sure it applies as well. When referring to how high the bar is towards my neck do you mean I may be bringing dumbbells to close to parallel with my chin?

Correct, it mostly comes down to how much you're flaring out your elbows. If you flare them out too far it puts a lot of impingement on the shoulder. Some people can get away with more of an angle as we're just built different and have different levels of flexibility. If I remember correctly you often want to be about 50-60 degrees rather than close to 90. Unfortunately this down take some weight off the chest and places it on triceps, but you also should be able to push more weight that way. I find myself able to go a little higher with dumbbells than barbell since you can arc the dumbbells out some as you descend rather than being stuck in a plane.

I have no idea if this will help you, figured I'd throw it out there though.

I am in agreement with Carmel Cowboy and RedM on the transition to a bulk aka reverse diet. Personally, i start with a 200 calorie increase by adding 50 carbs the first week. Second week, add another 10 carbs and 5g Fat. 3rd week, add another 10 carbs and another 5g Fat. Also, during this transition i reduce my cardio by at least half. I too find i maintain or continue to lose weight during the transition, however i begin to fill out and tighten up. I feel i look my best 3 weeks into a reverse diet.

What are your current macros? Not macro split, but what are your actual macros?

I am impressed with your squat progress bro. You have really made some great gains my friend. This will only get better with the increase in calories/carbs. I see 2 plates ie 225 in your future.

What % of your calories do you get fat from when reverse dieting to maintenance calories? I'm thinking 20% is where I want to stop at. Since I'm 140ish lbs right now that would put me at about 50 grams of fat at maintenance. I'll hit that after my second week of reverse dieting so should I just continue to add in 100 calories of carbs each week until I'm at maintenance?

Correct, it mostly comes down to how much you're flaring out your elbows. If you flare them out too far it puts a lot of impingement on the shoulder. Some people can get away with more of an angle as we're just built different and have different levels of flexibility. If I remember correctly you often want to be about 50-60 degrees rather than close to 90. Unfortunately this down take some weight off the chest and places it on triceps, but you also should be able to push more weight that way. I find myself able to go a little higher with dumbbells than barbell since you can arc the dumbbells out some as you descend rather than being stuck in a plane.

I have no idea if this will help you, figured I'd throw it out there though.

Ok, next week I'll have to really focus on keeping my elbows at a 60 degree angle. If I still get pain in my shoulder I may have to ditch the exercise but we will see. Thanks for the tip Red!

Back/tricep today:

Deadlift - 4 sets (10/165,8/195,6/225,5/265)
WG lat pull down - 4 sets (10/120,10/125,10/125,9/130)
DB row - 4 sets (10/55,10/55,10/55,9/55)
Single arm low pulley row - 4 sets (10/40,10/45,10/45,10/45)
Tricep rope pushdown- 4 sets (10/40,10/45,10/45,10/45)
Single arm tricep pulley kick back - 4 sets (9/10,10/10,10/10,10/10)
Closegrip bench - 4 sets (10/65,10/75,10/75,10/80)
Forearm BB curl - 3 sets (20/30,20/30,20/30)

Followed by 30 minutes of cardio. I'm starting a new overall diet for the last week of my cut this Wednesday. Removed red meat for more chicken and decreased my protein a bit more to get my fats up to 45 grams a day. Overall break down is as follows:
F:45.43g
C: 126.95g
P: 215.2g

Total calories: 1777.4

I'll start reverse dieting next Wednesday. I would like to get up to maintenance calories by the start of my PCT and stay there throughout. I'm hoping to get a good idea of what my maintenance calories is during that time so I can adjust accordingly going into a bulk.

Back/tricep today:

Deadlift - 4 sets (10/165,8/195,6/225,5/265)
WG lat pull down - 4 sets (10/120,10/125,10/125,9/130)
DB row - 4 sets (10/55,10/55,10/55,9/55)
Single arm low pulley row - 4 sets (10/40,10/45,10/45,10/45)
Tricep rope pushdown- 4 sets (10/40,10/45,10/45,10/45)
Single arm tricep pulley kick back - 4 sets (9/10,10/10,10/10,10/10)
Closegrip bench - 4 sets (10/65,10/75,10/75,10/80)
Forearm BB curl - 3 sets (20/30,20/30,20/30)

Followed by 30 minutes of cardio. I'm starting a new overall diet for the last week of my cut this Wednesday. Removed red meat for more chicken and decreased my protein a bit more to get my fats up to 45 grams a day. Overall break down is as follows:
F:45.43g
C: 126.95g
P: 215.2g

Total calories: 1777.4

I'll start reverse dieting next Wednesday. I would like to get up to maintenance calories by the start of my PCT and stay there throughout. I'm hoping to get a good idea of what my maintenance calories is during that time so I can adjust accordingly going into a bulk.

Great workout! The reverse dieting is an interesting thing! I think you will learn a lot about your body and how it responds to the increase in calories. How are you going to increase your calories?

I see you mentioned to would want to be at maintenance by pct, how many weeks would that be of reverse dieting?

Next week I'll increase calories by 200 a mix of carbs/fat. Then I'll continue to add 100 calories of carbs each week until I reach maintenance so 4 weeks total to get there. I'll only be adding carbs the remaining weeks cause I'll already be at 20% of my calories for fats after week 1 of reverse dieting. Looking now I won't be at maintenance until I've been in PCT for a week.

Next week I'll increase calories by 200 a mix of carbs/fat. Then I'll continue to add 100 calories of carbs each week until I reach maintenance so 4 weeks total to get there. I'll only be adding carbs the remaining weeks cause I'll already be at 20% of my calories for fats after week 1 of reverse dieting. Looking now I won't be at maintenance until I've been in PCT for a week.

Sounds like a good plan. I have learned that my maintenance change. For me I go more on how my body is responding to the added calories from fat and carbs. I never put a time frame on reverse dieting cause rushing it is one of the main reasons people put on excess body fat and mess up there metabolisms. Just like when you cut to lose body fat if you rush it then you increase the risk of losing muscle. Numbers are great but for me they always take a back seat to how my body is responding. Seems as though you are on the right path with your plan but be open to always adjust and slower and less weight gain is always better!!

Sounds like a good plan. I have learned that my maintenance change. For me I go more on how my body is responding to the added calories from fat and carbs. I never put a time frame on reverse dieting cause rushing it is one of the main reasons people put on excess body fat and mess up there metabolisms. Just like when you cut to lose body fat if you rush it then you increase the risk of losing muscle. Numbers are great but for me they always take a back seat to how my body is responding. Seems as though you are on the right path with your plan but be open to always adjust and slower and less weight gain is always better!!

I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on my weight and skin folds. I know their not an accurate measurement of BF but I can at least measure the change week to week to see if I'm gaining too much fat. Like you said I'll be open to adjusting macros/calories as I go. Trying to stay as lean as possible as I go into a bulk.

I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on my weight and skin folds. I know their not an accurate measurement of BF but I can at least measure the change week to week to see if I'm gaining too much fat. Like you said I'll be open to adjusting macros/calories as I go. Trying to stay as lean as possible as I go into a bulk.

You got it brother!! One other thing to take into consideration is the first few weeks doesn't always give you the most accurate feedback as far as weigh gain is concerned. Your body is coming off of a deficit and still has room for some added carbs to be stored so your weight might not move up too much but you may look and feel fuller don't keep adding too soon to get the scale to move!! Small increases and pay attention to what you see in the mirror as well as how your feel.

This sounds like an excellent plan. I wouldn't be to concerned with the scale at this point. You will likely gain a few pounds as glycogen stores refill. As this happens, you may even find you begin to look leaner and more full. As long as you stay the course and keep your nutrition in check / on point you will be fine bro. Looks like you have a solid plan in place. Having no plan is what gets people in trouble. They cut, then when its over, get lax, start eating whatever they want and wonder why they gain it all back.

This sounds like an excellent plan. I wouldn't be to concerned with the scale at this point. You will likely gain a few pounds as glycogen stores refill. As this happens, you may even find you begin to look leaner and more full. As long as you stay the course and keep your nutrition in check / on point you will be fine bro. Looks like you have a solid plan in place. Having no plan is what gets people in trouble. They cut, then when its over, get lax, start eating whatever they want and wonder why they gain it all back.

Lol you mean I can't just transition to a cheeseburger bulk the first week?

Top Bottom