napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cardazol, rad 140 log

Had a pretty good week.
Seem to be dropping weight.
That really was not the goal.
Of course if replacing that with added muscle I will like it.
My type of foods are good. Just some days are tough to keep ratios in check.
I know to add muscle I need to eat more.
I thought I would never say this. Some days I just can’t seem to eat all I should.
Like today I just need more protein but I am full.
I know “stop my whining!!!”

no, thats a general problem for most bro... diet is the key... its really about 70% of all of this... training about 25 and the ped's about 5%, maybe 10... diet is everything and the most difficult of all this

Yep. I work pretty hard on my diet.
I probably have better luck with it, than weight lifting!
I am not one of those guys that can pack on muscle. My genetics helps me be lean and vascular.
Also injuries and age hold me back a bit from hitting the lifts like a mad man.
I’ll never be huge. I’m good with that. I have learned to work with what I got.
I did the dad bod for years.
I’m glad I’m back to being healthy and feeling better.
I will live longer. My sweet revenge on the world is I will be here for many years to drive my family crazy!!!!
Ha ha ha (insert crazy, evil laughter)!!!!

My schedule was jacked up this past week. Ended up missing the gym on Friday and Saturday. Bummer cause those are my usual bigger work outs.
My gout is still kicking in the left foot. Tried to avoid it when possible.
Got it the gym on Sunday. Felt good and absolutely crushed a full body work out.
Been eating like crazy (good and clean).
Drink minimum one gallon a day of water.
Work out was a solid quick passed 2 hours.
Felt like I ran out of water and stopped sweating at the end.
Got on the scale I actually lost weight this week.
Wasn’t my goal, but interesting walked out the gym at 185. In body machine still not working so not sure other stats.

Normaly take today.(Monday’s ) off.
Since I had already missed a couple scheduled work out. I was feeling good so thought I would run to the gym and get in a little ab work.
Wow I felt great. Next think I know been an hour and half. Did a great ab work out. Jumped over and did some chest. Then back for another ab workout.
Only left cause I promised to cook tonight.
Felt great

Normaly take today.(Monday’s ) off.
Since I had already missed a couple scheduled work out. I was feeling good so thought I would run to the gym and get in a little ab work.
Wow I felt great. Next think I know been an hour and half. Did a great ab work out. Jumped over and did some chest. Then back for another ab workout.
Only left cause I promised to cook tonight.
Felt great
awesome man... monday is always my best day of the week in terms of how i feel... i take saturday and sunday off so you can imagine after running 50 or more miles that break does me wonders... glad to hear you had a good one!

50 miles a week? That’s awesome. Every time I read you says that. My legs start to hurt just thinking about it. Ha ha
I like to see everyone at the gym. They all have such different goals. It is awesome to watch folks. I see those that are there for a reason and it inspires me.
Another great workout today.
Thanks for the support guys.

So I keep dropping weight. I increased my food intake 300 calories a week ago.
Obviously that might not be enough.
My goal is adding lean muscle while maintaining my lower bf. Around 10%
Since I started this cycle I have dropped about 8 lb. my bf has lowered a bit and that’s ok. However I know to add muscle I need to feed the growth.
Sample day is
1 Dave’s killer bagel
4 tbls Peanut butter powder
2 tbls Natural strawberry jelly
500-600 grams chicken breast(baked)
Cup brown rice or baked potato
Half cantaloupe
2 protein shakes
Some veggies
Bcaa
Creatine
3-4 coffee w/sweet & almond creamer
Protein bar..
If I have a sweet tooth at end of night I might have strawberries/ blueberry with a good granola (purely Elizabeth)and honey.

This puts me in the 2600 -2800cal range.
240 g carbs
60g fat
330 protein

Any ideas of what I should add or change?
Just looking for friendly advice not a full meal plan.
I don’t want to ask for too much!

add in some different things... i would avoid the bagel to start with... get some eggs in there... try to also add some different meats that are lean.. pork tenderloin for example... make sure you get adequate carbs... you dont have much there.. just the rice or potato... get more veggies in there to compensate with clean carbs and maybe some oats as well...

Thanks
I will have to learn to eat oat meal. Bla. I never cared for the taste. That bagel I only eat every other day. It is my cheat way of having a bread. It is a better than some bagel.
When I don’t have it, I up my carbs another way.
Thanks for the advice.
I know I am missing something that just need tweaking.
I feel silly about complaining of weight loose.
I worked so hard to loose my fat. Now I complain when I loose weight.
Crazy world.
I currently eat very little dairy or grains.
Thanks

happy to help bro... just remember, no matter what, diet also needs tweaks and changes, especially as you get older.. things change brother, and just when you think you have it nailed, you realize other changes need to be made

I think I’m going to change it up for sure. Not crazy drastic cause I need to be able to control it.
It seems I might have had a good thing going to maintain being lean. However it might not have been good for building muscle.
For now I’m going to up my calories total to 3000. Change my ratio of protein, carb and fat. From 50/30/20 to more like 40/35/25. Not exact but a good direction.
Not a huge change but a start.
Swap a few foods for different variation.
I know sweet potatoes and oatmeal.
Are good choice, but I don’t like them.
I need to try some different ways to cook them.
My wife does one meal I might try with 2 servings cinnamon roll oatmeal, 2 tsp cinnamon, 4 egg whites and 2bls peanut butter powder.
It hides the taste enough I think I can eat it. Of course I’ll watch the sugars. It’s 362cal, 44 cab, 6, fat, 34 protein
Eating to gain muscle is different for more me and I am trying.
I feel good cause at least i have a decent base and habits to start with. That has taken a couple years to get under control.
Now just tweak it for sure.
I hope this information is helpful too others along the way.
Thanks

Last edited:
i put one scoop of birthday cake protein powder in my oatmeal and drizzle peanut butter over the top of it and absolutely love it

Sounds yummy.
I had this one this morning and I can do it.
I will try yours also for sure.
I am really liking this peanut butter powder. You can add it to anything. Or add water to it to make a thick or thin peanut butter.
It ain’t Jiffy peanut butter but that’s ok.
Jif natural 190 cal, 16 fat, 8 carb 7 pro
Powder 70 cal, 2 fat 5 carb 8 pro

yeah bro, i just stick with jif or skippy to be honest... but whatever works for you that you like is what you should always go with

Top Bottom