napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Am I really 29.6% BF... still????

jmmdm2

I realize the all-in-one bathroom scale isn't the most accurate of tools for a BF measurement but 29.6% is pissing me off (which will only make me word harder and eat better).

At 42, 5'8" & 202lbs... this is what I look like after losing 90lbs since January 2016...

Isarms pic.jpg

I have a feeling my skin isn't going to tighten up as it did when I was younger which is another issue to deal with but almost 60lbs of me is still fat... really? I don't expect a dex scan number by posting but the forum members seem to have a fairly accurate estimation based on pics/stats. As embarrassing as it is to post this, fuck it... maybe I'll get more motivation out of it.

No, I do not expect anyone to tell me I'm #10%

I'm currently on a the same keto diet that helped me lose most of my weight last year. I don't think it's going to last after the lack of carbs during yesterday's leg workout sent me home swearing. I want to get under 200 and then readjust calories to stay on the -1 to -1.5 lb/week schedule. Diet is centered around 99% lean organic ground turkey, zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, egg whites, grilled chicken breast and protein shakes for supplements. I throw in a few extra fats here and there keeping with the keto plan but I'm still consuming 250 - 300 grams of protein daily, fat is around 40 grams and carbs vary... I try to stay under 20 grams but went way over yesterday at 75 grams!!

I think it's time for another sarmsx run.. S-4, GW & RAD. Thoughts?

Keto is the key too that incorrect reading your around 20 yes but not 29 but on keto what you see is mostly fat there is very little water as storing water without glucose is harder .and those machines calculate water as lean body mass .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I realize the all-in-one bathroom scale isn't the most accurate of tools for a BF measurement but 29.6% is pissing me off (which will only make me word harder and eat better).

At 42, 5'8" & 202lbs... this is what I look like after losing 90lbs since January 2016...

View attachment 4255

I have a feeling my skin isn't going to tighten up as it did when I was younger which is another issue to deal with but almost 60lbs of me is still fat... really? I don't expect a dex scan number by posting but the forum members seem to have a fairly accurate estimation based on pics/stats. As embarrassing as it is to post this, fuck it... maybe I'll get more motivation out of it.

No, I do not expect anyone to tell me I'm #10%

I'm currently on a the same keto diet that helped me lose most of my weight last year. I don't think it's going to last after the lack of carbs during yesterday's leg workout sent me home swearing. I want to get under 200 and then readjust calories to stay on the -1 to -1.5 lb/week schedule. Diet is centered around 99% lean organic ground turkey, zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, egg whites, grilled chicken breast and protein shakes for supplements. I throw in a few extra fats here and there keeping with the keto plan but I'm still consuming 250 - 300 grams of protein daily, fat is around 40 grams and carbs vary... I try to stay under 20 grams but went way over yesterday at 75 grams!!

I think it's time for another sarmsx run.. S-4, GW & RAD. Thoughts?

No reason to be embarrassed bro, you are making progress. How long have you been in a calorie deficit? Have you taken any diet breaks or have you just been straight grinding away since you started last year?

Probably not 29% but depending on where you started and how long ago you could potentially be pretty proud of your results.

Be proud of your progress bro and keep your nose to the fucking grindstone.

You got this. You do not seem almost 30% though.

Stick with it.

Thanks guys! I appreciate that explanation of how the BF is calculated on those scales Gymjunkie38, makes sense!

I've been going up and down relative to caloric intake... during my last sarms cycle, I was eating fairly clean but over maintenance by 500 - 1000 depending on the day. Maybe my maintenance number is off. I only made it back to 220lbs but I was much stronger and looked more muscular. Combo of the sarms and carbs I assume.

I've been working at this for about 16 months. I was 196lbs in Sept of 2016 which was 9 months after I started from 292lbs. Then I started to try and gain muscle before cutting again, which I'm doing now.

I would love to see maybe 18% by the end of the summer... just a goal. May not get there but I'll try like hell.

Thanks guys! I appreciate that explanation of how the BF is calculated on those scales Gymjunkie38, makes sense!

I've been going up and down relative to caloric intake... during my last sarms cycle, I was eating fairly clean but over maintenance by 500 - 1000 depending on the day. Maybe my maintenance number is off. I only made it back to 220lbs but I was much stronger and looked more muscular. Combo of the sarms and carbs I assume.

I've been working at this for about 16 months. I was 196lbs in Sept of 2016 which was 9 months after I started from 292lbs. Then I started to try and gain muscle before cutting again, which I'm doing now.

I would love to see maybe 18% by the end of the summer... just a goal. May not get there but I'll try like hell.

I think you'll get there, I myself went from 246lbs down to 218lbs on Keto in 9 months without exercise or SARMs.

What brought me here is when I started exercising my weight loss stalled and I came to the understanding that now I should concentrate on adding more lean muscle mass with a proper weight training, rest and supplement cycles.

Now that you are armed with the collective knowledge, support and experiences of the people on this forum there is no doubt you will achieve your goal and you and everyone else in this community will be better off because of it!

Thanks for sharing, and we've all got your back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not 29% bro no way, the loose skin makes it hard to say. I'd say 20% to 23%

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I was thinking around 23% to 25%... I could believe around 46 pounds of me is fat. If I could get rid of half of that in 23 weeks, I'd be thrilled. Too bad my mid section will still look like it's melting... fuck me for being a lazy ass for the last ten years.

It's really hard to judge because of the loose skin but 29% is definitely too high. Them scales are not accurate at all. You're probably more around 20 or so. Possibly low 20s.

Regardless, congrats on your remarkable progress!! You've come a,long way. Good job brother

Again, I appreciate the support! I was looking into the cool sculpting treatment but I wonder if that will make it worse???? The fat cells die out but the skin just doesn't have the ability to return to normal... I'll have to check into it a bit more. There has to be a way to tone up, I've seen countless success stories where men and women go from obese to ripped with abs. I'll figure it out.

Excellent progress man, that takes time and dedication to do it right a huge congrats! I think the people you see are ones who take a really long time to work it off right to where the skin has a chance to bounce back, either that or they have surgery to remove it.

Great job man! I've been there so I know the hard work it takes. One day at a time.

Top Bottom