napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Guys over 40 forum

call1home

Thanks for the Welcomes,
Did not see a older section, like 45 and up...Did I overlook that or do we have one here?
If not we need one. I would also like to know who is your oldest mod. ? Since they do not always show this in there profiles.

Ill be frank here,,There is no good reason in my opinion to treat my work outs, diets, cycles etc. the same way a 25 year old or even a 35 year old would,,,Iam 55 and have to treat all these things a little different to some degree. Iam not slamming you young guys (I wish I were back there) But if we have some older guys here,, we need to have that wisdom and experience showing in a forum. I need to see guys my age who are trying to accomplish what Iam trying to accomplish which is stay healthier longer and look the best I can while doing it.
DG ask if I knew what my BF % was? Yea , that is important and I can tell you that its a lot harder to keep off at 55 than 25 or 35. So I guess it would be a super kind gesture to keep this in mind when older guys are finding there way in this area.
And yes I know you guys here are probably already doing this but I thought it was worth posting.
I for one always appreciate any input,,That alone shows effort.

welcome to the forums " ol timer" lol just kidding,, I'm 57 yrs old now and still kicking ass,, yes my avatar IS indeed a real picture of me, of course I'm a photographer and I know how to use light and shadow lol welcome to the forum though dude !! glad to have you here ;)

Most of the time guys post there stats and age when asking cycle of other questions. All ages can benefit from a good thread and debate. So as far as I know, there is no plans for one. That being said some of our most knowledgeable guys here are older and make great threads. In which we all learn and participate.

Thanks for the Welcomes,
Did not see a older section, like 45 and up...Did I overlook that or do we have one here?
If not we need one. I would also like to know who is your oldest mod. ? Since they do not always show this in there profiles.

Ill be frank here,,There is no good reason in my opinion to treat my work outs, diets, cycles etc. the same way a 25 year old or even a 35 year old would,,,Iam 55 and have to treat all these things a little different to some degree. Iam not slamming you young guys (I wish I were back there) But if we have some older guys here,, we need to have that wisdom and experience showing in a forum. I need to see guys my age who are trying to accomplish what Iam trying to accomplish which is stay healthier longer and look the best I can while doing it.
DG ask if I knew what my BF % was? Yea , that is important and I can tell you that its a lot harder to keep off at 55 than 25 or 35. So I guess it would be a super kind gesture to keep this in mind when older guys are finding there way in this area.
And yes I know you guys here are probably already doing this but I thought it was worth posting.
I for one always appreciate any input,,That alone shows effort.

First of all, I'd like to welcome you to our home here at AR! We are glad to have you here with us, and I think you'll find this to be a valuable and helpful community to you.

As for the over 40 section, as of right now we do not have one. We try to keep the number of necessary forums we have down to a minimum as we have found in the past (when we had more sub forums) that threads can get lost easily and go unanswered in certain sections. To illicit more responses and attention to threads, we have condensed them down a bit...at least for now. As this forum expands and has more growth we are certainly open to the idea of creating some other forums like an over 40 section.

I am head moderator here, and I am 41 years old. I understand completely the need to have different training styles and different cycle designs at older ages than when you are in your 20s for example. One of the big reasons I no longer do high volume work. My body doesn't recover from all that volume like it once did. I have adapted to a higher intensity lower volume training style at 3 days per week and it works very well for me for growth and strength.

If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask me at any time in threads, or PM me. I'm more than happy to help

Welcome to the family man! As stated before when anyone gives advice here its generally from someone who takes into account a persons stats and has enough experience to adjust their advice accordingly. Youre in good hands here and there are a bunch of guys that can help you along the way to achieve your goals. Rick is a great dude with a plethora of knowledge and experience. There are also countless younger guys that have experience beyond their years and have a lot to offer. Keep an open mind and you csn learn from us all.

Welcome to AR. You will love it here. I am 43 and a newbie to AAS and I learned so much here from the young and older fellas.

Welcome Bud, 46 years young here! I have definently changed my program a bit as I've gotten older.
Still try and push heavy with the young bucks. Just not with the same volume. I've found that the high rep workouts are far worst on my joints than heavy weight in the 3-5 rep range.

Bro..drb was already lifting when you were born.Have you checked any of his posts? At your age you should be dispensing knowledge to the young guys,since you have been around the block more times. His avatar is when he was 65 years old. His last post in the steorids section was to not do bench press. He is 67. He has written extensively to the young guys on this board about what to expect as they age.Read up ol boy.

I'm not over 40 but I wanted to welcome you to AR.. Love AR because all of the knowledgable members and I trust our sponsors. Looking forward to hearing wisdom and experiences you have had along the way.

44 here and it may be a stretch but i would almost bet the avg age here is late 30's or 40's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 61 in March........... not lifting for total looks I think I will always have a few lbs on
me but a lift for total health with cardio and diet

We all have our different reasons for training. I know I'm never gonna compete, but I know I look a whole lot better then most guys my age. That's what matters to me. I just want to look good. And I do catch women and dudes checking me out. LOL.. Just to be clear, I don't want nothing to do with dudes checking me out! LMFAO

Welcome brother... 45 here... I think you'll find the maturity level here is definitely high... It's the reason I call it home.

We all have our different reasons for training. I know I'm never gonna compete, but I know I look a whole lot better then most guys my age. That's what matters to me. I just want to look good. And I do catch women and dudes checking me out. LOL.. Just to be clear, I don't want nothing to do with dudes checking me out! LMFAO

Your so right on.... I see that when I'm out with my wife people checking me out....

To me Bro it makes you feel good about yourself with all the hard work you put in.

Oh you know there's some JM pics out there in a few guys spank banks! Hell, I might even have some! Bwahahaha!

Top Bottom