napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting on Sarms...Show Prep

OnceNatty

I'm an older competitive bodybuilder. Was natty until last year. I've done 3 cycles of sarms.
One 8 week mk2866@20mg/day...one 8 week lgd4033@10mg/day...and one more 8 week mk2866@20mg/day.

Question is, I'm getting ready to start another mk2866@20mg/day as I prep for a show...last 8 weeks. Now I've always been an IIFYM, CICO guy and always cut at 1lb per week, just tailoring back my calories. I've always cut with the belief I need to lose 1lb per week, and if the scale wasn't moving, I wasn't losing bodyfat.

Therein lies the rub. I read a lot about how most everyone using sarms properly gains muscle and loses fat...very against what I've done all my life.
So what do I do?
What should the scale do?
Do I eat at maintenance and see what happens?

If I'm losing weight, I'm not gaining muscle. So should I be gaining weight on mk2866 and losing fat at the same time?
My other cycles have been bulking cycles so I just made sure the scale went up by .5-1 lb per week; and I was assured I was gaining muscle. Not sure what to do here on my first cutting cycle.

there are bums that live under the highway downtown when i drive by. i give them food, water and even things like old bicycles i have. they are lean as hell too. they follow IIFYM, drink, do drugs, eat gas station food and fast food. again they are LEAN. but you know what? they also look 20-25 years older then they are and their guts are blown out

my advice before anything you start taking your diet serious. i don't care how you 'look' on the outside. you are killing yourself on the inside

Bros best thing you can do is get a log going
please post up pictures so we see what you look like

i don't recommend eating unhealthy
make sure you log your meals for us so we can track what you're eating

LOG APPROVED - PLEASE POST A LOG

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

best thing you can do is get a log Journal going
a log Journal is going to be how we can guide you

it starts with pictures of yourself and pictures of your meals
also would love to see some pictures of your training

sarms were created to help prevent muscle wastage.. you can get away with eating on a deficit with them while still preserving muscle

I should have been more clear. I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm willy-nilly with my diet; I'm actually very dialed in and consistant; same with my training. No log but I eat chicken, ground turkey, banana, avacado, eggs, spinach and oats 7 days per week; very few, if any, cheats.
I mentioned IIFYM and CICO because I don't believe in the fad type diets, keto, IF, Atkins etc...I believe cutting is 100% calorie dependant no matter what you eat. I've done it for years, fat to fit, bulk/cut cycles, go from 16% to 5% etc... all on calorie cutting. I should, but I don't do any cardio when I cut either...all about calories.
Anyway, this is me
Keep in mind I'm 52, 154 lbs and 100% lifetime natty in these
0.jpg
1.jpg

Well done brother. You've done great and it shows. I also follow IIFYM, and like you it's mostly "clean" with degrees of leniency.

As for ypur question ypu likely won't gain muscle and lose fat of ypu are in a true deficit. Bit it will help you hold onto muscle. Sarms are great for that

there are bums that live under the highway downtown when i drive by. i give them food, water and even things like old bicycles i have. they are lean as hell too. they follow IIFYM, drink, do drugs, eat gas station food and fast food. again they are LEAN. but you know what? they also look 20-25 years older then they are and their guts are blown out

my advice before anything you start taking your diet serious. i don't care how you 'look' on the outside. you are killing yourself on the inside
I feel very little people actually realize or understand it's not the outside that matters it is the inside and how the internals are looking. The outside looks like a super car the inside looks like a ford pinto just before the gas tank explodes from a minor incident.

Top Bottom