napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How does this training plan look?

JLewis91

Hey guys, your opinion on this training plan? It's my own, I've chopped it up a chit. Don't worry, I'm not a beginner.. This may seem like a lot to some people, but this is what works for me.. But if you can make it easier for me, feel free.

Monday - Leg Day

Barbell Squat - 4 sets of 10
Hack Squat - 4 sets of 10
Leg Press - 4 sets of 10
Lying Leg Curl - 4 sets of 10
Standing Calf Raise - 4 sets of 10

Tuesday - Back Day

Bent-over Barbell Row - 4 sets of 10
T-Bar Row - 4 sets of 10
Seated Cable Row - 4 sets of 10
Lat Pull Down - 4 sets of 10
Dead Lift - 4 sets of 10

Wednesday - Shoulder Day

Military Press - 4 sets of 10
DB Shoulder Press - 4 sets of 10
BB Upright Row - 4 sets of 10
Lateral Raise - 4 sets of 10
Front BB Raise - 4 sets of 10

Thursday - Chest Day

Inclined Bench Press - 4 sets of 10
Bench Press - 4 sets of 10
Cable Cross-Over - 4 sets of 10
DB Fly - 4 sets of 10
DB Pullover - 4 sets of 10

Friday - Arm Day

Close-Grip EZ Bar Curl - 4 sets of 10
Alternate Bicep Curl - 4 sets of 10
Alternate Hammer Curl - 4 sets of 10

Overhead Tricep Extension - 4 sets of 10
Lying Tricep Extension - 4 sets of 10
Tricep Pushdown - 4 sets of 10

Wrist Curls - 4 sets of 10
Reverse Wrist Curls - 4 sets of 10

Saturday & Sunday - Rest Days, unless I'm banging my girl

Looks good to me but I cannot take that much time off. I have heavy compound days and accessory/isolation days. I go 7 days a week unless I burn out and need a day off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks ok to me, I like to vary the reps a little more but that's my personal preference. Are you doing cardio aswell?

Guys, what do you think about training all body parts (upper body) three times and legs two times a week?
Why is everyone training split body parts?
I've read in a research that proteinosynthesis lasts for 24-48 hours and that means that if you train a body part one time a week you lose about three days of muscle growth.
What do you guys believe about this?

Guys, what do you think about training all body parts (upper body) three times and legs two times a week?
I've read in a research that proteinosynthesis lasts for 24-48 hours and that means that if you train a body part one time a week you lose about three days of muscle growth.

I wouldn't be recovered to be honest. I can do twice a week training for all body parts for 3-5 weeks but then I need a deload so to speak. Where I just train each body once a week

It's not as simple as that bro. The frequency you can hit body parts depends entirely on volume and intensity. The more volume you have in your workouts, the longer you need for recovery before hitting that group again. Hitting everything that often doesn't generally go well. You grow while resting body parts in recovery and in the kitchen... not in the gym

Yes ^

Hey Rick, I read in this article that you should consume 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight, what's your take on this? If this is the case, will I have to adjust my protein intake daily? When I hit the weights and the food, I gain pretty fast..

Yes ^

Hey Rick, I read in this article that you should consume 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight, what's your take on this? If this is the case, will I have to adjust my protein intake daily? When I hit the weights and the food, I gain pretty fast..
Yep 1 to 2 grams of protein per body lb is the general guideline. Many will agree that 1.5 to 2 grams per body lb is ideal by "bodybuilding" standards. Naturally, as long as you're getting at least 1 gram per body lb minimum, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hey guys, your opinion on this training plan? It's my own, I've chopped it up a chit. Don't worry, I'm not a beginner.. This may seem like a lot to some people, but this is what works for me.. But if you can make it easier for me, feel free.

Monday - Leg Day

Barbell Squat - 4 sets of 10
Hack Squat - 4 sets of 10
Leg Press - 4 sets of 10
Lying Leg Curl - 4 sets of 10
Standing Calf Raise - 4 sets of 10

Tuesday - Back Day

Bent-over Barbell Row - 4 sets of 10
T-Bar Row - 4 sets of 10
Seated Cable Row - 4 sets of 10
Lat Pull Down - 4 sets of 10
Dead Lift - 4 sets of 10

Wednesday - Shoulder Day

Military Press - 4 sets of 10
DB Shoulder Press - 4 sets of 10
BB Upright Row - 4 sets of 10
Lateral Raise - 4 sets of 10
Front BB Raise - 4 sets of 10

Thursday - Chest Day

Inclined Bench Press - 4 sets of 10
Bench Press - 4 sets of 10
Cable Cross-Over - 4 sets of 10
DB Fly - 4 sets of 10
DB Pullover - 4 sets of 10

Friday - Arm Day

Close-Grip EZ Bar Curl - 4 sets of 10
Alternate Bicep Curl - 4 sets of 10
Alternate Hammer Curl - 4 sets of 10

Overhead Tricep Extension - 4 sets of 10
Lying Tricep Extension - 4 sets of 10
Tricep Pushdown - 4 sets of 10

Wrist Curls - 4 sets of 10
Reverse Wrist Curls - 4 sets of 10

Saturday & Sunday - Rest Days, unless I'm banging my girl

it looks fine but ill have to admit, i dont like your Leg day at all. its way too quad dominant, and there is only one Ham and one Calf movement. the movements should be equal in my opinion. if you do two quads, then do a lying leg curl AND romanian deadlift, then do a standing calf raise AND a seated calf raise. all equal. and trust me you dont want to develop imbalances in your ham to quad it will cause problems

Yes ^

if you do at least 1g per lb you should be fine. but i will say if you are Cutting then i think a much higher protein intake is vital, like 2g per lb

if you do at least 1g per lb you should be fine. but i will say if you are Cutting then i think a much higher protein intake is vital, like 2g per lb
This is true i eat 1.5 grams when trying too gain with 2 grams of carbs and .3 grams fats but when cutting carbs and fats are cut way back so i increase protien knowing my body will break down alot of that protien for energy leaving less for muscle recovery

As far as training frequency recovery is going too depend on the intensity and volume you train and nutrition as well as your cycle . for instance on 400 mg of test prop with a cutting diet twice a week high volume 60 percent load would be optimal but a gram of Tren on a bulking diet you could do full bodywork 6 days a week and just grow grow grow . But theres a price too pay for running that much gear all the time

Yes ^

1g of protein per pound of bodyweight would be the minimum you should take in. I would aim closer to 1.5g per pound and try not to exceed 2g per pound. If you stay in those ranges that is ideal for growth

Its also important too note these guidelines are for lean lifters someone just starting out and having a high bodyfat levels 20 percent or more should use there lean bodymass too calculate this as fat does not require protien

Its also important too note these guidelines are for lean lifters someone just starting out and having a high bodyfat levels 20 percent or more should use there lean bodymass too calculate this as fat does not require protien

Yes that is correct

Only thing j would change is put back in between shoulders and chest days to go in with fresher shoulders for chest. But looks good buddy

I do Chest/lite tri, Back/lite bi's, legs, Shoulders/lite chest, arms, alternating push and pull with leg in the middle giving upper body a break

Top Bottom