napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Helping a friends diet

Saiyan

Alright. I have a friend who I have mentioned a few times. He will ask questions and then argues and rarely follows and advice given. I told him I'd do one more for him and if he doesn't agree then he can fuck off on asking advice.
He is like 5'9" 180+/- a few. Higher bf% but with ok muscle deep underneath. Over the last few years he went from 210 to 135 by not eating much. Then I got him lifting and went to 155. He lost his diet focus and is now fat again.
He says he's been at 1700 calories for several weeks now and is not dropping any weight. He's also taking GW for two weeks now. He thinks he needs to drop to 1500 calories to lose weight.
I tell him his issue is his training and cardio. But of course that's not the issue in his eyes. It's the diet. But at 1700 you should be dropping weight regardless!
So any ideas? And anyone have a low carb diet that I can suggest? I told him to cut all of his rice meals from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup. He seems to think he's one that carbs are the worst enemy. So advice guys?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope at some point you realize there are people you just cannot help man. it sucks but what happens is all the drama and drain you are absorbing. HE is the problem. and if he can unload it on you then he don't have any problems you have them. he seems to like the fact that either 1. he gets attention for the complaining, or 2. he wants to but doesn't have the will to do it, and you cannot make someone have will power even my wife that is my best friend at some point I have to say. when you get sick and tired of being sick and tired of it you will change. You have done all you can but he knows everything because your plan is working so well!!!! When they get to a point when they are ready they will change.

Those who change against their will, are of the same opinion still. words to live by right there. finances, food, alcohol, everything lol

he don't want to change yet, so just humor him and don't take it so personal you cant save someone who don't really wanna be saved. it's like the alligator roll if you don't play with alligators you don't get pulled under by the death roll!!! so just don't play into it.

Tell him hes a retard and walk away lol.
Dude for a contest prep diet to get down to like 4% bf I wouldnt even go bellow 2500 calories. lol
I do use low carb dieting and carb cycling though.

Seems like this kid doesnt have much in the way of muscle mass. Why is he so desperite to diet down?

Lol awesome responses guys.

Tx. When I helped him to 155 he was actually looking decent. Still had some fat. But every time he tried to cut that down, he brought in the "I only lose muscle when I diet" and I think that is what fucked his healthier eating. And then he just swelled up mid section with all around fat.
He has also lost a lot of motivation from my perspective. When we lifted together it was push push push. Then he changed schedules and works out alone. He's afraid to move any kind of weight while alone but won't change his schedule back. It's an easy move for him, but he is pretty selfish in some aspects.
But back to it, his intensity is pretty low and can't even say it's volume over weight. He never does more than 8 of anything and like I said, I know strength is relative to each person, but you should be lifting more than a year ago. Not 30lbs less just for 3 extra reps over a year later.
To answer you, he just wants to get rid of the fat. I put him on GW and he thinks that will make up for lack of cardio. I told him he needs at least 20 minutes a day not just twice a week. His response was on the lines of "holy fuck where do I come up with 20 minutes". Again I know. Lack of will like Rock said.
I guess that's what I'll tell him. When he's ready to recommit like he used to, I'll help. Until then you're on your own.

Lol awesome responses guys.

Tx. When I helped him to 155 he was actually looking decent. Still had some fat. But every time he tried to cut that down, he brought in the "I only lose muscle when I diet" and I think that is what fucked his healthier eating. And then he just swelled up mid section with all around fat.
He has also lost a lot of motivation from my perspective. When we lifted together it was push push push. Then he changed schedules and works out alone. He's afraid to move any kind of weight while alone but won't change his schedule back. It's an easy move for him, but he is pretty selfish in some aspects.
But back to it, his intensity is pretty low and can't even say it's volume over weight. He never does more than 8 of anything and like I said, I know strength is relative to each person, but you should be lifting more than a year ago. Not 30lbs less just for 3 extra reps over a year later.
To answer you, he just wants to get rid of the fat. I put him on GW and he thinks that will make up for lack of cardio. I told him he needs at least 20 minutes a day not just twice a week. His response was on the lines of "holy fuck where do I come up with 20 minutes". Again I know. Lack of will like Rock said.
I guess that's what I'll tell him. When he's ready to recommit like he used to, I'll help. Until then you're on your own.

Really man it seems like a wasted effort. The guy clearly lacks the driving force to his goals. Its tough to work with people like that. Tell him to sign up here man. Maybe exposure to the elements will help.

yep, he wants the results but wants the big mac as well. I say walk away it is too much for you to worry about. lol it sucks but he is selfish just stick to what you are doing and don't get caught up.

yep, he wants the results but wants the big mac as well. I say walk away it is too much for you to worry about. lol it sucks but he is selfish just stick to what you are doing and don't get caught up.

But that's the thing. I've seen his logs on my fitness pals. If he's sticking to what he logs, it's really only like 1720 calories. How the fuck do you not lose to that? I would lose weight just sitting around all day on that diet!

Breakfast is eggs and egg whites, toast. Chicken, rice, veggies for lunch and dinner. And tuna mixed in for lunches and dinners. Most of what I see is good. But I can't see everything he eats lol. He was eating like 2x 1/2 cups of rice before. Trying to talk him down to 1/4. Maybe I'll try to get him on here but I doubt he will. Plus he'll learn of my aas use. Which isn't a good sign yet. Lol.

lol. ya he needs to cut the rice for sure man unless its brown or wild grain and if he is loading it with butter and salt that could be it as well. plain tuna no mayo. look some of us can do it some of us cant it is a commitment. even my wife says I don't know how you eat tuna with no mayo. and I used to eat it like that but now I have a goal and it don't involve mayo on my shit just yet. lol you cant commit 50% and expect 100% results

I no longer help friends with diet. You spend your precious time devising something that will most likely work for them and they just brush it off. No longer wasting my time.

^^^^^yep I 100% agree it downright pisses me off. I cant tell you how many dollars of food I have thrown away in the past month. I cook healthy all weekend for the weekly meals. and you kow what I get? Im hungry whats there to eat? what I fuckin cooked that's what!!! well im thinkin pizza and I say have fun with that shit. so I slap have mainly only cooked for me cuz I cant eat it all and it goes to waste. so fuck it im on strike I need atleast 15 dollars an hour to cook for them hahahahaha

But that's the thing. I've seen his logs on my fitness pals. If he's sticking to what he logs, it's really only like 1720 calories. How the fuck do you not lose to that? I would lose weight just sitting around all day on that diet!

His body is probably in a severe catabolic state... burning away the remainder of his muscle for energy and replacing it with fat. Thats why you can never go by the scale. When your swapping muscle for fat or vice versa, your weight could remain somewhat steady. Sometimes you just gotta step back and like rock said... let him get motivated. Right now youre doing all the work

The reality bro is at 1700 cals he should be loosing problem is thats too low and starvation mode will make you eat its a hormonal response and the result is the binges he doesnt tell you about or log in my fitness pal

Top Bottom