napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

NM Transformation Log

Yeah, I just think the issue is adding 5 pounds each arm. What I'm gonna do next week is switch to seated BB overhead presses. That way I can add 5 pounds total across both arms and work my way up from there. It's not ideal for my imbalances but I want to progress to more weight so I gotta make adjustments.

Be careful with the bb cause you don't have as much freedom with arm position and may put you in a position that shoulder might not like. Start light and feel it out! As far as the imbalance goes you could use laterals to make sure you keep pushing the weaker side! Side laterals, rear laterals, front raises! If you can locate the exact head of the delt that need more work you can add another exercise for that particular head.

Deadlift numbers are looking sick bro, good job. Weights are getting up there, remember, don't sacrifice form for weight. This is always important, however becomes even more critical as the weights increase. 5lb jumps on DB's is a lot, I agree. BB press will allow for 5lbs increase, perhaps less if you invest in micro plates. As CC suggested, be careful about putting your shoulder in a bad position. Start light and go up from there. Doing good man.

Be careful with the bb cause you don't have as much freedom with arm position and may put you in a position that shoulder might not like. Start light and feel it out! As far as the imbalance goes you could use laterals to make sure you keep pushing the weaker side! Side laterals, rear laterals, front raises! If you can locate the exact head of the delt that need more work you can add another exercise for that particular head.

Cool, I'll start light in the hypertrophy range and then move into a 6-8 rep range for strength. I do love lateral exercises and from experience I think my front delt on my left arm is stronger then my right just like my chest. Probably for the same reason, my right arm being my dominant arm. Thanks for the knowledge I swear you know everything lol. How long have you been lifting?

Deadlift numbers are looking sick bro, good job. Weights are getting up there, remember, don't sacrifice form for weight. This is always important, however becomes even more critical as the weights increase. 5lb jumps on DB's is a lot, I agree. BB press will allow for 5lbs increase, perhaps less if you invest in micro plates. As CC suggested, be careful about putting your shoulder in a bad position. Start light and go up from there. Doing good man.

Thanks man! I think I might be capping out my weight for a lot of exercises. I'm thinking of shifting more towards a hypertrophy rep range for my compound lifts and focusing on form while lowering weight. Today during my last rep of squats at 205 I felt a pinching pain in my left abdomen and was scared I got a hernia for a second. The pain went away and I'm fine now but it has made me stop and think that I need to slow down on increasing my weight and focus more on form like you said. What are your thoughts on switching up my rep range/weight for compound lifts?

Reps/weight
Hip abduction - 4 sets (20/70,20/100,20/115,15/130)
Squat - 4 sets (7/155,6/165,6/185,6/205) - pinching pain in abdomen left side on last rep
Standing calf raise - 4 sets (20/135,20/145,20/145,20/155)
Hack squat - 3 sets (11/90,10/180,9/230)
Lying leg curl feet touching - 4 sets (12/65,11/95,10/100,8/100)
Leg press wide foot - 3 sets (15/180,12/270,11/270)
Leg extension - 3 sets (14/100,13/115,11/120)
AB crunch machine - 3 sets (30/80,28/95,16/95)
Roman chair leg raise - 2 sets (20,15)

Been out of the gym for an hour now and no more pain from the previous pinch I felt in the left side of my abdomen. Gonna keep an eye on it over the next few days. Definitely a wake up call to slow down on weight progression and focus on form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I think I might be capping out my weight for a lot of exercises. I'm thinking of shifting more towards a hypertrophy rep range for my compound lifts and focusing on form while lowering weight. Today during my last rep of squats at 205 I felt a pinching pain in my left abdomen and was scared I got a hernia for a second. The pain went away and I'm fine now but it has made me stop and think that I need to slow down on increasing my weight and focus more on form like you said. What are your thoughts on switching up my rep range/weight for compound lifts?

I think that is a great idea. You have gotten your strength up to where you can now go back lifting more weight in the hypertrophy range. It will interesting to see what you can squat now for reps of 10-12 compared to 2-3 months ago. I think you will be surprised.

Reps/weight
Hip abduction - 4 sets (20/70,20/100,20/115,15/130)
Squat - 4 sets (7/155,6/165,6/185,6/205) - pinching pain in abdomen left side on last rep
Standing calf raise - 4 sets (20/135,20/145,20/145,20/155)
Hack squat - 3 sets (11/90,10/180,9/230)
Lying leg curl feet touching - 4 sets (12/65,11/95,10/100,8/100)
Leg press wide foot - 3 sets (15/180,12/270,11/270)
Leg extension - 3 sets (14/100,13/115,11/120)
AB crunch machine - 3 sets (30/80,28/95,16/95)
Roman chair leg raise - 2 sets (20,15)

Been out of the gym for an hour now and no more pain from the previous pinch I felt in the left side of my abdomen. Gonna keep an eye on it over the next few days. Definitely a wake up call to slow down on weight progression and focus on form.

Smart move. Form is so important and it can be easy to drift away from, especially with such awesome gains you've been making. It's hard to see the process slow down and you want to keep pushing, that's when form starts to take a hit.

Good work man. I think your log is a huge inspiration for aspiring gym goers. I mean just look at the progress you've made in such a short time, it's amazing.

I think that is a great idea. You have gotten your strength up to where you can now go back lifting more weight in the hypertrophy range. It will interesting to see what you can squat now for reps of 10-12 compared to 2-3 months ago. I think you will be surprised.

Yup, and he will respond much more strongly to the hypertrophy now that he is lifting heavier weights. Muscles micro tears will be happening!

Yup, and he will respond much more strongly to the hypertrophy now that he is lifting heavier weights. Muscles micro tears will be happening!

Agree. Also, the transition to the hypertrophy range combined with the increase in calories will create a perfect environment for new growth IMO.

Cool, I'll start light in the hypertrophy range and then move into a 6-8 rep range for strength. I do love lateral exercises and from experience I think my front delt on my left arm is stronger then my right just like my chest. Probably for the same reason, my right arm being my dominant arm. Thanks for the knowledge I swear you know everything lol. How long have you been lifting?

I have been lifting since my sophomore year in high school. I am 43 years old so over 25 years!

Smart move. Form is so important and it can be easy to drift away from, especially with such awesome gains you've been making. It's hard to see the process slow down and you want to keep pushing, that's when form starts to take a hit.

Good work man. I think your log is a huge inspiration for aspiring gym goers. I mean just look at the progress you've made in such a short time, it's amazing.

Thanks Red! I hope anyone new or vet can take something away from this. It has definitely been one hell of a learning experience for me.

Me as well, I think I'm gonna shoot for at least one set 185 for 10. I'lll probably start at 165 and push up from there!

That's awesome man, shows your dedication! Also explains your vast knowledge base haha

Thank you!! There are a lot of people on here that have more experience and knowledge then me bro! I am still learning not only from the more experienced but from you as well!! Your dedication and desire is inspirational!! The progress you have made and your humble desire to learn and improve is awesome!!! Always keep your cup empty brother!!!

Thank you!! There are a lot of people on here that have more experience and knowledge then me bro! I am still learning not only from the more experienced but from you as well!! Your dedication and desire is inspirational!! The progress you have made and your humble desire to learn and improve is awesome!!! Always keep your cup empty brother!!!

Thanks man and will do! The main reason I've stuck around this forum is because everyone is learning from everyone along while pushing each other towards their goals. It's a great environment to be apart of!

Well I got to the gym at 7 today and there was a sign saying they didn't open till 8 because of Easter, probably should have paid more attention while I was there earlier this week haha. Had to work out in the basement gym today with an ancient pulley machine, Olympic barbell and bow flex adjustable DBs. It was not ideal but I made the best of it hitting chest and biceps. Warmed up with some push ups and got to it. On the pec dec and machine press the number after reps is the number of plates I used as I have no idea the weight. I also locked in some 2.5 and 5 lb B.B. Plates when I needed to up the weight a little.

Machine chest press - 4 sets (12/3,12/3,12/3 +2.5,10/3+5)
DB ball fly - 4 sets (10/15,12/15,12/17.5,12/20)
Inner chest ball plate press - 4 sets (15/25,15/35,15/45,15/45)
Pec Dec - 4 sets (12/2,12/2,13/2,13/2)
BB curl - 4 sets (12/45,12/45,10/50,10/50)
DB hammer curl - 4 sets (12/20,12/22.5,10/25,9/25)
21 BB curl - 3 sets (21/30,21/30,21/35)

05cadc54a5defcdc11dfaa6afb2e05cd.jpg

All that matters is that you put in that work my man, you persevered through a mistake and got your swole on!! Just a friendly reminder 10 days left on the contest. Keep on killing it bro

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back/Triceps today:

EZ bar pull down - 4 sets (12/100,10/120,10/120,9/120)
Standing DB row - 4 sets (12/50,12/55,10/60,10/65)
BB row - 4 sets (12/95,10/105,10/105,9/105)
T bar row - 4 sets (10/70,11/70,11/75,10/75)
HS low row right arm only - 2 sets (10/45,10/55)
Tricep pulley pressdown - 4 sets (12/40,12/50,12/60,6/70)
EZ bar skull crusher - 4 sets (12/40,12/40,12/40,13/40)
SA pulley pull down - 4 sets (14/10,12/15,10/15,10/15)

Top Bottom