napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

TRT Update

Yeah I'm pushing slightly right now don't want it to seem like I want injections, but cost wise is very disproportionate between both. Ridiculous!

Yeah I'm pushing slightly right now don't want it to seem like I want injections, but cost wise is very disproportionate between both. Ridiculous!

Shit, tell the Doctor it's not a matter of what you want, it's a matter of what you can afford and what's financially sustainable over time since TRT is for life.

A generic for androgel is not too far away. I've used androgel and it worked great. I just hated taking it out of town all the time, I would always forget it so I switched to cypionate. But yes its extremely overpriced.

Ya the gel is around $ 450 to $ 550 per month where as 1 Bottle of Watson Test Cyp 10ml @ 200/ml is at the MOST $ 130 and will last 2-3 months depending on your dosage. You don't need an economics to degree to figure out which is the better option....especially with a $1400 deductible. Not to mention, the injections are superior in terms of producing results.

Exactly. The thing is that a lot of doctors get kickbacks from the companies that produce the gels, so that's why they push them so hard. There's no fucking way I'd go for that shit. Overpriced and not even remotely as good as injections

Just tell the doc $1400 for the gel isn't an option financially right now. As the others said tell him you did some research online and a 10 ml of 200 mg cyp would be no more than $130 out of pocket. Make it about finances and not about getting an injection. Testosterone is testosterone be it cream gel or inject. If the doc is willing to prescribe gel there is obviously a medical need so there should be no issue if u tell him you can't afford the gel right now. Plus you will have better/ more consistent levels that way

Just tell the doc $1400 for the gel isn't an option financially right now. As the others said tell him you did some research online and a 10 ml of 200 mg cyp would be no more than $130 out of pocket. Make it about finances and not about getting an injection. Testosterone is testosterone be it cream gel or inject. If the doc is willing to prescribe gel there is obviously a medical need so there should be no issue if u tell him you can't afford the gel right now. Plus you will have better/ more consistent levels that way

Exactly! Tell him you really just want your health back and you cant afford gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another reason I didn't want gel or cream is because it can be transferred person to person and I got two Lil kids. I told my doc I didn't want my daughter growing a beard because they crawl in bed at night and he laughed and was fine changing to injections. If you don't have kids tell him u don't wanna transfer to your wife/ girlfriend.

Yeah that's where I'm heading with all this, that is too much money for the same thing just in a different form. Just weird they really won't even mention it as an option, so now I'm going to have to ultimatum them I guess with what I can afford, and doing the math on a normal trt dose that $130 would last me about 3 months, so roughly $520 a year for CYP vs $2,500 for Gel.
Need to get all my eggs in a basket and call them Monday and get this taken care of. Hammered here at work today.

Yeah that's where I'm heading with all this, that is too much money for the same thing just in a different form. Just weird they really won't even mention it as an option, so now I'm going to have to ultimatum them I guess with what I can afford, and doing the math on a normal trt dose that $130 would last me about 3 months, so roughly $520 a year for CYP vs $2,500 for Gel.
Need to get all my eggs in a basket and call them Monday and get this taken care of. Hammered here at work today.

Another thing to consider...I remember you saying you get/or used to be prone to back acne, well the gel is notorious for causing a rash/acne due to the alcohol used as a carrier. It is sight specific as in if you rub it on your shoulder, you will develop a rash/acne there. The alcohol causes irritation to the skin. I am not prone to acne and it gave me acne. As soon as I switched to Injections, acne went away. FYI

Nice, yeah this one was to put under your arm pit which just seemed weird through your deodorant, Axiron is the name I think. I have had acne so that's definitely a concern. Thanks

Ughhh, I got authorized but it's the beginning of the year!! 1,400 deductible! Oh well eating 3 months worth OOP. I did find some coupons online though, we'll see if they work to soften the blow over a longer period of time.
Sometimes if you complain you cant use it because its too expensive the doctor will opt for a cheaper alternative i.e. test cyp

Talked to pharmacist Saturday and price cost is just insane between Cyp and Gel.
I told the Dr. that this morning and that I just can't afford $560.00 a month even with coupon they offered ($485.00 ) compared to roughly $50.00 and he said he'll switch. I go on Wednesday to get shown how to do everything.

Talked to pharmacist Saturday and price cost is just insane between Cyp and Gel.
I told the Dr. that this morning and that I just can't afford $560.00 a month even with coupon they offered ($485.00 ) compared to roughly $50.00 and he said he'll switch. I go on Wednesday to get shown how to do everything.

Joe is loosing his virginity Wednesday! I'm in to follow...

Joe is loosing his virginity Wednesday! I'm in to follow...

Hahaha see what happens, it's weird I didn't think anything of sticking a needle in mysellf until it just became real. lol A little nervous but I shouldn't have any problems just worried about hitting something I shouldn't.

Hahaha see what happens, it's weird I didn't think anything of sticking a needle in mysellf until it just became real. lol A little nervous but I shouldn't have any problems just worried about hitting something I shouldn't.

they will probably give you a 21G x 1.5" and have you pin your quad
OVERKILL

25-27G X 5/8 to 1" is more like it..the less body fat you carry..the shorter needle you can use
try different spots for your pin...delts are super easy ...gluts work well for many....quads can be a bit hit or miss..lots of nerves there if you don't pin in the correct spots

spotinjections.com has a great guide

good luck!

Man ure gonna be sweatin like a virgin on prom night before that first pin. After that youll be a pin whore like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Buen, definitely will look into the shorter/ thinner needles. Not much fat in quads was thinking of those for ease. But yeah would be nice to switch it up, have decent delts so that should be good too.

Thanks Buen, definitely will look into the shorter/ thinner needles. Not much fat in quads was thinking of those for ease. But yeah would be nice to switch it up, have decent delts so that should be good too.

check out spotinjections.com for the correct placement in the quads...most Dr's just have you pin directly into the top center of the quad..its a less than ideal spot

check out spotinjections.com for the correct placement in the quads...most Dr's just have you pin directly into the top center of the quad..its a less than ideal spot

Thank you I will definitely check that out asap!

Top Bottom