napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Blood donation scam

theoldcountry

About 8-10 yrs ago my TRT Dr told me he'd write me a script for a therapeutic phlebotomy in case I needed to donate more than the standard every 56 day wait between donations. I just received a letter from the donation center advising that starting March 1 anyone with a therapeutic phlebotomy will have to pay $100 per donation! And they don't take insurance. Their excuse is they need to recoup money for bags, lines, etc.

Anyone else run into this BS? I just called my Urologist and he's going to write a letter stating I'm no longer on a therapeutic phlebotomy and can donate as a standard donation. I feel for people who need it therapeutically, but who can afford to pay $100 a pop? I'd bet many people won't go and then run into some health issues down the road.

Never had that happen to me but if you want to try and do it without the prescription just go to several diff blood donation centers if you need to donate more frequently. They don’t share info so they won’t know you donated some place else

Go on one blood website and find a place to donate I do it myself
what's cool is now they tell you where your blood goes, what hospital or what clinic and that's really cool to see that you are saving someone's life who really needs your blood

Go on one blood website and find a place to donate I do it myself
what's cool is now they tell you where your blood goes, what hospital or what clinic and that's really cool to see that you are saving someone's life who really needs your blood
Dude, It's "One Blood" who sent the letter!

Redcross has a free app you can track your donations and set up same day appointments really quick and easy

That is pretty shady !
And what makes it really shady is they are only charging the people on therapeutic phlebotomy's; not the overwhelming amount of their clients who are walk in blood donors. The reason, of course, is the walk in blood donors can say "go f*&% yourself I won't donate then." They aren't going to pay $100 a donation. So, they go after people on the therapeutic phlebotomy because those folks are probably ordered by their Dr to donate due to health reasons. They don't have a choice.

That's some really garbage stuff right there. Meanwhile, they are constantly campaigning for people to donate due to blood shortage and call it an emergency. These blood donation centers can still use someone's blood who are under a therapeutic phlebotomy.

This is nothing more than a shady and disreputable way to coerce money from people on a therapeutic phlebotomy.

Top Bottom