napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

When you don't have time for solid foods

Taxed77

I'm on the run almost 10-12 hours non stop during the work day. I only get a short time to sit and eat at lunch for 15 minutes at the most. I know i get filled up just from taking in fluids keeping hydrated.

My thing is can i drink shakes to offset what i can't get from not eating thru the day, and maintain calories ect ect and still gain in the end?

Any advice is welcomed

what do you mean by on the run?

I am a foreman for a electrical company. I don't get time to sit and actually have a meal. I constantly am moving from different parts of the site to the other. There are times i don't get a chance to eat at all, but take parts of my food during my rounds and eat what i can

Ok I understand better now.
Is there a way you can wear a fanny pack, I know it's strange but you could have it loaded with nuts/protein/bars/granola.

2vajtpk.jpg

Man i never thought about a fanny pack. I feel where taxed is coming from. Im a delivery driver and usually running around for 12 hrs a day. I have a lunch box but sometimes its tuff to actually stop and warm food up. So im a definitely look into a fanny pack. Thanks Montgomery

rickrod18 (Enrique)

Man i never thought about a fanny pack. I feel where taxed is coming from. Im a delivery driver and usually running around for 12 hrs a day. I have a lunch box but sometimes its tuff to actually stop and warm food up. So im a definitely look into a fanny pack. Thanks Montgomery

rickrod18 (Enrique)

Right on…you can add beef/turkey jerky …even veggies will keep for the first 2-3 hours of the day and be fine to eat.

Is there a way you can wear a fanny pack, I know it's strange but you could have it loaded with nuts/protein/bars/granola.

2vajtpk.jpg

LMAO, even the guy in this photo is having a hard time keeping a straight face. I can just hear it at the photo shoot, " Here, put this on. Try to act tough and serious for the camera while you wear the fanny pack."

My wife gets after me when i dont eat my lunch. I tell her sometimes cant stop. With the idea of a fanny pack now maybe i can redirect some grocery money towards healthy snacks. Im a hit up my local flea market to see if i find one.

rickrod18 (Enrique)

LMAO, even the guy in this photo is having a hard time keeping a straight face. I can just hear it at the photo shoot, " Here, put this on. Try to act tough and serious for the camera while you wear the fanny pack."

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he can pack up his hamstrings and put them in that bag……;)

I'm on the run almost 10-12 hours non stop during the work day. I only get a short time to sit and eat at lunch for 15 minutes at the most. I know i get filled up just from taking in fluids keeping hydrated.

My thing is can i drink shakes to offset what i can't get from not eating thru the day, and maintain calories ect ect and still gain in the end?

Any advice is welcomed

At the end of the day, total calories in will matter most. Secondly, will be where those calories came from. Yes, you can drink shakes, but 2 scoops of protein isn't going to replace a meal. You would need more calories in it....are you using a shaker? Fruit and peanut butter would be great to add to your shakes if possible, but it sounds like you are in the field and a blender may not be possible. In that case, spend some time on the weekend and make some homemade protein/meal replacement bars. They are mobile and can be eaten on the go. Depending on what you put in them, they can be quite calorie dense. Hit me up and I can send you some good links if interested.

I do eat peanuts during the day. But those home made bars do sound very interesting.

Even being a electrician is not often i get access to any type of food making/ heating on site. But seriously, I'm liking the bar idea

I do eat peanuts during the day. But those home made bars do sound very interesting.

Even being a electrician is not often i get access to any type of food making/ heating on site. But seriously, I'm liking the bar idea
I've made protein nobakes.

2 cups quick oats
1/8 - 1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
1/8 cup of sugar free maple syrup
Teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cocoa
1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts

Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup in a sauce pan, once melted add all other ingredients in pan. Scoop out onto wax paper and let cool.
I don't know macro break down though lol. They were good. And you can make them as small or as big as you like.

2vajtpk.jpg
This is great , LMAO. Monty do you have a computer catalogue for gag pics, this one just made me spit out my lunch.
All you need is a guy standing in front of me anywhere looking like that pic, pull out a banana or a gogurt & I would absolutely lose it. As far as the thread goes, I would have a 4 packs of 32G protein muscle milks & 3,4 quest bars if really on the run that's over 100 G +++ of protein, good & satisfied. But the fag bag, not me!!!

Peanuts are good, but to many and all that fat adds up quick. The homemade protein bars offer a good mixture of protein, carbs and fat. Plus, they are much healthier than prepackaged / store bought bars.

I've made protein nobakes.

2 cups quick oats
1/8 - 1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
1/8 cup of sugar free maple syrup
Teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cocoa
1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts

Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup in a sauce pan, once melted add all other ingredients in pan. Scoop out onto wax paper and let cool.
I don't know macro break down though lol. They were good. And you can make them as small or as big as you like.

These sound delicious. Homemade bars are a bit time consuming at first, but like anything, the more you make them the easier it becomes.

Peanuts are good, but to many and all that fat adds up quick. The homemade protein bars offer a good mixture of protein, carbs and fat. Plus, they are much healthier than prepackaged / store bought bars.
So true, that's why I need to find some of that powder peanut shit.

Top Bottom