napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Shoulders

Sweetjones

What's some good exercises to grow shoulders and get that cannon ball look. I've been doin a finisher set at the end of every workout of side laterals two sets burnouts and some rear delts 2 sets burnout. Is this a good idea or just stick to shoulders 1 or 2 times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it's my opinion that you can't neglect heavy over head shoulder presses when needing to put mass on your delts. Then, later on I will do some front and lateral raises, focusing on the eccentric part of the lift and usually step down my weight until burnout with like 5 or 10lb dumb bells. I do front and mid delts on my push days and blast my rear delts on pull days. I really like to start my push day with as heavy of shoulder presses as possible. Then progress to chest and delts.

Regardless, you need to give these muscle groups time to properly repair and recover. You can't cheat that fact.

Man it's my opinion that you can't neglect heavy over head shoulder presses when needing to put mass on your delts. Then, later on I will do some front and lateral raises, focusing on the eccentric part of the lift and usually step down my weight until burnout with like 5 or 10lb dumb bells. I do front and mid delts on my push days and blast my rear delts on pull days. I really like to start my push day with as heavy of shoulder presses as possible. Then progress to chest and delts.

Regardless, you need to give these muscle groups time to properly repair and recover. You can't cheat that fact.

That's true man. Gotta rest them up. I always go extra heavy on shoulder day and usually hit them with 5 different exercises. It's just a goal of mine to have massive shoulders

Yeah, my delts grow slowly but steadily. It's a process. I enjoy certain rows for my rear delts. But my favorite day is when I can get a partner with me in the gym to lift max weight for low rep on shoulder presses. I really enjoy the challenge and burn of the over head press.

I also enjoy burning out on a bench at a smith machine sitting facing parellel to the bar and doing one armed over head press with moderate weight and immediately hitting the opposite side back and forth no rest. It really recruits for me every bit of muscle fiber in my delt and by the end of my 3rd set they're on fire, full and just about spent.

Yeah, my delts grow slowly but steadily. It's a process. I enjoy certain rows for my rear delts. But my favorite day is when I can get a partner with me in the gym to lift max weight for low rep on shoulder presses. I really enjoy the challenge and burn of the over head press.

I also enjoy burning out on a bench at a smith machine sitting facing parellel to the bar and doing one armed over head press with moderate weight and immediately hitting the opposite side back and forth no rest. It really recruits for me every bit of muscle fiber in my delt and by the end of my 3rd set they're on fire, full and just about spent.

Hell yeah im gonna have to try that smith machine approach. I bet that does burn real good. Thanks man

When I wanted to bring up my delts and even to this day I train them everyday I workout. Front, side and rear laterals... 5-7 sets each every time I train. Days I actually have shoulders on the rotation involve additional exercises. My delts are decent if you've seen one of my videos.

When I wanted to bring up my delts and even to this day I train them everyday I workout. Front, side and rear laterals... 5-7 sets each every time I train. Days I actually have shoulders on the rotation involve additional exercises. My delts are decent if you've seen one of my videos.

Hell yes I have. I would love to have delts like yours, although your 30" arms make them look smaller than they are. I know with lower body fat they will show more as well so I'll just keep at it and constantly switch up my routines

I'll have to save this for a shoulders only day. I've been supersetting for a while now with cardio before to keep dropping weight. But that's definitely a good shoulder day routine, thanks man!

anytime brother!

Hell yeah im gonna have to try that smith machine approach. I bet that does burn real good. Thanks man

Smith machine for shoulder presses are AMAZING. I use it for incline and decline presses for chest too, the squeeze I can get is unmatched.

Smith machine for shoulder presses are AMAZING. I use it for incline and decline presses for chest too, the squeeze I can get is unmatched.

I do the same on my heavy days because I don't have a partner to train with but never thought about the shoulder presses. Def gonna try it out

In my opinion you just can't beat heavy presses, both bb and DB and maybe some heavy upright rows. Those are the bread and butter for big shoulders in my opinion and will give you the big traps and the big delts. Lateral raises are good for isolation work, but those aren't the big builders

In my opinion you just can't beat heavy presses, both bb and DB and maybe some heavy upright rows. Those are the bread and butter for big shoulders in my opinion and will give you the big traps and the big delts. Lateral raises are good for isolation work, but those aren't the big builders

I've been goin about it all wrong. I thought laterals were better for your shoulder development but I'm glad I asked because all you guys have said presses. So that's my focus now

I've been goin about it all wrong. I thought laterals were better for your shoulder development but I'm glad I asked because all you guys have said presses. So that's my focus now

Just focus on the presses AND laterals all around. Give it 6 months and you'll see a difference. Volume is key imo. AAS don't hurt either lol.

Hey guys, I'll give you my two cents on this. No matter the exercise it's my opinion that contraction and stretch is what you are looking for to enable maximum stimulation. Some exercises are more comfortable than others. Some movements for one reason or another target your concerned muscle areas and others don't. Also if Iam working out my shoulders on any particular exercise I pay attention how my shoulders feel and ask myself if they feel like they are the muscle being used and stressed the most. Anyways amounts of weight never concerned me in bodybuilding on the most part but that contraction was always what I was aiming for. Since also having a background in powerlifting and with that shoulder injuries I've had to change up my routine accordingly. So remember to get as much blood in surrounding area of muscle being targeted to ensure you protect your body and investment.

Hey guys, I'll give you my two cents on this. No matter the exercise it's my opinion that contraction and stretch is what you are looking for to enable maximum stimulation. Some exercises are more comfortable than others. Some movements for one reason or another target your concerned muscle areas and others don't. Also if Iam working out my shoulders on any particular exercise I pay attention how my shoulders feel and ask myself if they feel like they are the muscle being used and stressed the most. Anyways amounts of weight never concerned me in bodybuilding on the most part but that contraction was always what I was aiming for. Since also having a background in powerlifting and with that shoulder injuries I've had to change up my routine accordingly. So remember to get as much blood in surrounding area of muscle being targeted to ensure you protect your body and investment.

I just watched a Seth feroce video about the blood into that muscle and the dif angles to hit he same one also. So makes sense. All are valid points on this thread and ultimately have to find what works best for my body

I don't know your stats, but I'll say this always use a weight that you can handle, BUT are challenged by. I superset a lot of shit with shoulders and delts so I end up gassed after every set, rests are minimal, tempo is challenging and the weight is one I can use but taps my energy after each set. I always do side latersal, forwards and then rear right after one another and thats one set. Shits is taxing af.

That gym Dylan is at makes me fuckin drool.

I know right, and I've been looking at everyone's shoulder routines. Pros and all trying to see some new and different variations to have a go at for the next 6 months for results but I'll add yours to the list as well. Or how about you make some training videos man that would be an awesome addition to your YouTube channel

Top Bottom