napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Powerlifting/Strongman Thread

I'm not a powerlifter or bodybuilder. Just a trt guy with his diet and training in check, enjoying the occasional blast. I like to take from both worlds, so I seriously look forward to the development of this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Happy to have you...

So what is everyone's take of floor presses, chains, and bands for improving the raw bench? Do you think they only benefit geared lifters or do you see a place for them in raw competition?

So what is everyone's take of floor presses, chains, and bands for improving the raw bench? Do you think they only benefit geared lifters or do you see a place for them in raw competition?

One of my closest friends is a competitive powerlifter, and he is a strong believer in them. He's always using bands, chains, and the slingshot for his bench. However, he is a geared lifter. Not sure about raw lifters

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

One of my closest friends is a competitive powerlifter, and he is a strong believer in them. He's always using bands, chains, and the slingshot for his bench. However, he is a geared lifter. Not sure about raw lifters

I am a raw lifter and I have been using chains for the last six months...I have seen some major jumps in my bench

Powerlifter here, albeit very average one. My opinion on Chains and bands is they have a place but don't rely to much on them as a Raw lifter. Variations as accessories of the main movement is great IMO but remember the bread butter is Bench, Squat and Deadlfits.

Powerlifter here, albeit very average one. My opinion on Chains and bands is they have a place but don't rely to much on them as a Raw lifter. Variations as accessories of the main movement is great IMO but remember the bread butter is Bench, Squat and Deadlfits.
Man..you hit the nail on the head IMO...variations of the 3 main exercises are key to progression...

Obviously, PLs and strongman traditionally have more fat than BBS...it is also obvious that they are on a ton of gear...I know on most BB boards there is a strong feeling that no AAS use should be attempted until you are around 15% bodyfat. ..I have been on gear for years....was NEVER under 15% bodyfat in my life...bloods are always pretty good...thoughts?

Obviously, PLs and strongman traditionally have more fat than BBS...it is also obvious that they are on a ton of gear...I know on most BB boards there is a strong feeling that no AAS use should be attempted until you are around 15% bodyfat. ..I have been on gear for years....was NEVER under 15% bodyfat in my life...bloods are always pretty good...thoughts?

I disagree with the BB community on this big time. In fact I think BB have very unhealthy lifestyles in general, let me regress and say BB who compete and get way too lean. obviously there is outliers in both directions. Healthiest BF range IMO 12 TO 20%. I don't see gear use in the 15 to 20% range reckless at all. Obviously the heavier you are the more you need to watch the blood pressure. BF% is one of the markers of health but I also don't think its top 3.

I disagree with the BB community on this big time. In fact I think BB have very unhealthy lifestyles in general, let me regress and say BB who compete and get way too lean. obviously there is outliers in both directions. Healthiest BF range IMO 12 TO 20%. I don't see gear use in the 15 to 20% range reckless at all. Obviously the heavier you are the more you need to watch the blood pressure. BF% is one of the markers of health but I also don't think its top 3.
OMG....perfectly said....feel exactly the same way...The BP and other high e2 effects are the concern in the 20% range but they can be controlled very effectively.....alot of world record breaking PLs are out living their BB counterparts...All be it, they live in constant pain lol

I also believe that competitive bbs probably take a lot of other drugs to cut down and get shredded for shows. In the long road I believe that a Pl may have bone and joint issues but not as much heart liver and kidney issues unless did a ton of gear.

I'm kinda between these two world's. Decently strong but not enough for powerlifting. Decent shape but not lean or physical look of bb. Average guy statues works for me hahaha.

I also believe that competitive bbs probably take a lot of other drugs to cut down and get shredded for shows. In the long road I believe that a Pl may have bone and joint issues but not as much heart liver and kidney issues unless did a ton of gear.

I'm kinda between these two world's. Decently strong but not enough for powerlifting. Decent shape but not lean or physical look of bb. Average guy statues works for me hahaha.
It's give and take man....IMO it's about doing things intelligently and paying attention to the science but not getting wrapped around it...it's not always accurate for everyone

I think that every PL either should run a dose of Decca or EQ for joint relief while on cycle and run MK year round if possible. The main problem with PL is joint issues.

I think that every PL either should run a dose of Decca or EQ for joint relief while on cycle and run MK year round if possible. The main problem with PL is joint issues.
I have run EQ...never Deca...but come to think of it...my joints and tendons sid feel better on that EQ cycle...I liked the appetite I had but I never ran it again....I felt stim sides that whole cycle...it could have been in my head but didn't like how I felt and Figured the ROI wasn't theremm.maybe I should re - visit it.

Deca has given me slight hunger sides but has actually helped counter the tren hunger loss. No other noticed bad sides.

So what ab exercises do all the PLs use to strengthen the core...I am a huge fan of suitcase holds, farmer walks, and cable pull downs/crunches but these are getting old...not making much progress any more...any thoughts?

So what ab exercises do all the PLs use to strengthen the core...I am a huge fan of suitcase holds, farmer walks, and cable pull downs/crunches but these are getting old...not making much progress any more...any thoughts?

Generally I do heavy cable crunches and then on like volume days for squats I don't use a belt and my core is generally on fire after my workout. What program do you guys run or are you on your own program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally I do heavy cable crunches and then on like volume days for squats I don't use a belt and my core is generally on fire after my workout. What program do you guys run or are you on your own program?

Yea...forgot to mention that one...no belt on squat and deadlift volumes days....good point...that tears the abs up

I try to go without the belt on most sets of deadlifts and squats, but my heavier sets I have to use the belt. My back won't let me go without it. It took me a long time getting my back right to be able to go heavier, and now I have to protect it with those heavier lifts or I pay for it. Another reason is I train for aesthetics and bodybuilding so I try to keep a tighter waist without thickening my core too much. I know this thread is for powerlifters, but just giving my own reasoning for it

However I will agree that those heavy compound lifts are great for core strengthening. Probably better than anything to be honest

I don't feel the need to do any core exercises as I feel most of PL movements are strengthening our core massively anyways. As long as you have your abdominal wall tight they'll get worked well in those lifts. I have sometimes done farmer walks though.

Top Bottom