napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Powerlifting/Strongman Thread

You have a monster pull bro ! Have you got any tips for me to get mine moving again?
I recently added deficit pulls to my training.
Thanks man...well most people think I am crazy but I used 2 main techniques to improve my DL. ..The first technique is pretty standard. .. I ran max effort singles to get a that days max and then start my sets at 80% of that max for 10, then 8, then failure to max again. I did this twice a week. the second technique is what people say is crazy. I would drop set from max without stopping until I reached 135 lbs on the bar. I did this once every 5 deadlift workouts...not sure if it will work for you but it helped me....be careful of those drop sets so you don't injure yourself.

Nice post tatman. I also enjoy powerlifting. Nothing at all against BBing. But the gym in more fun for me chasing bigger numbers. The you tube seems to be blowing up with Raw Power right now. I also watch Rubish.
And the lilliebridge family is unreal also.
Sweet!!!! Happy to have another PL on the board....as you said, nothing against BB...that takes dedication and they are amazing athletes...it just isn't what turns me on. I live for that beast mode feeling you get from throwing around that heavy weight...The raw power is motivating

Thanks man...well most people think I am crazy but I used 2 main techniques to improve my DL. ..The first technique is pretty standard. .. I ran max effort singles to get a that days max and then start my sets at 80% of that max for 10, then 8, then failure to max again. I did this twice a week. the second technique is what people say is crazy. I would drop set from max without stopping until I reached 135 lbs on the bar. I did this once every 5 deadlift workouts...not sure if it will work for you but it helped me....be careful of those drop sets so you don't injure yourself.

My back and legs just ache about thinking of doing a drop set all the way down to 135 and I am not even at the amount of plates you are at. I'm assuming you take a plate off each time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I'll try both tips. The drop set would work well for me. there is usually two - four of us pulling.
So when you do reps of 10s and 8s are you getting a small bounce or a complete stop and regrip after each rep ?

Thanks for that. I'll try both tips. The drop set would work well for me. there is usually two - four of us pulling.
So when you do reps of 10s and 8s are you getting a small bounce or a complete stop and regrip after each rep ?
Bouncing it baby!!!! The only way to roll

My back and legs just ache about thinking of doing a drop set all the way down to 135 and I am not even at the amount of plates you are at. I'm assuming you take a plate off each time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup...1 at a time....believe me...you CANT do it often...you wouldn't be able to walk for awhile...but in moderation the results are exceptional

I'll check him out. You all should check out you tube" backyard meet on the century.
And look for the Deadlift warmup post ! Awesome show

So Pete rubish recently came out talking about the crazy amount of gear he was taking for over 2 years straight! He has sworn off the heavy stuff. Says he's gonna remain on a TRT dose but that's it.

So Pete rubish recently came out talking about the crazy amount of gear he was taking for over 2 years straight! He has sworn off the heavy stuff. Says he's gonna remain on a TRT dose but that's it.
Yeah...I heard something about that...didn't see the full story

I asked this question a while back and got some mixed answers but had no experienced powerlifters to ask at the time. I'll ask you guys again.
What would be the best gear to run prior to a meet to get a quick / added strength gain ?
I recently did my 1st meet and ran Prop and Dbol for 6 weeks. It kicked in pretty quick. I pushed hard and my lifts went up consistently. You guys have any favorite compounds for this?

Last edited:
I asked this question a while back and got some mixed answers but had no experienced powerlifters to ask at the time. I'll ask you guys again.
What would be the best gear to run prior to a meet to get a quick / added strength gain ?
I recently did my 1st meet and ran Prop and Dbol for 6 weeks. It kicked in pretty quick. I pushed hard and my lifts went up consistently. You guys have any favorite compounds for this?
I know halotestin is pretty popular before meets, because it's insane for strength and it kicks in quick. However it's one of the harshest oral compounds you can possibly use

Oh man Rick, the guy peter rubish I mentioned talks about doing Halo on meet day! It sounds like straight nasty shit!
And it makes you mean as hell too ! Don't think I'll be trying that stuff.

I've been doing crossfit for the past year and I have taken a liking to oly lifting. After searching I have a coach that coaches the team usa Olympic lifters in my back yard basically so I'm about to get on his programming next month.

Hang clean 225
Power clean 250
Split Jerk 270
Back squat 365
Front squat 295
Dead lift 435

Weight 230 I have about 20 lbs of fat I need to trim off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom