napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Powerlifting/Strongman Thread

Haha ! Nice !
I'm not a powerlifter or bodybuilder. Just a trt guy with his diet and training in check, enjoying the occasional blast. I like to take from both worlds, so I seriously look forward to the development of this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good deal WB. I am enjoying it myself. And the discussion topics are endless. From training ideas to cycles.
Thanks Tatman for opening !

I asked this question a while back and got some mixed answers but had no experienced powerlifters to ask at the time. I'll ask you guys again.
What would be the best gear to run prior to a meet to get a quick / added strength gain ?
I recently did my 1st meet and ran Prop and Dbol for 6 weeks. It kicked in pretty quick. I pushed hard and my lifts went up consistently. You guys have any favorite compounds for this?
Do you worry about tearing ligaments and tendons from using gear and getting stronger quicker than what your ligaments and tendons can keep up with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Do you worry about tearing ligaments and tendons from using gear and getting stronger quicker than what your ligaments and tendons can keep up with

Good point. I was not worried about tears. I feel like I had a real strong base to work with and I was just looking to get a few extra lbs on my lifts.

Good point. I was not worried about tears. I feel like I had a real strong base to work with and I was just looking to get a few extra lbs on my lifts.
Just curious. I have a few friends who when on gear hold back and train at 78-92% of their 1RM for the 1st half of their cycle to give the connective tissue a little time to catch up. They run test/deca/tren/halo pretty heavy

Just curious. I have a few friends who when on gear hold back and train at 78-92% of their 1RM for the 1st half of their cycle to give the connective tissue a little time to catch up. They run test/deca/tren/halo pretty heavy

Damn! Tren & Halo? That's way too hardcore for me. I'm just having fun with this. Not willing to take those kind of risks.
I had a hard time recovering from my last Tren cycle. Not going near that stuff again.

Damn! Tren & Halo? That's way too hardcore for me. I'm just having fun with this. Not willing to take those kind of risks.
I had a hard time recovering from my last Tren cycle. Not going near that stuff again.
Maybe not in the same exact cycle but I no they get a little reckless

Damn I really wish my gym had one of those. I can see where that would be extremely beneficial to me.
I've never even seen one in person. No gym around me has one. They do look pretty neat and would be cool to incorporate them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Oh man Rick, the guy peter rubish I mentioned talks about doing Halo on meet day! It sounds like straight nasty shit!
And it makes you mean as hell too ! Don't think I'll be trying that stuff.

Haha ya man, there's a lot of truth to that. Supposedly it's what Tyson was on when he bit off Holyfields ear!! That would explain a lot!

Last summer I ran Tren and Halo together. I did get pretty strong on it, but yes it's pretty harsh. And if you have problems with aggression it may not be the right combo for you haha. I really don't get aggressive on anything any more than normal, so it didn't affect me in that aspect

Last summer I ran Tren and Halo together. I did get pretty strong on it, but yes it's pretty harsh. And if you have problems with aggression it may not be the right combo for you haha. I really don't get aggressive on anything any more than normal, so it didn't affect me in that aspect
I'm with you Rick. I have no aggression issues. Maybe in my younger years, but not now.
I've ran several cycles of test ant Tren. And even that just made me so f-ckin horny I couldn't stand it.

Yup...no way in hell I am on Tren and halo at the same time....I react very well to both so combining those would likely kill me or I would kill someone

I asked this question a while back and got some mixed answers but had no experienced powerlifters to ask at the time. I'll ask you guys again.
What would be the best gear to run prior to a meet to get a quick / added strength gain ?
I recently did my 1st meet and ran Prop and Dbol for 6 weeks. It kicked in pretty quick. I pushed hard and my lifts went up consistently. You guys have any favorite compounds for this?
I am old school. ...50mg of DBol on meet day...it's all I ever needed

I've been doing crossfit for the past year and I have taken a liking to oly lifting. After searching I have a coach that coaches the team usa Olympic lifters in my back yard basically so I'm about to get on his programming next month.

Hang clean 225
Power clean 250
Split Jerk 270
Back squat 365
Front squat 295
Dead lift 435

Weight 230 I have about 20 lbs of fat I need to trim off

Fantastic man....start a log so we can watch your progess

Top Bottom