napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Powerlifting/Strongman Thread

That's how I feel. Nothing against people who compete in raw. Just doesn't feel like I've accomplished anything doing it geared. Thank you! Im 21 years old [emoji28] I'm a young buck haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At 21...you have no where to go but up...considering your current lifts and weight, you are on your way to being a beast...it all depends on how you train man.

My squat sucks ass in my opinion, but my bench is over 2 times body weight and my deadlift is close to 3 times body weight.

My squat sucks ass in my opinion, but my bench is over 2 times body weight and my deadlift is close to 3 times body weight.
Then you are killing it man...those are some good stats....I have met several BBs that are strong as hell and it is always impressive to see that kind of strength and the physique to match

I bodybuild. I do like to test myself from time to time to keep my functional strength up but I don't train for it at all

I'm in the same boat. I don't lift for PR often but I mess around here and there.
I could round up a 1500 no problem. Havnt gone much above that.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Squat is the main bitch for me too. Even with sleeves. My knees just won't support much above 500. Lower back is usually ok as long as it's cooperating that day.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

at least you guys can squat period... the second a barbell goes on my back, its out of place... i don't even attempt it... i know whats coming... i have to consolidate with walking lunges... even front squats cause my back issue with the bar in front... i don't even mess with it... there's a lot of other movements there though

at least you guys can squat period... the second a barbell goes on my back, its out of place... i don't even attempt it... i know whats coming... i have to consolidate with walking lunges... even front squats cause my back issue with the bar in front... i don't even mess with it... there's a lot of other movements there though

Back problems suck for sure. Between my back and neck I'm screwed lol.

GT....I saw your video...at your weight, that's impressive. ...especially considering your neck, and back issues

GT....I saw your video...at your weight, that's impressive. ...especially considering your neck, and back issues

Thanks brother. All the complements help me keep pushing to get even better. I just can't do certain exercises anymore until I get the discs fixed someday.

I have difficulty squatting at meets because I am unable to grab the bar behind my back....physically can't do it....it takes a lot of work to get it done...When I am training I use a yoke bar

Who's your guy's favorite powerlifters that you look up to? The people that got me into doing powerlifting training were Pete rubish and Johnny Candito.

Yup...it sucks

I used to have some pretty bad issues with my left shoulder, I couldn't do any kind of fly for a long time. I did some mobility work for my shoulders and it worked wonders. I don't know what your shoulder issue is so maybe nothing can be done. I came across this video the other week by Alan Thrall and what he showed was similar to what I did to fix my shoulder. His video was even more in depth if anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg

I somewhat used to be there myself. It's taken years for me to get my back right between chiropractor visits and slowly building it up to handle weights. I can now finally just within the last year deadliift and squat without pain. I know your situation is different and quite worse though, to,I got away those movements as options

I used to have some pretty bad issues with my left shoulder, I couldn't do any kind of fly for a long time. I did some mobility work for my shoulders and it worked wonders. I don't know what your shoulder issue is so maybe nothing can be done. I came across this video the other week by Alan Thrall and what he showed was similar to what I did to fix my shoulder. His video was even more in depth if anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
Wow...nice post..I will try some of this and see if it helps...I had a mobility guy rat I worked with last year for 6 months or so and he just finally gave up because I simply wasn't making progress....but he was relatively new to the craft and not sure he was equipped to deal with my issues...it's time to try again

Nice post tatman. I also enjoy powerlifting. Nothing at all against BBing. But the gym in more fun for me chasing bigger numbers. The you tube seems to be blowing up with Raw Power right now. I also watch Rubish.
And the lilliebridge family is unreal also.

My home gym does not. But a small power gym I sometimes visit has one. Those guys swear by it to decompress after heavy squats.

You have a monster pull bro ! Have you got any tips for me to get mine moving again?
I recently added deficit pulls to my training.

Top Bottom