napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Healthy eating in a hurry

C

cbbram00

I don't usually work Sunday but I am today and I didn't have anything prepped. So instead of eating junk at work I put on my thinking cap...

I looked in my freezer...

Frozen cous cous, quinoa, and broccoli
Whey Protein shake...
Banana (not pictured)

Decent meal in a jiffy!
3e29ab2e2d1c2cf7b3b5a4635281fb57.jpg

Yes, indeed. A lot of guys harp on protein powder and swear by whole foods only. I truly believe protein powder (quality protein powder) has its place in a diet. I get quite a bit of my protein from powder due to its convenience and the fact that I can't sit down to a meal X amount of times a day.

Yes, indeed. A lot of guys harp on protein powder and swear by whole foods only. I truly believe protein powder (quality protein powder) has its place in a diet. I get quite a bit of my protein from powder due to its convenience and the fact that I can't sit down to a meal X amount of times a day.
I agree whole foods are better but powder has it's place and can definitely be useful such as today.

Completely agree. I think nutrient timing is overplayed as well.

I don't usually work Sunday but I am today and I didn't have anything prepped. So instead of eating junk at work I put on my thinking cap...

I looked in my freezer...

Frozen cous cous, quinoa, and broccoli
Whey Protein shake...
Banana (not pictured)

Decent meal in a jiffy!
3e29ab2e2d1c2cf7b3b5a4635281fb57.jpg

Nothing wrong with that at all bro. I've done something similar at times before when I was out of prepped meals and needed something on a weekend. It always works and fits the bill for me when needed. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

Looks awesome I agree with TD people wanna bitch on powder all day but when it comes down to it if your in a pinch it's the best thing you can go for really.
I also am.all about mostly whole foods only but fact is protein is the most effective nutrient to prevent catabolism. If that means you turn to whey once in a while so be it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I drink 1-2 shakes a day. Sometimes im lazy or like you not prepared and you do what you have to do. Not a bad meal. Healthy carbs and protein

2 cans/pack of tuna hard boiled eggs always fairly easy to rip it open add some mustard and eat right outta the pack that's what I do on the road with some fruit and maybe some low sodium veggie chips or veggie straws.

2 cans/pack of tuna hard boiled eggs always fairly easy to rip it open add some mustard and eat right outta the pack that's what I do on the road with some fruit and maybe some low sodium veggie chips or veggie straws.
Great advice brother! Always looking for good ideas when on the go!

I love the little buckets of red grapefruit from Dole they are convenient and good as well they are like 80 cents a bucket 1 serving I believe

I don't see an issue here and there. I do a shake a day. Have y'all seen how many "meals" Lobliner has that consists of solely supps?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see an issue here and there. I do a shake a day. Have y'all seen how many "meals" Lobliner has that consists of solely supps?!?

He did a video on this. After his hernia surgery his appetite hasn't been there. It's harder for him to pack in the macros he needs via whole foods. Plus he's always on the grind.

He did a video on this. After his hernia surgery his appetite hasn't been there. It's harder for him to pack in the macros he needs via whole foods. Plus he's always on the grind.
Yeah I've had hernia surgery also... It's no joke... I don't do deads anymore and I have to be careful with everything... Especially squats...

Yea I know. I like him. I wasn't saying anything bad. If I had a supp shop I would do it too. Lol

I love the little buckets of red grapefruit from Dole they are convenient and good as well they are like 80 cents a bucket 1 serving I believe

as long as you get the lower sugar ones, these are excellent options... grapefruit is a staple in my diet with good reason... it regulates insulin which helps burn fat along with being fiber rich providing satiation to your hunger throughout the day...

I also agree that powder takes a bad wrap for NO reason... we ALL KNOW that it does not replace food but that's what the fucking definition of a "supplement" or "supplementation" is... powder is a supplement... you use it as its needed... its a great way to take in extra protein or calories when needed and its a great addition to other foods, like greek yogurt for example... it DEFINITELY has a place daily... great post workout, great as a meal replacement or addition etc... you obviously don't depend on it but it definitely has a place and a strong one...

I think the powder has a bad rep mostly because of the historically awful ingredients they tend to have. These days healthy ingredients are becoming the popular thing because people demand it luckily. Just like organic and nonGMO stuff is becoming more popular and everyone is ditching high fructose corn syrup. People are becoming more conscious of what they consume and I say amen to that. It's not the powder that's bad it's the shit it's made from.

Www.expressdomesticapache.com
[email protected]

Top Bottom