napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Elevated ALT and AST due to bad gear?

CH015

I just got my blood results back from my doctor. Bloodwork was done during my cruise at 240 mg of Test E. per week. My test is only at about 700 ng/dL, so it seems pretty clear that it's underdosed (it's from an underground source but still...). What stood out to me is that my AST and especially my ALT are elevated compared to previous blood tests. Could this elevation be caused by my (presumably) bad source? I'm switching to a new source for sure and will retest in the near future, but I would very much like to get some input on this.

How many weeks had you been on 240mg/wk before you drew blood?
Test E takes approx 7 weeks to come up to full concentration in your blood

I had been on a cruising dosage for 5 weeks by then. Any thoughts on the elevated AST and ALT? Actually that really is my main concern at the moment.

Edit: btw I got blood drawn 7 days after pinning (bloodwork in the morning, pinned again that evening) so test levels were at an all week low by then ofcourse. Still I think my test level should be higher at this dosage.

Last edited:
Your liver values can go up because of a lot of things. How elevated were they? Do you drink at all? Are you on any type of medication?

I never ever drink and apart from Aromasin 25 mg twice a week I don't use any medication. AST was 40 U/L (upper limit is 37), ALT 69 U/L (upper limit 41). Meant to mention these values before but forgot, sorry about that.

EDIT: ALT could be elevated due to streneous exercise too. However, I had bloodwork done before I went on, and both AST and ALT were in the normal range back then (as was BUN, which is also slightly elvated now), so I hardly think that's a major factor now.

Last edited:
I never ever drink and apart from Aromasin 25 mg twice a week I don't use any medication. AST was 40 U/L (upper limit is 37), ALT 69 U/L (upper limit 41). Meant to mention these values before but forgot, sorry about that.

EDIT: ALT could be elevated due to streneous exercise too. However, I had bloodwork done before I went on, and both AST and ALT were in the normal range back then (as was BUN, which is also slightly elvated now), so I hardly think that's a major factor now.

What's up bro those liver values are not that high buddy no concern. Exercise raises liver values. Did you take Tylenol? Any otc supps. Aromasin raises mine also but no concerns bro. Take some liver protection supp. I take cycle assist on the regular when I blast or cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do take Liver Tone (by Swanson health) which contains Milk thistle and some other herbs. I'll increase the dosage I'm taking of this a bit for now, I'm still looking for a more 'complete' organ support supplement though. Yes I do take Tylenol occassionally, but I also did that when my values were in range so that shouldn't be the issue.

Protien turnover from intense weight training can raise liver enzymes with adding hepatoxic substances

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

OP, those liver values would cause very little concern if it were me. They are not bad at all. I would start taking some Tudca and see if that helps.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your comments, I'll keep an eye on things in the future and will see how it goes.

Based on your numbers I don't see anything to worry about at all. They are barely elevated, and as said exercise alone can do that. There is also a lot of variation in number values depending on when you test so keep in mind things fluctuate a lot

Well I always got tested at the same time of day (early in the morning, around 8.00 am). Also the times I got tested while I was on Test injections were always 7 days after the last shot. As I mentioned, my ALT was not elevated before I went on but I was (as you might hope lol) already training hard at that time too. Anyway as long as the numbers aren't elevated too much (which they aren't right now according to you guys) I'm not gonna worry too much about it.

As others mentioned, I would not be concerned with those liver values. Drink water and run some TUDCA and/or cycle assist. I would be more concerned with the low test levels.

i understand it is just a touch over where it should be but in actuality, thats not really elevated.. when i saw your thread i was expecting them to be in the higher 50's to 60's... i would just get a bottle of tudca, and run it 1-2 months and you should be just fine within range... there is honestly nothing alarming whatsoever there...

Mine were 102 when I was running tbol and I too tudca cycle assist for 3 months now they are at 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked into tudca, it seems to be pretty hard to obtain here in Europe. Are there any alternatives? Or would an overall cycle support supplement be sufficient?

i understand it is just a touch over where it should be but in actuality, thats not really elevated.. when i saw your thread i was expecting them to be in the higher 50's to 60's... i would just get a bottle of tudca, and run it 1-2 months and you should be just fine within range... there is honestly nothing alarming whatsoever there...

Well my ALT actually is 69... Is that still not alarming?

Well my ALT actually is 69... Is that still not alarming?
i missed that part, yes that is quite high... i have no clue what you do in your personal life etc but if you have real test then that would certainly not do it but if you have something else, say for instance injectable winstrol or something, then it could elevate them slightly but not to that extent so there is something either you are not aware of that you are doing or that you are leaving out of your explanation... i have no clue which scenario but it very well could be something you are not even aware of...

I had been on a cruising dosage for 5 weeks by then. Any thoughts on the elevated AST and ALT? Actually that really is my main concern at the moment.

Edit: btw I got blood drawn 7 days after pinning (bloodwork in the morning, pinned again that evening) so test levels were at an all week low by then ofcourse. Still I think my test level should be higher at this dosage.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, you are running a slightly above TRT level dosage (240mg/wk). You ran bloods 1 week after a dose and you came back with normal blood levels that fall in the TRT range. If that is correct then I'm not seeing your gear as bad in this case.

You ran your blood test at a point where your test level would be at a trough. So if that's your lowest level at that dosage then I would assume your gear is good to go. I would suggest getting a blood test at the 48 hour mark after pinning to truly get a good read of your gear quality.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

i missed that part, yes that is quite high... i have no clue what you do in your personal life etc but if you have real test then that would certainly not do it but if you have something else, say for instance injectable winstrol or something, then it could elevate them slightly but not to that extent so there is something either you are not aware of that you are doing or that you are leaving out of your explanation... i have no clue which scenario but it very well could be something you are not even aware of...

I blasted with Tren Ace, finished 1.5 months ago, that's the only possible cause I can think of. Could that cause elevated ALT after that amount of time and to that extent? I expected liver enzymes to be normalized by now, but now I'm thinking of it that was just my guessing which is pretty stupid actually. I'll get some tudca and retest in a few months.

Top Bottom