napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Joint pain pretty bad should I do month off

robthomas

Guys I'm been training hard for a good five years straight 6 days a week overall training eight years . So last winter I ran a cycle of test deca which went great and made clean gains and did the proper pct and made gains even after . I have had joint pain but now it seems to be pretty hard on me . I train fairly mostly heavy that can be the issue but do cycle to high rep lighter weight as well every 4 months .
I was considering taking a full month off before my next cycle running sarms gw and ostrine along with mk677 that I have been taking for the last three months but took a month off of mk677 due to funds . But I have spent some time getting my weight to the right spot for this next cycle so I feel if I take a month off I will loose gains and add alittle weight that I worked off . Or should I just train just super light the whole month why running these sarms . My arms limbs are very sore , shoulder is very tight , some back pump , elbow joint pain as well and my wrist to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 years straight for 6 days a week with no time off???

How are you even making progress?

You need time off. Rest = results.

How much time off brother yea I been making gains year after year

Damn, I've been taking a week off roughly every two months. you might not need a month off in one whole shot, but you should let yourself rest and heal some here and there.

Just to add I'm almost 44 yrs old, so my old ass needs the rest too, my joints and tendons get sore a lot faster these days.

I personally would take a minimum of 2 weeks off, then maybe 2 weeks of very easy lifting to get the blood flowing into areas without causing stress. I don't think a full month off is a bad idea either. Occasional rest/easy weeks IMO are paramount to long term progress and health. Consider taking an easy week off every 8-12 weeks or so. It seems difficult to do, but you won't lose gains in that short of time and it allows things that take longer than a week to heal to actually heal. When I get back to the gym after a week off I'm ravenous for the iron.

Yea agree it's just the mental part I struggle with as well I feel I'm small when I miss time .

That's why I was thinking a full month off

YOGA, a GOOD massage therapist, lots of water. Light cardio and light pump sets help with the mental aspect of putting down the heavy lifting.

I've been off for several weeks. My massage therapist works for a pro football team. She uses the tension release methods. It has done wonders because you can only do so much stretching and foam rolling. My guess is you're like me ...so tight that shit is pulling in your joints. Only deep tissue will release that.

Yes brother we are of the same feather for sure . My friend has a Indian guy he told me to go to . So should I see him 1 a week for the month that I take off. Cause I'm getting ready for my next cycle body fat is wear it needs to be but might try to see how my joints heal the blast in December

Your body needs regular deloads and time off. Trust me it helps your gains as well as your body, and it helps break plateaus. I listen to my body but typically I take a full week off every 3 to 4 months

Thanks brother I'm getting alittle older so I have to face the facts that it needs to be done

Thanks brother I'm getting alittle older so I have to face the facts that it needs to be done

I know it's hard to grasp the concept that time off will help you make progress and gains, but it's absolutely true. I'm actually taking all next week off myself from weights and just doing cardio. It's that time again and my 43 year old body's telling me. When I get back to it I'll be making gains again, just like I do every time

I been trust really staying on diet year round and getting ready to do another cycle and really want to get the most out of it .

For 3 years I trained 7 days a week, hard and heavy. I ended up getting a partial tear in a tendon in my arm. I was out of the gym for 3 months and spent another 7 months lifting light weight. It was almost a year before I could lift heavy again. I now have permanent tendinitis and can't do a ton of exercises because of it.

I still train 5 - 6 days a week, but I do 3 heavy days, 2 light days, 1 day of cardio and 1 off day. If my body is telling me to chill out, I do some steady state cardio instead or cut exercises out of my routine. It's been working well for me.

The couple times I did take a full week off the gym, I felt like I had more aches and pains.

Thanks for the info brother I agree I'm pushing to hard and it's just not good

Your body adapts to the same stimulus you give it over and over but recovery takes a toll. Both those things are counterproductive.

I train 4 days per week for an hour per session. Growth is completely dependent on recovery and nutrients. You grow in the kitchen and not the gym. Guys wonder how I progress so much more than they do. It's what I do in the gym and out of the gym...not How long I'm in there. You learn to Balance things to optimize them. Another thing is the more you're in the gym, the more glycogen and energy you burn (calories) that could be essential to growth.

Top Bottom