napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

What's going on??? You don't need to bulk, why even call it that ??? How's lean gain sound, Lol. Looks like everything on your agenda is working well, pics look good & definitely see improvement.. Keep it up man, all looks great!!!

Hey there bro! Appreciate it. Yes, lean gains sounds good. Not interested in an "exact" weight, but instead going for a certain look. That look will be in the ball park of 180lbs around 10%BF. Achieving this desired look will require bringing up my arms and back.

Well, for now, I am aiming to put on 10lbs, assess and go from there. I know that answer is somewhat vague. Getting married in September, Honeymoon mid September to Jamaica so will need to be beach ready at that time. This is a rather new development and was not in the equation a month ago, much less when the transformation began. I wanted to tell my fiancé this honeymoon was going to interfere with my bulk, however after some careful thought, decided it was in my best interest not to mention it. That being said, the last thing I want to do at this point is gain a bunch of weight then have to cut back down. However, if the gains are slow, steady and lean, then I can avoid having to do this. What I need to do is a long, slow bulk over a period of 6-8 months. The ideal time to do this would be October - April 2018, then cut down in the summer.

First off, congrats on tying the knot, you are a brave man haha. Good call on keeping quiet about your marriage/honeymoon interfering with your bulk though I completely understand where you are coming from. When you put as much time and effort as you do into losing fat/building muscle, everything that doesn't align with your goal can be seen as an inconvenience. Just another thing you gotta balance in life.

Monday 4/10/2017 Update:

Weight 175lbs
Skin Folds - Stomach 7mm, Chest 5mm Legs 5mm
Nutrition 2900 Non-Workout Days / 3100 Workout Days

Weight continues to slowly climb. I am not interested so much in the actual number, but the overall trend and how I am looking. I am not seeing daily fluctuations in weight and my skin folds seem to be staying relatively the same so I am happy with that. Current calorie intake seems to have me in a slight surplus so will continue here for another week then assess. Absolutely LOVING the caber, I had no idea it would have such an affect on my sleep, mood and libido. I am feeling really good, mentally sharp and well rested. Currently running caber at 0.25mg E3D and AI at 12.5 EOD. Plan to pull bloods in 2-3 weeks to assess E and prolactin.

Monday 4/10/2017 Update:

Weight 175lbs
Skin Folds - Stomach 7mm, Chest 5mm Legs 5mm
Nutrition 2900 Non-Workout Days / 3100 Workout Days

Weight continues to slowly climb. I am not interested so much in the actual number, but the overall trend and how I am looking. I am not seeing daily fluctuations in weight and my skin folds seem to be staying relatively the same so I am happy with that. Current calorie intake seems to have me in a slight surplus so will continue here for another week then assess. Absolutely LOVING the caber, I had no idea it would have such an affect on my sleep, mood and libido. I am feeling really good, mentally sharp and well rested. Currently running caber at 0.25mg E3D and AI at 12.5 EOD. Plan to pull bloods in 2-3 weeks to assess E and prolactin.

What doses are you running for test and deca?

Looking good, nice work & upping this calories, slowly I see. What's your plan 100. Extra per week ??? And do you plan on staying at 300test & 200 Dec???

Here is my current meal plan.

8:00 AM
1 Cup Egg Whites
2 Whole Brown Eggs
½ Cup Diced Bell Peppers, Mushrooms and onions
60g Oatmeal
75g Blueberries
3 Omega 3 Fish Oil
(Eggs scrambled with veggies. Oatmeal with blueberries and a dash of cinnamon)

11:00 AM
5oz. Chicken Breast
1 ¼ Cup White Rice
2 Cups Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots
2 tbsp. Picante

2:00 PM
6oz. Chicken Breast
2 Cups Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots
200g Sweet Potato
24g Peanut Butter
(Top sweet potato with peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon)

4:30 PM (Pre-Work Out)
1.5 Scoop MTS or GAF Whey
150g Banana
75g Blueberries
1 Cup Almond Milk

7:30 PM
6oz. Ground Turkey 99%
3 Cups Grilled Squash, Zucchini and Onions
1 ¼ Cup White Rice
1 Tbsp. Olive oil

9:30 PM
1.5 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
75g Blueberries
1 ½ Cup Organic Toasted O’s
(mixed together in bowl)

Daily Total Approx.
3135 Cal. 270 Protein 372 Carb 63 Fat

Monday's Back, Tricep, Rear Delt & Ab's Routine

Rack Pulls - 245x15, 285x12, 315x10
Single Arm Cable Pull Down - 50x15, 50x15, 50x15
Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down - 145x12, 145x12, 145x10
EZ Bar Skull Crusher - 75x12, 75x10, 75x9
Single Arm Rope Pushdown - 25x15, 25x15, 25x15
Face Pulls - 50x15, 50x15, 50x15
Hanging Leg Raises - 12, 10, 10
Cable Crunch - 110x20, 120x20, 120x20

Wednesday's Quads, Hamstrings and Glutes Routine * Having done heavy rack pulls on Monday, my back was still sore. I decided not to pile a bunch of heavy weight onto my back and do heavy squats today.**

BB Split Squat - 100x15, 110x10, 120x10
DB Walking Lunge - 45x10, 45x10, 45x10
BB Hip Thrust - 175x10, 175x10, 175x10
Single Leg Leg Extension - 55x15, 55x15, 55x15
Seated Leg Curl - 105x12, 110x10, 110x10

I do plan to increase above 3100 eventually. Weight seems to be slowly climbing with skin folds staying relatively the same. My next increase will be to 3300 on workout days and around 3000 on non workout days. Will probably add 10g fat and another 25 carbs. Suggestions?

I do plan to increase above 3100 eventually. Weight seems to be slowly climbing with skin folds staying relatively the same. My next increase will be to 3300 on workout days and around 3000 on non workout days. Will probably add 10g fat and another 25 carbs. Suggestions?

How many calories over maintenance will 3300 be?

How many calories over maintenance will 3300 be?

I am trying to stay 200-300 over maintenance. Just as the metabolism slows during calorie deficits, it increases during Calorie surplus. I am just trying to stay 200-300 ahead of it. Right now I am in that range. I suspect in the very near future, I will need to increase calories to stay in that positive 200-300 energy range. Based on that, let's say in a perfect world, I was in a 300 calorie surplus all 7 days of the week. That would be 2100 calories per week, so a little over 0.5pounds. I realize the gains are slow and that there are more optimal approaches. However, my goals are different. I am not as concerned with an actual "Scale weight" as I am with how I look and my LBM number.

Has your weight been holding over the last few weeks?

Been between 137-140 depending what time of day I weigh in. It's also been fluctuating because I've been eating more on the fly due to being so busy. Mostly water weight from sodium so I usually level back out to the above range after a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bro, see my response below to CC. Also, since you are reverse dieting at the moment, check this video out. Very informative https://youtu.be/A3gTGLulLnI

I've watched that video, very informative. I was more curious to seen how many calories over you were running per week and what you were noticing as far weight gain/mirror changes. I'm planning on going the conservative route like you since I'm terrified of gaining a bunch of fat back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be 2100 calories per week, so a little over 0.5pounds.

I'm curious where you got that number. I question how many calories are actually needed to build a lb of muscle. I know if you were break down a lb of muscle it's supposedly 2500 calories per lb, but I don't know that's how much it is to "build" muscle. It isn't like fat where the fat cell just absorbs the "calories". I haven't researched this much at all, but what I have always read always seemed questionable.

Top Bottom