napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

Week 2 of 12 Week Transformation Contest

End of 3 Week Cut:

Results-

Starting Stats - 177LBS at around 9%-10% Body fat 159LBM Skin Folds - 7mm Stomach, 8mm Chest, 7mm Leg Caliper book says 7%, but I think 9-10% is more realistic.
Ending Stats - 171LBS at around 7%-8% Body Fat 157LBM Skin Folds - 6mm Stomach, 5mm Chest, 5mm Leg - Caliper book says 5%, but I think 7-8% is more realistic.

Wrapped up the 3 week mini cut yesterday (Sunday) and weighed/measured this morning. According to the numbers, I dropped 2% Body Fat and 2 LBS of LBM. Not concerned about the LBM as I anticipate my weight to come up a few pounds once glycogen stores refill and will measure again at the end of the week. I have been 171LBS before, but NEVER this lean. 16mm on the skin folds is a new PR for me.

I have now bumped my calories up 200 calories via carbs and dropped out the cardio. This should bring me out of the deficit. I will hold here for a week then add in another 100 calories next week as I reverse diet back to maintenance. I also intend to take 6 days off beginning this Friday to allow myself to recover before entering my lean bulk in 3 weeks.

Below is a pic of my grocery cart Saturday.

View attachment 3674

Great job brother!!! Can't wait to see how you look after lean bulk!! Like you plan for slowly adding in the calories!! I actually think within those first few weeks of adding calories back in you will tighten up more!!

Great job brother!!! Can't wait to see how you look after lean bulk!! Like you plan for slowly adding in the calories!! I actually think within those first few weeks of adding calories back in you will tighten up more!!

Thanks bro. I agree, I usually look better the weeks following a cut when calories are added back in. Tighten up, looking fuller and leaner.

Nice, nice, nice.. Glad to see the transformation. Following your lean bulk!! Might be taking notes a couple weeks for myself!!!!

How's adding some calories back in going? How you feel? You filling out?

The addition of calories has been treating me well. Did my Pull routine last night which went really well. I always get a nice increase in strength/lifts coming out of a deficit. As my physique, I must confess, I am not real pleased with the way I am looking at the moment. My ab's have looked better at a higher body fat which has left me thinking "what have I done / or not done differently"? Perhaps I have not been giving them the attention they needed and have treated them as more of an after thought. Then again, I have only upped my carbs 30g so my glycogen is still probably filling up.

Nice, nice, nice.. Glad to see the transformation. Following your lean bulk!! Might be taking notes a couple weeks for myself!!!!

Thanks svanimost! I am looking forward to increasing my calories, gaining strength and adding some lean mass.

Wednesday 2/15/17 Update:

I weighed this morning at 172LBS. About normal as I am expecting my weight to slowly climb and settling in around 174 once my glycogen stores refill. Did my Pull/Ab workout last nigh which went as follows:

Rack Pulls - 225x12, 275x10, 315x8, 365x8
BB Rows - 135x15, 145x10, 145x10
Lat Pulldown - 145x12, 145x8, 145x8
Straight Arm Lat. Pushdowns - 90x12, 90x12, 95x10
Single Arm Cable Lat Pulldown - 50x12, 55x12, 55x12
Rear Delt DB Fly - 10x20, 15x12, 15x12
DB Hammer Curls - 35x10, 35x10x 35x8
Alt. DB Curls - 35x10, 35x8, 35x8
Cable Curls - 1 DROPSET starting at 100lbs
Ab's - Cable crunches - 5 sets of 20 reps pyramiding up in weight.

Afterwards, I took my fiancé out for valentines day to a Mediterranean restaurant. As always, tracked my food throughout the day and saved 1000 calories for dinner, saving room for about 50P, 100C and 45F. Kept it pretty healthy and clean. I had tabouli, Lebanese salad(cucumber, tomato & onion), lentils, white rice and a chicken kabob.

The addition of calories has been treating me well. Did my Pull routine last night which went really well. I always get a nice increase in strength/lifts coming out of a deficit. As my physique, I must confess, I am not real pleased with the way I am looking at the moment. My ab's have looked better at a higher body fat which has left me thinking "what have I done / or not done differently"? Perhaps I have not been giving them the attention they needed and have treated them as more of an after thought. Then again, I have only upped my carbs 30g so my glycogen is still probably filling up.

Here is the questions I would ask myself; 1) are you doing the same ab routine that you were doing at a higher body fat? 2) did I add in a source of carbs that I haven't had in a while? 3) have I had more sodium than usual over the last couple of days? I know for me if I hold any water at all I notice it in my abs the most!

Here is the questions I would ask myself; 1) are you doing the same ab routine that you were doing at a higher body fat? 2) did I add in a source of carbs that I haven't had in a while? 3) have I had more sodium than usual over the last couple of days? I know for me if I hold any water at all I notice it in my abs the most!

1.) My answer to 1 would have to be no. Used to do these DB lower AB raises a lot more. Basically, lay on a bench with my legs hanging off, lower back and butt supported on bench. Grab a DB with my feet and do leg raises bringing my legs just above 30 degrees, keeping tension on abs. Used to do these weekly, now once a month. Corrective action: Implement this exercise back into my weekly ab routine for 1 month. Reassess and adjust as needed.

3.) I have been playing around with adding salt. I eat so clean that I almost have no sodium intake if I don't add some in myself. Been eye balling it so could have swung the other direction and am now consuming more than needed. Not certain, but possible. Corrective action: Accurately measure salt for one week. Reassess and adjust as needed.

1.) My answer to 1 would have to be no. Used to do these DB lower AB raises a lot more. Basically, lay on a bench with my legs hanging off, lower back and butt supported on bench. Grab a DB with my feet and do leg raises bringing my legs just above 30 degrees, keeping tension on abs. Used to do these weekly, now once a month. Corrective action: Implement this exercise back into my weekly ab routine for 1 month. Reassess and adjust as needed.

3.) I have been playing around with adding salt. I eat so clean that I almost have no sodium intake if I don't add some in myself. Been eye balling it so could have swung the other direction and am now consuming more than needed. Not certain, but possible. Corrective action: Accurately measure salt for one week. Reassess and adjust as needed.

You and I have a very similar way of handling situations!! I completely agree bro!!!

Wednesday 2/15/17 Update:

I weighed this morning at 172LBS. About normal as I am expecting my weight to slowly climb and settling in around 174 once my glycogen stores refill. Did my Pull/Ab workout last nigh which went as follows:

Rack Pulls - 225x12, 275x10, 315x8, 365x8
BB Rows - 135x15, 145x10, 145x10
Lat Pulldown - 145x12, 145x8, 145x8
Straight Arm Lat. Pushdowns - 90x12, 90x12, 95x10
Single Arm Cable Lat Pulldown - 50x12, 55x12, 55x12
Rear Delt DB Fly - 10x20, 15x12, 15x12
DB Hammer Curls - 35x10, 35x10x 35x8
Alt. DB Curls - 35x10, 35x8, 35x8
Cable Curls - 1 DROPSET starting at 100lbs
Ab's - Cable crunches - 5 sets of 20 reps pyramiding up in weight.

Afterwards, I took my fiancé out for valentines day to a Mediterranean restaurant. As always, tracked my food throughout the day and saved 1000 calories for dinner, saving room for about 50P, 100C and 45F. Kept it pretty healthy and clean. I had tabouli, Lebanese salad(cucumber, tomato & onion), lentils, white rice and a chicken kabob.

How are the lat push downs? I always see dudes doing them at the gym but have never really tried them.

How are the lat push downs? I always see dudes doing them at the gym but have never really tried them.

I really like the straight arm lat pushdown cause it allows me to isolate my lats and focus on the mind muscle connection. I prefer these to the similar DB pullover, which I feel in my chest as well. I think it was caramel cowboy that said this is the only back exercise that doesn't involve the biceps. Here is a link: https://youtu.be/aXTKdnCIyWA

I really like the straight arm lat pushdown cause it allows me to isolate my lats and focus on the mind muscle connection. I prefer these to the similar DB pullover, which I feel in my chest as well. I think it was caramel cowboy that said this is the only back exercise that doesn't involve the biceps. Here is a link: https://youtu.be/aXTKdnCIyWA
Yes sir! That was me that said that about the cable pullover not incorporating the biceps! IMO I think they are a great exercise to start with for beginners. Most people don't know how to activate their lats and use mostly their biceps during most back exercises so cable lat pullover gets you to feel their lats and carry that pump into their other exercises.

I agree. The lats and rear delts have been hard for me to develop that mind muscle connection. Lats have gotten better, but still have a hard time CONSISTENTLY activating my rear delts.

Top Bottom