napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

How long do you plan to take to drop the 2% bf?

Planning on running this cut for a total of 21 days total. I am already down about 1% as my skin fold measurements are down 3mm. Once I reverse diet out of my cut and my glycogen refills, I will be able to better gauge where my body fat and LBM is at. Maintaining strength which means I am holding muscle.

Well, since the Transformation contest officially started yesterday, thought I should post an update.

I am 10 days into my cut right now. As I am already lean (9-10% BF), my plan is to drop down to about 7-8% then slowly transition over a 3 week period into a clean bulk. I am on 2330 calories now and am down about 6 pounds, obviously mostly water/glycogen, but my skin fold measurements are coming down so that's good.
Workouts are going great and I am maintaining my strength. Doing a Push, Pull, Leg's routine that I have further split into Push A, Pull A Leg's A - Push B, Pull B Leg's B routine. The main difference between the A/B is mainly Barbell vs. DB exercises. Both are obviously still built around heavy compound lifts. Did leg's the other day which was brutal...Working sets on squats was 3 sets at 260 for 10 reps....which on 200 carbs a day was exhausting. Don't know how people can go low carb and still push heavy weights. The rest of the leg workout consisted of DB lunges, Trap Bar Deadlift, Leg curls
and 2 Calve Exercises.

Still keeping cardio to minimum at 2 30min sessions of incline walking.
Diet is on point as usual.
Will update with pics, weight and skin fold measurements at the 2 week mark (Monday).

Looks real nice so far, low carbs suck, but make the body get rid of the waste faster. I'm pretty much doing same here but starting to cut carbs a bit more due do a bit more % to lower. But i needs to do it. How much & fast are you going to increase your macros when you transition yourself. That's one thing i ran into last time , I did it too quick & didn't give much time for my body to change without storing cals.

Looks real nice so far, low carbs suck, but make the body get rid of the waste faster. I'm pretty much doing same here but starting to cut carbs a bit more due do a bit more % to lower. But i needs to do it. How much & fast are you going to increase your macros when you transition yourself. That's one thing i ran into last time , I did it too quick & didn't give much time for my body to change without storing cals.

Depends on how long I have been in a cut. Since I am doing a mini-cut now, I am going to transition pretty fast. See below:

Current Cal - 2330 Cal 260P 205C 50F
Week 1 Transition 2500 Cal 260P 250C 50F
Week 2 Transition 2600 Cal 260P 250C 60F
Week 3 Transition 2700 Cal 260P 275 C 60F
Week 4 Enter Lean Bulk 2900 Cal 260P 300C 65F

In my personal experience, the transition is the most important time to be strict on diet since the body is primed to gain weight/fat. I usually limit eating out/cheat meals during this period to keep a handle on calorie consumption.

For Longer cuts (8-12 weeks) I usually end will end up lower at 2100 cals, so the transition (reverse diet) will take longer. I generally do 100 cal per week (via carbs) increase up to maintenance (new maintenance cal). I have actually found that I continue to lean out during this slow transition and look my best at this time. I hold calories at maintenance for 2-3 weeks before increasing into a clean bulk at 200 cal surplus.

Layne Norton has some great videos on reverse dieting. I employed the above method before reading/watching his material, but can say from experience, it holds truth.

Brief update:

Took an extra day of rest from lifting as Tuesday's Leg day absolutely taxed my CNS. Did light incline walking both Wed. and Thursday. Headed to the gym tonight to do my Pull Routine then it will be Push tomorrow.

Visiting with family Sunday..and will fed plentifully. Sunday is my high carb/reefed day nevertheless plan to employ a bit of IF and flexible dieting to keep things reasonable. Since the family dinner will most likely be composed of carbs and fats, I will modify Meal 1 and 2 to consist of Protein and veggies. This way I head into dinner with plenty of carbs and fats to spare in my diet. I will also drop 2 of my 6 meals for Sunday.

Week 2 Cut Update:

Yesterday marked the 14th day of my mini cut. To sum it up, I am down 6lbs and have lost 5mm in my skin folds. I attribute about 3lbs of my loss to water/glycogen. According to my skin fold chart, every 3mm equals about 1% of body fat. So I am roughly down 1.7% body fat. My 3 week goal was to drop 2% so I am on track. Plan to add in some additional cardio this week to increase energy expenditure. Below is my starting stats followed by my current stats as well as some pics. Forgive the pics as I am white as a ghost right now. Going to get my tan on this week which will help bring out the definition a little better.

Starting Stats:

5'10
177lbs
Skin Fold: Stomach 7mm Chest 8mm Legs 7mm Total 22mm

Current Stats:

5'10
171lbs
Skin Folds: Stomach 6mm Chest 6mm Leg's 5mm Total 17mm

20170203_183500.jpg
20170203_183803.jpg
20170203_183957.jpg

Week 2 Cut Update:

Yesterday marked the 14th day of my mini cut. To sum it up, I am down 6lbs and have lost 5mm in my skin folds. I attribute about 3lbs of my loss to water/glycogen. According to my skin fold chart, every 3mm equals about 1% of body fat. So I am roughly down 1.7% body fat. My 3 week goal was to drop 2% so I am on track. Plan to add in some additional cardio this week to increase energy expenditure. Below is my starting stats followed by my current stats as well as some pics. Forgive the pics as I am white as a ghost right now. Going to get my tan on this week which will help bring out the definition a little better.

Starting Stats:

5'10
177lbs

Current Stats:

5'10
171lbs

View attachment 3609
View attachment 3610
View attachment 3611
Tearing it up brother!!

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
please PM me for inquiries

Wednesday Update:

I was scheduled to do my Pull B Routine this evening, but do to a schedule conflict, I pushed it to tomorrow. Instead, I woke up at 4:30am and squeezed in 40 min of incline walking before heading to work.

Nutrition remains on point. Nothing else to report that's interesting. I am really looking forward to reverse dieting out of this deficit, back to maintenance and transitioning into a mild surplus. Will probably take a week off to rest/recover before going into my clean bulk. Will post my routines up tomorrow.

Week 2 Cut Update:

Starting Stats:

5'10
177lbs

Current Stats:

5'10
171lbs

View attachment 3609
View attachment 3610
View attachment 3611

Looking good brother!!! Great job so far! What your plan for when you reverse diet into the lean bulk?

Top Bottom