napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How to combat Acne

ZeroToHero said:
cbbram said:
Also my acne flared up around week 4 and is pretty much non existent around week 8...only a few here and there...

I also use salicylic acid face pad wipes twice a day... The Noxema one's are the cheapest

Also good to know. I figured my acne was probably going to be the worst right now since I've only been on for 4-5 weeks, but once my body adjusts to the compounds it will hopefully settle down. It's actually much better this morning already after tanning yesterday.

I think I'll go to the store and get some of those noxema face wipe pads to use every morning, and I'll use body scrub in the evening when I shower. Can you get those at Wal-Mart?

The acne should reduce significantly as the cycle progresses in later weeks. Generally the fluctuations and adjustments from these compounds, whether it be a big increase going on or a decrease coming off, is when acne is at its worst.

Ive been trying a new product. .nuetrogena body clear body wash. Almost 2 weeks in...it cleared up all my break outs...but what really has me excited is that it has prevented any new break outs! Which for me is not normal. Ive never been this long without a new pimple! Not even a stray somewhere. I definitely recommend this product and I give it 5 stars. And for $5 bucks u cant go wrong giving it a try

Re: RE: Re: How to combat Acne

cmb5017 said:
Ive been trying a new product. .nuetrogena body clear body wash. Almost 2 weeks in...it cleared up all my break outs...but what really has me excited is that it has prevented any new break outs! Which for me is not normal. Ive never been this long without a new pimple! Not even a stray somewhere. I definitely recommend this product and I give it 5 stars. And for $5 bucks u cant go wrong giving it a try
I've been considering buying that myself... The main ingredient is salicylic acid which is in most acne treatment products but the thing with the body wash is it gets everywhere. Right now I've only been using it locally.

I've been rotating salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide with great results.

Re: RE: Re: How to combat Acne

cbbram said:
cmb5017 said:
I've been considering buying that myself... The main ingredient is salicylic acid which is in most acne treatment products but the thing with the body wash is it gets everywhere. Right now I've only been using it locally.

I've been rotating salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide with great results.

Yea thats true. I also use a tactic..I wash/shampoo like normal then go back and use the wash all over including my head (cause ill get a pimple there too) I also bought a brush to scrub my back and ass with. That powerfull scrub helps dig in deep to clean them pores and hot water helps to open them pores. .so far its working wonders I didn't expect it to be any different than the rest

cmb5017 said:

Glad you like it, I always use it on cycle don't really need it off. I used it as a teenager and never really had any then either so when I started using gear and getting them I figured I would try it out, sure enough it worked lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmb5017 said:

that's really great to hear that you found something that works... make sure to let as many as you know how helpful it has been... obviously certain things work better for some than others but that sounds really promising bro... thanks for sharing

I am at my wit's end with this acne!

I've tried the tanning Accutane route and the sides outweighed the limited benefits. I take Aromasin 12.5 eod and am on minimal test 150mg\wk - and 300mg Deca. No Gyno issues, just acne. Even on trt with just the 150mg of test I still get it.

Are there any options that are less prone to trigger this? I am going to soldier on as I love the size and strength gain I am getting - 8 weeks left on this cycle.

I should add that even at 300mg I am using Caber to be safe.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you seen a dermatologist; there are so many treatments, one including a doxycycline regimen that I've seen work well...aczone, differin, etc...

My dermatologist gave me minocycline 100 milligrams a cap. I take a cap every other day. He advised I can stay on this regimen throughout the year because of the occasional flare ups that will come up from being on TRT. It does not cause extra sensitivity to the sun so it's easy to take along with your TRT. You may want to ask your dermatologist for it too. Oh, and it's very cheap too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tanning / peroxide based cleasers/ make sure your controling estrogen and the rest is genetics bro some are hyper prone too acne others never get it just your luck of the draw

I'd like to add some information to this thread.

I grew up very prone to acne. Most of the times, it is hereditary, and you have no choice whether or not you'll be getting it in your life. That being said, today's technology has allowed us to mitigate and sometimes eliminate it all together. Essentially, the increased amount of sebum and dirt causes the inflammation to occur; creating a pimple or acne. Sweat obviously acts as a catalyst for this to occur. In order to mitigate this, there are a few options. You can dry your skin out and reduce the amount of sebum by using heat or acids e.g. tanning, wipes for acne, and or topical creams. Other ways available are through oral means. The increase in Vitamin A (a fat soluble vitamin I'd like to add)* will encourage the decrease in pore size, subsequently eliminating the amount of sebum or dirt a pore can accumulate. This vitamin also led to synthetic versions of it. The most popular being Isotretinoin or better known as "Accutane."**

I have done a 7-month dermatologist prescribed period of Isotretinoin. I also had to have my bloods (mainly triglycerides) checked once a month, too. Kidney function tests are often tested during the medication cycle as well, but not always. This medication gets a very bad reputation from those who aren't educated. First things first, very similar to AAS cycles, everyone's experience with Isotretinoin is vastly different.*** I experienced little to no side effects during my time with the medication.

If you'd like to know more about the ways of mitigating acne, I'm here. If you'd like to know more about Accutane outside of a Pharm book, or from a doctor, I'm here.

*When taking in Vitamin A (OTC or prescribed), you must take it with fat in order for it to be digested
**Accutane is a medication derivative from Vitamin A. The same dietary recommendations are to be followed as "*" as well
***There are a great deal of side effects associated with the medication, but can be mitigated in several ways

Lastly, take the information and advice with a grain of salt, I'm only a dermatology nurse ;)
Wow, that was probably the best right up on acne I've ever seen! Thanks so much for sharing!

I'm really happy someone was able to read it, and see it as a positive contribution. Thanks, man!
We'll probably hit you up for more! It seems to control the acne when you're manipulating your hormones needs the evolving, perpetual attention to protocol. Seems like you need to be doing all things to help control it if you are prone to it. I too was prone to it as a teenager, but this acne from TRT seems to be totally different. Smaller zits that keep surfacing up mostly under my clothing. Not on my face or the back of my neck like when a teenager. It seems to be mostly under control now, but like you said when there is a change in the protocol or if you increase dosage or lower dosage is winning the breakouts occur. So it's been pretty controllable lately and I'm happy for that. Seems like if you do all the things you're supposed to do Tan, use nizoral shampoo, antibiotics etc that it at least keeps it under control.

I'm prone to acne as well. Hygiene and tanning helps but if it's from hormonal changes not really much you can do about it except damage control.

Pharma Lady Rep

My dermatologist gave me minocycline 100 milligrams a cap. I take a cap every other day. He advised I can stay on this regimen throughout the year because of the occasional flare ups that will come up from being on TRT. It does not cause extra sensitivity to the sun so it's easy to take along with your TRT. You may want to ask your dermatologist for it too. Oh, and it's very cheap too!

I'll probably have to bring this up to my dermatologist because I didn't get back acne till starting TRT. Even though I'm only on 100mgs of Test Cyp weekly. That's what my endo has me on for right now. It's been a year now and even though I stay clean and shower twice a day.. eat clean.. don't smoke or drink.. still end up getting break outs.. sucks ass man! So the minocycline has no side effects?

Accutane is the best treatment. Everyone scared of it has never even taken it.

Not true. I've taken it and the dangers are written on the fold out insert if you get it prescribed. It very toxic, causes horrible birth defects, possible mood alteration, horrible chapped lips etc. maybe not everyone gets bad side effects but that doesn't negate how toxic it is. To take something for acne that effects your brain is just major overkill and not worth it in my opinion. Several class action lawsuits have been filed against the makers over the years. It should be only a last resort, IF that.

Www.expressdomesticapache.com
[email protected]
Code 'jack10' for 10% off any order!

Great thread and great input from everyone.

Im also an acne sufferer, on or off cycle. Cystic acne on the neck and shoulders mostly.

Having visited a dermatologist this year, i was prescribed a ton of topical treatments, and eventually an oral antibiotic.

The topical treatments tend to help reduce redness etc but never stop them from coming! The antibiotics seems to have been a complete waste of time, having had no positive results, in my own opinion actually made things worse.

Starting accutane this month hopefully, excited to have a solution that treats the problem - not just masks or temporarily fixes.

Top Bottom