napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

For my older bros

drb_iac

Yes, my borhters, somehow the secret got out: I'm over 40. Actually I am over 60, but I am writing this for the 40 and over crowd
You ask yourself .. have I had it?, All washed up?, finished?, kaput? or a mere sliver of what I once was.

I am just writing down some thoughts here on the many questions I get asked by fellow gym buds.

Q. As a man over 40, have I lost the ability to grow? I continue to train, but the "packing it on" stage seems to have left me. I lift about the same weight. In fact, a bit more, but the size doesn't seem to come.

A. Two truths should be revisited and underscored at this point: that's life and everyone is different. A third truth can be added: 40 to 50 are still very good growth years.

"That's life" tells us we do slow down in muscular growth as we age. Yet if the basic training precepts are followed -- workout consistency, hard training, smart eating and plenty of rest and relaxation -- muscular size and quality can be improved perceptibly into our 60s.

That "everyone is different" part -- genetics, health, training acumen, drive, toughness and such -- tells us some will flourish more than others. Some will flounder.

Sufficient exercise will keep us in shape. Swell. Those who are suited to progress as they age need to be aggressive with their training, while at once retaining commonsense, care and attentiveness to overtraining and system abuse.

Finesse, passion and creativity are three major qualities that determine and assure a trainee's continued distinct advancement. They separate the ordinary from the special.

Certain muscles that have not been overtrained or training-saturated -- rear delts, forearms, lower lats, thighs -- can surprise us and respond especially well to specific exercises, and restore our confidence and delight in training and growing.

Finally, the over-40 lifter must be careful not to be dominated or intimidated by the over-40 rhetoric. It's specious, spurious and insidious with tentacles reaching the subconscious that will defeat a person before age 41.

Q. I am 49 and have just started bodybuilding. My biggest question is what will my skin look like once I am built? Like most my age, my skin is starting to sag. Will building help tighten it or will it just sag over my muscles?

A. The same two truths mentioned above need to be reviewed.

The skin generally will benefit from the physical stimulation and the circulation of life-giving blood offering nutrients and oxygen to its tissues.

Furthermore, system detoxification and its positive effect on the body accompany hearty weight-bearing exercise. The skin is not the least of the benefactors to this welcome gain. Health is improving before your eyes.

Added muscle from your bodybuilding can be expected to swell within the skin and improve age-related looseness. On the other hand, the loss of excess fat might counter the skin-tightening effect of the muscle. Don't despair.

Remember this: If skin tone and wrinkles are the primary interests in your bodybuilding quest, you might be disappointed and miss the grander acquirements of the lifting experience. Given time in training, most everything improves. More often than not, most of the improvements are not what you anticipated or sought: inner character strength, systemic health, bone density, fortified immune system, balanced hormonal activity, improved blood fats and sugars, and a general glow and structural rightness you're too close to see... and more are on the list.

Q. How long does it take to start losing the muscle you gained, such as when off for sickness or unable to get to the gym to train?

A. This depends on the quantity and quality and maturity of the muscle you carry on your frame, and on your genetic background. Those fortunate trainees who are predisposed to natural muscle development will lose muscle slowly. Sound muscle mass is basic to their structure. Those, like most of us, who train hard for every quivering tissue lose muscle more readily.

Stay strong. Do not fret.

Lifters having dedicated several years to serious muscle building often experience minor muscle loss in the first two to four weeks of forced layoff.

The tissues lose their general fullness and fitness from lack of use and stimulation -- a cause of undue depression -- but regain vitality within several intelligent workouts.

Unscheduled layoffs should be and often can be avoided. Make every effort to assure training consistency, even if partial workouts or fewer workouts per week substitute your full training regimen.

One missed workout leads to another and another and you fall into a training gap that's hard to recall. Smart training sessions modified to accommodate special circumstances, minor illness or injury work wonders to carry you along the crooked way.

Now..for aas use. I have been working on several approaches to the fountain of youth. I have set many buds up in different ways, since a lot of them are on trt. One good bud does 100/100 cyp/deca as his trt, but then blasts for 5 months, or 20 weeks. His blast is 400/400 for 3 months and then 200/200 for 2months.

I absolutely do not think orals are good for guys over 45. They are more powerfull than what you really need and not nearly as safe and satisfying as injectables.

Another bud does trt at 100/100 also but for 16 weeks each year he goes 200/200 plus 800 primo . You could also replace the primo with eq if money is a problem. I am sticking with these 4 injectables only.After 45, or 50 or so Tren is not what you need. If you do use it then use enanthate and go low like 200/200/100 as a blast . If you are a big tren fan and want it in your trt then 100 test,50 deca,50 tren.

I do not do trt but I do blast for 20 weeks each year. My blast may sound strange but it works for me.
250 sus,200 cyp,300 deca and 800 primo. After my 20 weeks I start clomid for 6 weeks, creatine,sarms triple and hgh at only 2iu.

So my bros...I wish you a long muscular ,full of strength aging process.You DO NOT need to fall apart as you age...what you do need to do is be wise. Be wise with your cycles...plan them carefully. Be wise with your training...no more flat benches ....at least no more with very heavy weight. If I do them it is as a warm up for my incline dumbs, and I use 200lbs max. Train with mental effort. Get the movement and focus on strict slow training for 2-4 sets of each exercise.

Now for you young guys....LISTEN TO DYLAN!

Yes, my borhters, somehow the secret got out: I'm over 40. Actually I am over 60, but I am writing this for the 40 and over crowd
You ask yourself .. have I had it?, All washed up?, finished?, kaput? or a mere sliver of what I once was.

I am just writing down some thoughts here on the many questions I get asked by fellow gym buds.

Q. As a man over 40, have I lost the ability to grow? I continue to train, but the "packing it on" stage seems to have left me. I lift about the same weight. In fact, a bit more, but the size doesn't seem to come.

A. Two truths should be revisited and underscored at this point: that's life and everyone is different. A third truth can be added: 40 to 50 are still very good growth years.

"That's life" tells us we do slow down in muscular growth as we age. Yet if the basic training precepts are followed -- workout consistency, hard training, smart eating and plenty of rest and relaxation -- muscular size and quality can be improved perceptibly into our 60s.

That "everyone is different" part -- genetics, health, training acumen, drive, toughness and such -- tells us some will flourish more than others. Some will flounder.

Sufficient exercise will keep us in shape. Swell. Those who are suited to progress as they age need to be aggressive with their training, while at once retaining commonsense, care and attentiveness to overtraining and system abuse.

Finesse, passion and creativity are three major qualities that determine and assure a trainee's continued distinct advancement. They separate the ordinary from the special.

Certain muscles that have not been overtrained or training-saturated -- rear delts, forearms, lower lats, thighs -- can surprise us and respond especially well to specific exercises, and restore our confidence and delight in training and growing.

Finally, the over-40 lifter must be careful not to be dominated or intimidated by the over-40 rhetoric. It's specious, spurious and insidious with tentacles reaching the subconscious that will defeat a person before age 41.

Q. I am 49 and have just started bodybuilding. My biggest question is what will my skin look like once I am built? Like most my age, my skin is starting to sag. Will building help tighten it or will it just sag over my muscles?

The skin generally will benefit from the physical stimulation and the circulation of life-giving blood offering nutrients and oxygen to its tissues.

Furthermore, system detoxification and its positive effect on the body accompany hearty weight-bearing exercise. The skin is not the least of the benefactors to this welcome gain. Health is improving before your eyes.

Added muscle from your bodybuilding can be expected to swell within the skin and improve age-related looseness. On the other hand, the loss of excess fat might counter the skin-tightening effect of the muscle. Don't despair.

Remember this: If skin tone and wrinkles are the primary interests in your bodybuilding quest, you might be disappointed and miss the grander acquirements of the lifting experience. Given time in training, most everything improves. More often than not, most of the improvements are not what you anticipated or sought: inner character strength, systemic health, bone density, fortified immune system, balanced hormonal activity, improved blood fats and sugars, and a general glow and structural rightness you're too close to see... and more are on the list.

Q. How long does it take to start losing the muscle you gained, such as when off for sickness or unable to get to the gym to train?

A. This depends on the quantity and quality and maturity of the muscle you carry on your frame, and on your genetic background. Those fortunate trainees who are predisposed to natural muscle development will lose muscle slowly. Sound muscle mass is basic to their structure. Those, like most of us, who train hard for every quivering tissue lose muscle more readily.

Lifters having dedicated several years to serious muscle building often experience minor muscle loss in the first two to four weeks of forced layoff.

The tissues lose their general fullness and fitness from lack of use and stimulation -- a cause of undue depression -- but regain vitality within several intelligent workouts.

Unscheduled layoffs should be and often can be avoided. Make every effort to assure training consistency, even if partial workouts or fewer workouts per week substitute your full training regimen.

One missed workout leads to another and another and you fall into a training gap that's hard to recall. Smart training sessions modified to accommodate special circumstances, minor illness or injury work wonders to carry you along the crooked way.

Now..for aas use. I have been working on several approaches to the fountain of youth. I have set many buds up in different ways, since a lot of them are on trt. One good bud does 100/100 cyp/deca as his trt, but then blasts for 5 months, or 20 weeks. His blast is 400/400 for 3 months and then 200/200 for 2months.

I absolutely do not think orals are good for guys over 45. They are more powerfull than what you really need and not nearly as safe and satisfying as injectables.

Another bud does trt at 100/100 also but for 16 weeks each year he goes 200/200 plus 800 primo . You could also replace the primo with eq if money is a problem. I am sticking with these 4 injectables only.After 45, or 50 or so Tren is not what you need. If you do use it then use enanthate and go low like 200/200/100 as a blast . If you are a big tren fan and want it in your trt then 100 test,50 deca,50 tren.

I do not do trt but I do blast for 20 weeks each year. My blast may sound strange but it works for me.
250 sus,200 cyp,300 deca and 800 primo. After my 20 weeks I start clomid for 6 weeks, creatine,sarms triple and hgh at only 2iu.

So my bros...I wish you a long muscular ,full of strength aging process.You DO NOT need to fall apart as you age...what you do need to do is be wise. Be wise with your cycles...plan them carefully. Be wise with your training...no more flat benches ....at least no more with very heavy weight. If I do them it is as a warm up for my incline dumbs, and I use 200lbs max. Train with mental effort. Get the movement and focus on strict slow training for 2-4 sets of each exercise.

Tnx for your post, it was a good read.

Very well written

This really hits home for me Drb, and I agree with all of it. Being in my 40s now, I want to do the best and be the best I can for as long as I can. Thanks for sharing this with us brother

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

absolutely awesome post... this will help so many in this age category and its good for anyone in general to read... really nice brother... i especially love the last line! LOLLLL thanks as always for the great contributions

Loved this - great read!

I'm on a sarms cycle right now and hoping it will propel me into aas territory - we will see...

But, I have to ask, as a young man of 45 myself - what is wrong with doing flat bench?

Loved this - great read!

I'm on a sarms cycle right now and hoping it will propel me into aas territory - we will see...

But, I have to ask, as a young man of 45 myself - what is wrong with doing flat bench?
It's a terrible movement in many ways on your shoulder and can cause permanent damage.

I am 41 and have pretty much completely abandoned flat BB bench press myself in favor of machines and Dbs for flat presses.

I'll do barbell for incline and decline

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Loved this - great read!

flat bench is going to cause a lot of problems... the benefits are no greater here than with other types of benching, whether seated hammer strength, dumbbells, etc... you are causing so much unnecessary strain on your rotator etc. doing flat bench... its the MOVE overrated exercise in the gym period... if your looking for longevity, i would keep the flat bench to one or two times a month at the most...

Great post drb_iac, getting older is never an excuse. BE SMART.

In for how bench press is BS.

Hey drb-iac....great information as usual bro

Nice to see you back here...keeping things real!

The part about... IF one were to run low dose Tren during a blast caught my eye...you suggested it should be enthanate ....
Can you elaborate as to the reasoning?

Cheers

Another great post as usual... Good to see you back again!

Pharma Lady Rep

Nice write up. I guess I am getting old, F--k. I also like the low doself trends idea. How long do you run your hgh?

Nice write up. I guess I am getting old, F--k. I also like the low doself trends idea. How long do you run your hgh?

I agree..the low dose your self lets you find what is right for you. I only do one aas cycle per year at around 20 weeks , the remainder of the year is hgh,sarms,about 10gms creatine. I don't do trt, so I have to trick myself when getting off cycle...lol.

I saw your post on deca and had to come read this too, as a dude who's approaching 58 this year I appreciate all the quality knowledge I can acquire from the very knowledgeable members here, currently cruising on 200/200 test/deca, I like the idea of blasting amd adding EQ for 20 weeks and that may be the direction I go here shortly, thanks for the info !!

I'm not an older bro yet, but dude... I really enjoyed reading this. Good thread.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I saw your post on deca and had to come read this too, as a dude who's approaching 58 this year I appreciate all the quality knowledge I can acquire from the very knowledgeable members here, currently cruising on 200/200 test/deca, I like the idea of blasting amd adding EQ for 20 weeks and that may be the direction I go here shortly, thanks for the info !!

thats a drb special and thats a method i would highly recommend too... that would be a very ideal way to move into a blast and a very strong combination brother... i would be highly interested in your results... how are you enjoying the test/deca cruise right now?

Top Bottom