napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Do you prefer to cut or bulk?

AsapSlim

Im fairly knew to this and ive done an extreme bulk and ive done a extreme cut! But im wondering, which did i enjoy more or which one was my favorite? Im currently cutting and i do miss eating steaks, asparagus, beef, potatoes, over and over non-stop, as much as i wanted. I enjoy seeing my lats explode with mass and my arms barely fitting into shirts. But then too, i enjoy cutting i mean have some abs right now! Im lean af! Veins popping out when i lift, my skin is like spandex pants wrapped around kim kardashians ass...its tight! But my question is what do you all prefer cutting or bulking?

I don't do either, and I never live in extremes. I believe in slow recomp. Sometimes I may shift to more focus on muscle or more focus on fat loss with small diet changes, but too much one way or the other is not good in my opinion. I stay single digit bodyfat year round and have been continuously growing at a,good rate as well. For me, that's the only way

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

44 is all about the bulk. I do take breaks because I can get kinda big kinda fast and can watch my abs just vanish. Right now I look fantastic, but I wanna find that balance where I can grow like RickRock was describing. However I am my own worst enemy because when I start to grow I get all aggressive with it and falsely believe I need to gain 20 pounds instead of 8-10.

I don't do either, and I never live in extremes. I believe in slow recomp. Sometimes I may shift to more focus on muscle or more focus on fat loss with small diet changes, but too much one way or the other is not good in my opinion. I stay single digit bodyfat year round and have been continuously growing at a,good rate as well. For me, that's the only way

I totally agree! I mean when i first started i was 145 and considered myself a "hard gainer" so i came out guns blazing with the bulk, gained 75 pounds in 11 months. Then i found myself on the heavy side so i had to cut and lost about 35 pds in 6 months. Now that i have a good BASE im going to try your method which i feel is a safer way anyway.

I totally agree! I mean when i first started i was 145 and considered myself a "hard gainer" so i came out guns blazing with the bulk, gained 75 pounds in 11 months. Then i found myself on the heavy side so i had to cut and lost about 35 pds in 6 months. Now that i have a good BASE im going to try your method which i feel is a safer way anyway.

So you weigh 185?

44 is all about the bulk. I do take breaks because I can get kinda big kinda fast and can watch my abs just vanish. Right now I look fantastic, but I wanna find that balance where I can grow like RickRock was describing. However I am my own worst enemy because when I start to grow I get all aggressive with it and falsely believe I need to gain 20 pounds instead of 8-10.

Our bodys/mind says 8-10...but we say ah screw 20-25 should be fine haha

I'm in this camp. I'm not single digit(yet) but I like to eat a comfortable amount. I don't wanna feel hungry or stuffed. A little tweak here or there and I'm gaining muscle or losing fat. Right now I'm eating just below maintenance on a cruise and by the time I blast again in December I should be right where I wanna be bf wise. I've done the heavy bulks and a couple heavy cuts and was miserable on both. To each their own but I'm more about enjoying the journey now instead of rushing to the destination

I'm in this camp. I'm not single digit(yet) but I like to eat a comfortable amount. I don't wanna feel hungry or stuffed. A little tweak here or there and I'm gaining muscle or losing fat. Right now I'm eating just below maintenance on a cruise and by the time I blast again in December I should be right where I wanna be bf wise. I've done the heavy bulks and a couple heavy cuts and was miserable on both. To each their own but I'm more about enjoying the journey now instead of rushing to the destination

I agree bro, my story was one of trial and error. I would never do that again but like i said i did that in such a short time to have a good base.

So do you always eat in a slight deficit?

PHARMA LADY REP

My math was off, weighed 145 then got up to 220 then dropped down to 175 (currently) all extremes that i wouldnt suggest to anyone

Did you get fat? I imagine being 220 then going down to 175 was a mind fuck. I feel small at my weight in my head at least and if I went down to say 200 I'd feel some type of way.

Did you get fat? I imagine being 220 then going down to 175 was a mind fuck. I feel small at my weight in my head at least and if I went down to say 200 I'd feel some type of way.

By the time i got to 220 i was fat and depressed, dont get me wrong all my major compound lifts were up up and away but i looked like shit. So then cut season came around and i got obsessed with having abs and veins...viscious cycle bro haha

i have been up to 210 and a bit higher and i just hated it... i felt so uncomfortable and i just did not enjoy it one bit... i still had very low bf but it was not me whatsoever... i get pretty good size for what im comfortable with in the 190-195 range but even then i get a bit agitated with how i feel... i dont know why, i have no explanation other than that's generally how ive always been... i do love all the added strength with the size, but i just like to feel light however i will not lie one bit, i do have days where its very hard for me with the eating... i mean, i do it all year long... there are many times i want to eat something i could really enjoy but i never let myself anymore... im sure i will at some point especially when i have a child but God bless my wife for dealing with how i have to eat etc... i know that when i do actually go out to eat she gets so happy and i do really have a good time when we do so i would like to be able to do those things more often and i probably will because i do want to enjoy things more but i still like to be as shredded as possible all year round... its just who i am... i want both really.. i just want to feel good in the process bcause what good is it if you don't feel good as well... its a never ending process to find the balance.. i dont care how much one knows etc... its always a trial and error to see what you can and cannot get away with etc...

i have been up to 210 and a bit higher and i just hated it... i felt so uncomfortable and i just did not enjoy it one bit... i still had very low bf but it was not me whatsoever... i get pretty good size for what im comfortable with in the 190-195 range but even then i get a bit agitated with how i feel... i dont know why, i have no explanation other than that's generally how ive always been... i do love all the added strength with the size, but i just like to feel light however i will not lie one bit, i do have days where its very hard for me with the eating... i mean, i do it all year long... there are many times i want to eat something i could really enjoy but i never let myself anymore... im sure i will at some point especially when i have a child but God bless my wife for dealing with how i have to eat etc... i know that when i do actually go out to eat she gets so happy and i do really have a good time when we do so i would like to be able to do those things more often and i probably will because i do want to enjoy things more but i still like to be as shredded as possible all year round... its just who i am... i want both really.. i just want to feel good in the process bcause what good is it if you don't feel good as well... its a never ending process to find the balance.. i dont care how much one knows etc... its always a trial and error to see what you can and cannot get away with etc...

"What good is it if you dont feel good as well" Exactly!

I prefer to bulk, as I like putting on muscle (most things I'm involved in are very physical), but I hate it afterwards when I have to recomp, as I never seem to get a clean bulk.

Top Bottom