napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet help, NEED TO BULK!

utilizor

Hey guys, read the 101 Diet thread. These are my calculations. I also have a couple question.
Most of my days I eat sweet fuck all and I don't notice my weight drop?
Is the 40/40 ratio right for me?
Stats:
Height: 175cm
Weight: 127lbs
Goal: Get massive (As much muscle as possible)

Maintenance cals: 127x15= 1905 maintenance calories
Total Calories needed: 1905+500 per day= 2405 calories
2405x40%= 962 calories from protein
2405x40%= 962 calories from carbs
2405x20%= 481 calories from fat

Thoughts?
Cheers :)

my thoughts add 1000 calories so your at 2900 min per day for a few weeks and see if you gain weight etc . If you haven't gained any add another 500 . Your below weight for your height etc so atm your sole purpose should be getting food in. Ratio looks ok , wouldn't be too worries about fat at the moment as its seems you cant put on any but im sure more experienced guys here will chime in .

From your stats I take that your already a pretty lean/skinny build and that you have a tougher time putting mass on. Honestly man if you can afford it I would go 5,000+ cals if your already a super lean guy. I have many friends with similar stats and they are stuffing their faces to add a pound. My point is that I don’t think you’ll gain much on a 500 calorie surplus. A guy like myself at 5’10 210 needs to do it a little leaner and be careful so I don’t add much fat. What is your body type? What best describes you?

From your stats I take that your already a pretty lean/skinny build and that you have a tougher time putting mass on. Honestly man if you can afford it I would go 5,000+ cals if your already a super lean guy. I have many friends with similar stats and they are stuffing their faces to add a pound. My point is that I don’t think you’ll gain much on a 500 calorie surplus. A guy like myself at 5’10 210 needs to do it a little leaner and be careful so I don’t add much fat. What is your body type? What best describes you?
yeah, this is me
Untitled.jpg
Ectomorph. I eat 1 bean of rice and i'm full for the day.
I barely eat 2,000 calories on the days i try to stuff myself and end up with undigested food..

As mentioned above, you are going to need to eat more to gain mass, however trying to go from eating 2000 cal. to 3000 plus calories is just not realistic for someone like yourself. You are literally going to have to train your body to handle more food a little at a time.

Sounds easy, but for someone like yourself this can be difficult so this may take a little more planning.

First goal, build a meal plan for a 500 calorie surplus..2405 cal. Post up this meal plan here on the forum and we will help you assess it.

Start wh the guidelines given. If after a couple weeks you haven't gained, increase it by another 200-300 etc.

To think you'd need 5k cals is asinine, even with a faster metabolism. I've been where you are. When I was 20 I wasn't much more than you on the scale. You'll get it dialed in. Just track and weigh everything

Start wh the guidelines given. If after a couple weeks you haven't gained, increase it by another 200-300 etc.

To think you'd need 5k cals is asinine, even with a faster metabolism. I've been where you are. When I was 20 I wasn't much more than you on the scale. You'll get it dialed in. Just track and weigh everything

What are your thoughts on this?

CARBS: 250 G PER DAY.
PROTEIN: 167 G PER DAY.
FATS: 62 G PER DAY.

Meal 1. 9AM -- 1 24g scoop of protein, 75g oats, 2.5g creatine, 10g almonds, water (24G PROTEIN, 38G CARB, 5G FAT)

Meal 2. 11AM -- 50g chicken, 50g brown rice, 30g vegetables (8G PROTEIN, 38G CARB 9G FAT)

Meal 3. 1PM -- 50g chicken, 50g brown rice, 30g vegetables (8G PROTEIN, 38G CARB 9G FAT)

Meal 4. 3PM. -- 50g chicken, 50g brown rice, 30g vegetables (8G PROTEIN, 38G CARB 9G FAT)

POST WORKOUT Meal 5. 5PM -- 1 24g scoop of protein, 2.5g creatine, 75g oats, water (24G PROTEIN, 38G CARB)

Meal 6. 7:30PM. 250g eye fillet steak, brown rice 75g (63G PROTEIN, 57G CARB, 47G FAT)

Meal 7. 10-11PM

1 cup of milk
12g carbs
8g protein

1 cup of cottage cheese:
8-10g carbs
26g protein

50 grams of chicken? are you serious? thats like four bites... im not sure how you expect to gain any weight with this kind of diet whatsoever... 167 grams of protein? 4 oz. of chicken is 1 serving... thats 112 grams... thats even a really really really small portion.. 50 grams of chicken isnt even half of one serving... i dont eat much at all, i know that but i would want to cry if i only had 50 grams of chicken

Dude from your pics you metabolism is a furnace. I guess you can try 3,000 cals which puts you well over maintenance. Honestly man with your build I would just stuff your face as much as you can. Like I said I have friends with similar builds even ones that weigh more and they are eating everything they can just to gain a pound. That’s how I see it, everyone is going to have their own opinions but I would invest in tons of food. I would keep protein higher around 200+ and keep your carbs high as well

Thanks for posting OP. Couple of things here:

FATS: 62 G PER DAY

Adds up to 2230 calories. However, in your meal plan, the totals are 169P, 269C and 79F which totals 2463.

Questions:

Any particular reason you are eating 7 very small meals a day? Is this so you can get your calories in without feeling stuffed all the time?

As pointed out, what is with the 50grams of chicken in meals 2-4? This is a lot of meal prep work for not much in the way of food. Is there a possibility you could combine Meals 2-4 into just 2 meals?

Meal 1 - Do you have access to a kitchen for this meal or are you on the go? Do you eat eggs?

First of congrats on coming in here looking for diet help and not drugs. Second I'm the same body type as you and I too struggle to eat all of those calories. What worked for me was splitting meals up. I'm talking 400-500 per meal 6 to 8 times a day. Being the body type you are you can get away with a bit more healthy fats like pb and olive oil. And once you get this down and force yourself your body will adapt and you'll have an easier time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting OP. Couple of things here:

FATS: 62 G PER DAY

Adds up to 2230 calories. However, in your meal plan, the totals are 169P, 269C and 79F which totals 2463.

Questions:

Any particular reason you are eating 7 very small meals a day? Is this so you can get your calories in without feeling stuffed all the time?

As pointed out, what is with the 50grams of chicken in meals 2-4? This is a lot of meal prep work for not much in the way of food. Is there a possibility you could combine Meals 2-4 into just 2 meals?

Meal 1 - Do you have access to a kitchen for this meal or are you on the go? Do you eat eggs?
When I was doing this last year, I was having 3 big meals and I was getting undigestive food...
Yeah I can combine it if it works out better..

First of congrats on coming in here looking for diet help and not drugs. Second I'm the same body type as you and I too struggle to eat all of those calories. What worked for me was splitting meals up. I'm talking 400-500 per meal 6 to 8 times a day. Being the body type you are you can get away with a bit more healthy fats like pb and olive oil. And once you get this down and force yourself your body will adapt and you'll have an easier time.

well said and excellent advice

Cheers mate! Will try it.

Top Bottom