napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting carbs on off days

m555zma

I've decided to cut carbs on off days. Not all carbs but the majority, Becuase I'm putting on too much fat. It seems to me I should load up on carbs when I'm going to burn them in the gym. No need to load up on carbs on off days because it might convert to fat..
Is this right ?

If you’re putting on too much fat, then you’re either eating too much (most likely), or your macros are off.
What are you taking in? Calories and macros?
I’ve seen lots of people just cut carbs in half on non training days.

I've decided to cut carbs on off days. Not all carbs but the majority, Becuase I'm putting on too much fat. It seems to me I should load up on carbs when I'm going to burn them in the gym. No need to load up on carbs on off days because it might convert to fat..
Is this right ?

Yes, on days you don't train your caloric expenditure is much lower, and your caloric requirements for protein synthesis from muscle breakdown are lower, so you need a lot less carbs and overall calories in general.

I probably take in around 200-250g of carbs on training days but off days like weekends it may be 100-150 on carbs. I even keep my protein intake slightly lower on off days at just over a gram per pound (200g) and training days it's closer to 1.5g per pound (300g)

Many people generally do take in less total calories on non training days... what does your diet look like??

Top Bottom