napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cross fit or Cross fail?

Fitness is fitness. Athletes are athletes. Ya think guys in the NFL talk shit about guys in the NBA? For the most part they do not. There's a certain fraternity.

Agreed on Rick's point, Crossfit should be done in a crossfit specific facility.

In for Taylor Swift.

hey i already told you that the lifts in crossfit, like deads, cleans, etc. all good lifts i have no problems with that. the problem i have is with the people and how much of a FAD it has become. i cannot stand FADS and 90% of crossfitters are too FADDY for me thats what bugs me. just type crossfit into google pics. the guys will be topless with shorts on and probably a headband. the girls will be standard sports bra and too short underarmor shorts. and crossfit causes a TON of mishaps because of stupid people trying to throw up big numbers. 1 rep maxing anything is dangerous. if you are a competing powerlifter i understand why you train for 1RM BUT if you 1RM for fun or to "get into shape" then i think it is stupid and dangerous. there are much better ways to get "in shape" besides doing a 1RM of an overhead squat or deadlift lol.. and again combine the stupid environment and dangerous lifts with 90% people that are FADDY (faddy means they do it because its popular and they are dumb and inexperienced) and that = an environment that BREEDS morons. again i say 90%, there are some crossfitters who are smart lifters and not faddy, i respect that. but we are talking general populace here. so again the problem i have is not with crossfit persay, its with the FADDY people.

and i have this same discrimination against BBing too so i am not biased. for BBing its spaghetti string tanks and wearing crap that is under armour or Bodybuilding.com or TOTALNutrition, etc. walking around with invisible lat syndrome after you finish a set of bench, etc. SO again its the same thing for me. true BBing doesnt give TWO PISS about clothes or appearances, they come to the gym in ratty sweats, because who wants to pay 40 dollars for an underarmour shirt that is going to get nasty and dirty at gym? I will tell you who, FADDY people same as crossfit. i wear sweats and a hoodie, keep that hood up and the IPOD cranked and KILL the weights. i dont have time for all this fad bullcrap i got a physique to build.

Cross fad?
hey i already told you that the lifts in crossfit, like deads, cleans, etc. all good lifts i have no problems with that. the problem i have is with the people and how much of a FAD it has become. i cannot stand FADS and 90% of crossfitters are too FADDY for me thats what bugs me. just type crossfit into google pics. the guys will be topless with shorts on and probably a headband. the girls will be standard sports bra and too short underarmor shorts. and crossfit causes a TON of mishaps because of stupid people trying to throw up big numbers. 1 rep maxing anything is dangerous. if you are a competing powerlifter i understand why you train for 1RM BUT if you 1RM for fun or to "get into shape" then i think it is stupid and dangerous. there are much better ways to get "in shape" besides doing a 1RM of an overhead squat or deadlift lol.. and again combine the stupid environment and dangerous lifts with 90% people that are FADDY (faddy means they do it because its popular and they are dumb and inexperienced) and that = an environment that BREEDS morons. again i say 90%, there are some crossfitters who are smart lifters and not faddy, i respect that. but we are talking general populace here. so again the problem i have is not with crossfit persay, its with the FADDY people.

and i have this same discrimination against BBing too so i am not biased. for BBing its spaghetti string tanks and wearing crap that is under armour or Bodybuilding.com or TOTALNutrition, etc. walking around with invisible lat syndrome after you finish a set of bench, etc. SO again its the same thing for me. true BBing doesnt give TWO PISS about clothes or appearances, they come to the gym in ratty sweats, because who wants to pay 40 dollars for an underarmour shirt that is going to get nasty and dirty at gym? I will tell you who, FADDY people same as crossfit. i wear sweats and a hoodie, keep that hood up and the IPOD cranked and KILL the weights. i dont have time for all this fad bullcrap i got a physique to build.

Cross fit. I watch the Cross Fit Games and the athletes are pretty impressive. I think it has done life. Whatever it takes to keep moving. Variety is good.

I'd crawl to the Crossfit games for ONE shot @ Julie Foucher.

Me talking to her; "So, are you on Adrenaline Rush?"

I'd crawl to the Crossfit games for ONE shot @ Julie Foucher.

Me talking to her; "So, are you on Adrenaline Rush?"
She is now...

40cc55ad485fcd17444eaba26c1df298.jpg

Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't do it but to say its not challenging would be a lie. In my opinion strength sports athletes (strongman, powerlifting, olympic lifting) would have an easier time with it (and still struggle) than bodybuilders/recreational gym goers would. It'll get you in shape and have you shredded for sure. Is it the most educated approach to training? No definitely not, but shitting on it isn't really right either, especially since it has 1000x more exposure than anything else in the gym world. Plus they've got some hot chicks. And to be honest, bodybuilding is way easier to make fun of than crossfit.

Great point bro. All the powerlifters im friends with make fun of me and I really dont have a defense. Crossfit is tough but its not for me really

All I have to say about crossfit is...Pull ups.
If you dont now what I mean look up how the pull ups are done.
Now I do think you can get fit and strong at a GOOD CF gym.
But I would not just zoom through strength exercises like a lot of them do.
It is a good way to get hurt. Permanently.
But again, with the right people teaching, it can be cool.
I prefer the OCR method, but to each their own.

I think the difference is about mass, I dont get the impression crossfit is about being big per se.. whereas BB is about well.. body building.. is this site paleo? nonomnomnom

For me the pull ups is about functional strength but if you are cheating them you are not going to have the same ability as if you do them properly.
For instance, in a lot of OCR's i go to people can not even get over a 10 foot wall or a rope climb without help. And they are wearing their Crossfit Gym name on the tshirts!!
No bullshit!
Not all of course, but enough to say, dang that aint right.

However you gotta get it. I live with a pure boxer - state champ and I'm a cycling freak. Whatever it takes to stay lean and mean do t. I personally don't like cross fit but I see people that do and if their staying fit that's cool with me.

I was inspired by a recent thread,, cross fit people rub me the wrong way.. is it a fad,, hear to stay?,, is it cool? should I be at the crossfail i mean fit gym? whats your guys/ girls take on it?

Here is the deal bro.I did crossfit when boxing season would be over.There are a million versions of it.BUT try skipping rope for just 30 seconds. Not easy right? So I did 4 sets of 3 minutes. Now try slamming on a heavy bag for 30 seconds. Not easy...I did 4 sets of 3 minutes.Sprints 100's, 200's. If you do it correctly you will be in the best shape of your life. It is kind of like saying basketball players are skinny and not in as good of shape as you are. So who was in better shape..Lebron James or arnold? See...it is what you like. Most on this board like to be big with big muscles, but don't think gymnasts are not in shape. Ever watch American Ninja Warrior? Think they are in shape...for sure

Top Bottom