domestic-supply

sarms.forsale
bannednutrition

napsgear
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoulders

Shoulders

What's some good exercises to grow shoulders and get that cannon ball look. I've been doin a finisher set at the end of every workout of side laterals two sets burnouts and some rear delts 2 sets burnout. Is this a good idea or just stick to shoulders 1 or 2 times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it's my opinion that you can't neglect heavy over head shoulder presses when needing to put mass on your delts. Then, later on I will do some front and lateral raises, focusing on the eccentric part of the lift and usually step down my weight until burnout with like 5 or 10lb dumb bells. I do front and mid delts on my push days and blast my rear delts on pull days. I really like to start my push day with as heavy of shoulder presses as possible. Then progress to chest and delts.

Regardless, you need to give these muscle groups time to properly repair and recover. You can't cheat that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Man it's my opinion that you can't neglect heavy over head shoulder presses when needing to put mass on your delts. Then, later on I will do some front and lateral raises, focusing on the eccentric part of the lift and usually step down my weight until burnout with like 5 or 10lb dumb bells. I do front and mid delts on my push days and blast my rear delts on pull days. I really like to start my push day with as heavy of shoulder presses as possible. Then progress to chest and delts.

Regardless, you need to give these muscle groups time to properly repair and recover. You can't cheat that fact.
    That's true man. Gotta rest them up. I always go extra heavy on shoulder day and usually hit them with 5 different exercises. It's just a goal of mine to have massive shoulders

Yeah, my delts grow slowly but steadily. It's a process. I enjoy certain rows for my rear delts. But my favorite day is when I can get a partner with me in the gym to lift max weight for low rep on shoulder presses. I really enjoy the challenge and burn of the over head press.

I also enjoy burning out on a bench at a smith machine sitting facing parellel to the bar and doing one armed over head press with moderate weight and immediately hitting the opposite side back and forth no rest. It really recruits for me every bit of muscle fiber in my delt and by the end of my 3rd set they're on fire, full and just about spent.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Yeah, my delts grow slowly but steadily. It's a process. I enjoy certain rows for my rear delts. But my favorite day is when I can get a partner with me in the gym to lift max weight for low rep on shoulder presses. I really enjoy the challenge and burn of the over head press.

I also enjoy burning out on a bench at a smith machine sitting facing parellel to the bar and doing one armed over head press with moderate weight and immediately hitting the opposite side back and forth no rest. It really recruits for me every bit of muscle fiber in my delt and by the end of my 3rd set they're on fire, full and just about spent.
    Hell yeah im gonna have to try that smith machine approach. I bet that does burn real good. Thanks man

When I wanted to bring up my delts and even to this day I train them everyday I workout. Front, side and rear laterals... 5-7 sets each every time I train. Days I actually have shoulders on the rotation involve additional exercises. My delts are decent if you've seen one of my videos.

Quote Originally Posted by 44YOGearHead View Post
    When I wanted to bring up my delts and even to this day I train them everyday I workout. Front, side and rear laterals... 5-7 sets each every time I train. Days I actually have shoulders on the rotation involve additional exercises. My delts are decent if you've seen one of my videos.

Hell yes I have. I would love to have delts like yours, although your 30" arms make them look smaller than they are. I know with lower body fat they will show more as well so I'll just keep at it and constantly switch up my routines

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGemelli View Post
    I'll have to save this for a shoulders only day. I've been supersetting for a while now with cardio before to keep dropping weight. But that's definitely a good shoulder day routine, thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetjones View Post
    I'll have to save this for a shoulders only day. I've been supersetting for a while now with cardio before to keep dropping weight. But that's definitely a good shoulder day routine, thanks man!

anytime brother!