napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Whole chicken

Same. I used to get the 10 pound bags of Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts but they had rib meat and tons of fat on them so I switched to these 6.5 pound bags of chicken breasts (same brand) that are individually wrapped. A bit pricier but there's less waste so I think the cost is about the same. Apparently you can buy actual bulk chicken breasts for even cheaper but need to commit to like 50+ pounds. Maybe if I get a giant freezer I'll do that one day.

By the way, you guys should try this sauce out if you like General Gau's/Tso's chicken: View attachment 2231 I usually throw some on grilled chicken and it tastes great with rice.
I love that sauce but way too much sodium for me. Like 240mg in 2 tbsp. ..doesnt sound like much for most people but gotta watch the blood pressure....refuse to go on pills and control it pretty well naturally.

I love that sauce but way too much sodium for me. Like 240mg in 2 tbsp. ..doesnt sound like much for most people but gotta watch the blood pressure....refuse to go on pills and control it pretty well naturally.

Does your BP actually go up when you increase your salt intake? Not everyone is salt sensitive and their BP will change by less than 5% on high sodium diets.

Bro I take celery extract n Hawthorne berry for bp..I could eat salt all day with no problems if I wanted too. That Shit works great

Does your BP actually go up when you increase your salt intake? Not everyone is salt sensitive and their BP will change by less than 5% on high sodium diets.
Yeah...it does...it's crazy...if I go nuts for a week and shoot the sodium up...by Sat of that week my BP can be anywhere from 20-30 higher....doctor had me test this out....it sucks....EVERYTHING is loaded with sodium. If I keep it low and don't drink alcohol, I am fine.....well as fine as I can be at my weight and body fat....130/80 or so...I take tons of herbs herbs and tea celery seed, hawthorne, white tea, red hibiscus, krill oil, omega 3, etc....etc...I seem to control it pretty well

Yeah...it does...it's crazy...if I go nuts for a week and shoot the sodium up...by Sat of that week my BP can be anywhere from 20-30 higher....doctor had me test this out....it sucks....EVERYTHING is loaded with sodium. If I keep it low and don't drink alcohol, I am fine.....well as fine as I can be at my weight and body fat....130/80 or so...I take tons of herbs herbs and tea celery seed, hawthorne, white tea, red hibiscus, krill oil, omega 3, etc....etc...I seem to control it pretty well

Damn, it seems to have zero effect on me, I still follow a relatively low sodium diet anyways. 130/80 isn't too bad, especially at 280-290 I think you said you were. Glad you have control of it :)

Hell that isn't too bad
Nah your missing out on dem der chickens....

Idk they are like 5 or 6 at kroger or walmart. I get them from Market Street and they are like 10 or 11. Organic will be a little pricy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm going to test that out next weekend after eating this sauce every day. Usually around 130-140 over 70-80. Curious if/how it will effect me.
People with hypertension are recommended to keep sodium under 1500mg a day but for those with normal BP 2300mg is fine. Furthermore, strength athletes and endurance athletes can go up to 3400mg with no issues. So unless you use a whole bottle, you probably won't notice much...lol

Damn, it seems to have zero effect on me, I still follow a relatively low sodium diet anyways. 130/80 isn't too bad, especially at 280-290 I think you said you were. Glad you have control of it :)
Yeah..it's taken awhile to get it under control...at 290 a year ago it was around 160/110

If your training hard and dping some cardio and drinking at least a gallon of water a day and most of your food is fresh and not processed crap in a package then your gonna have a hard time getting too much sodium its really only a problem for the average person who is sedintary doesnt drink water and eats all proccesed crap and fast food

Yup...I yank the skin off them and go to town...A year or so ago, when I was bulking I was eating 2-3 chickens like that a day....I am at about 9k-10k calories a day right now but kinda gave up on the poultry. ...it just doesn't fill me up the same as beef or buffalo

wtf are you training for SUMO? lol holy fuck 2 to 3 chickens a day? man that is crazy

wtf are you training for SUMO? lol holy fuck 2 to 3 chickens a day? man that is crazy
Lol...lol....I stay pretty steady around 290 or 300 lbs. ...I eat about 9k calories a day 450 protein or so a day...compete in powerlifting and amateur strongman. ..I am friggin ALWAYS hungry...it sucks

Lol...lol....I stay pretty steady around 290 or 300 lbs. ...I eat about 9k calories a day 450 protein or so a day...compete in powerlifting and amateur strongman. ..I am friggin ALWAYS hungry...it sucks

Yup... Sounds about right... Strongmen can put away some fucking food. Just look up some vids on Robert Oberst lol. Fucking caveman, club swinging freak.

Yup... Sounds about right... Strongmen can put away some fucking food. Just look up some vids on Robert Oberst lol. Fucking caveman, club swinging freak.
Oh yeah....I have seen a few videos. ...I am a dwarf compared to most strongmen. ...I do ok in my weight class as an amateur in powerlifting but, while I am trying hard, don't think I'll ever be able to compete with those guys...I am too old but it's fun and I love training and competing so I plan to do it until my body stops

It seems like when I get them they are too greasy sometimes. So I tend to shy away from them

Greasy..too much salt,garlic salt,onion salt,probably msg. Try just boiling it the chicken.Not as scrumtious? I wonder why? Those things dont touch my hands or lips.

Greasy..too much salt,garlic salt,onion salt,probably msg. Try just boiling it the chicken.Not as scrumtious? I wonder why? Those things dont touch my hands or lips.

Summed up perfectly... Check the labels on these... They are so terrible for you... I stick with organic chicken tenderloins or hand trimmed breasts... Honestly i have 8oz of lean white ground chicken per day

Talk about water retention. Those suckers have EASILY 3500mg of sodium... if not more. I prefer whole breast grilled up with some onions and pepper. 16oz a day or so is good for me. Plus you save more.

Summed up perfectly... Check the labels on these... They are so terrible for you... I stick with organic chicken tenderloins or hand trimmed breasts... Honestly i have 8oz of lean white ground chicken per day

See I go the turkey route. I don't really touch the other dirty birds.
Tuna.... wish I could but I just cant do creatures of the sea. Bad experience as a kid I guess lol. Got some of that ghetto tuna that had some bones and scales in it... Never again man never again. I can do Mahi Mahi but thats about it.
I do eat a lot of Bison, beef Kangaroo, venison and elk. I go with wilder leaner meets and then fill in the gaps with lean turkey and some times mahi mahi. If im feeling a little crazy...
Its actually maybe once every couple weeks I will even touch a chicken.

See I go the turkey route. I don't really touch the other dirty birds.
Tuna.... wish I could but I just cant do creatures of the sea. Bad experience as a kid I guess lol. Got some of that ghetto tuna that had some bones and scales in it... Never again man never again. I can do Mahi Mahi but thats about it.
I do eat a lot of Bison, beef Kangaroo, venison and elk. I go with wilder leaner meets and then fill in the gaps with lean turkey and some times mahi mahi. If im feeling a little crazy...
Its actually maybe once every couple weeks I will even touch a chicken.

funny, i lived in hawaii and they always ate mahi mahi and i flat out just dont care for it... i eat like every other fish but salmon, unless my wife makes it because she does things to mask the taste but i love halibut, cod, pollock, flounder, SCALLOPS, shrimp, lobster, crab, orange roughy, pink snapper etc... pretty much all white fish... we had the most incredible sea bass for my wifes birthday the other night too...

i eat a can of tuna a day... guaranteed... love it but these whole chickens are horrible... almightyalpha pointed out the sodium too which is spot on... it is horrible... they should be ashamed for even selling these...

Top Bottom