napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

RedMorkai's Transformation Contest Log

When I start to cut my clothes fit me different that's what messes with me! I agree we are our own worst critics!
Yeah, I tried on 4 pairs of my own jeans all too big. Then I had to go back in the mirror to see if I looked like a twig.. I know exactly where your coming from with change!!!!

Been kind of plateauing on my weight for the last 10 days. I think I've improved a little in conditioning based on mirror though, not much. I'm trying to not let it bug me too much mentally, and in hopes that the scale will begin to move again soon. I'm having the same amount of calories but I am pushing the running more this week, so you would think more fat loss in theory. I'm thinking it might be the new use of muscles from the dramatic increase in running I'm doing, maybe they're holding more water for repair and maybe even making some new muscles. I actually feel like I gained a little thickness iliopsoas and maybe the glute medius (top front/side of hip). I've definitely been seeing more vascularity in the quads. Here's a pic from a couple days ago:

kdjtix.jpg

BTW I hate loose skin. I hope that tightens in the coming months. Or I'll just have to grow some huge ass lats to pull the skin up! lol

Finally the scale the moved down like it was supposed to today. Been hanging the same weight(170.0-170.6) all week, even had a slight increase, it didn't make much sense so I tried not to let it bug me too much. This morning down to 168.4. 10.2lbs down from the start.

I'm going to start increasing my calories this week, about 500 more by the end of the week. I still think I'll lose similar weight even with such an increase, but I'm still pushing the cardio and I want to start moving food intake towards a surplus. This will allow me to swing there easy when it comes time. I don't like to go from cut straight to a bulk.

Finally the scale the moved down like it was supposed to today. Been hanging the same weight(170.0-170.6) all week, even had a slight increase, it didn't make much sense so I tried not to let it bug me too much. This morning down to 168.4. 10.2lbs down from the start.

I'm going to start increasing my calories this week, about 500 more by the end of the week. I still think I'll lose similar
weight even with such an increase, but I'm still pushing the cardio and I want to start moving food intake towards a surplus. This will allow me to swing there easy when it comes time. I don't like to go from cut straight to a bulk.
Nice job man,, just go the lean way, so no room for error 100-150 cals a time . Don't learn the hard way like me . I bloated up bad 3 mos ago trying to bulk!!!!

Nice job man,, just go the lean way, so no room for error 100-150 cals a time . Don't learn the hard way like me . I bloated up bad 3 mos ago trying to bulk!!!!

Thanks. I'm going to try to keep it very lean. My long term goal is to gain 10-15lbs with hopefully only a 1-2%bf gain by September.

Thanks. I'm going to try to keep it very lean. My long term goal is to gain 10-15lbs with hopefully only a 1-2%bf gain by September.

You should have let me know earlier, I would have gave you mine that I lost!! Lol, But I plan on putting them back on slow & lean too.

I've been having some slight ankle soreness the last couple days. I did an hour of elliptical today just to give it some rest. I felt like maybe I could've ran on it but didn't want to push it. Iced it after, hopefully it makes a quick recovery.

Looking forward to doing some heavy ass deadlifts today!

I've been having some slight ankle soreness the last couple days. I did an hour of elliptical today just to give it some rest. I felt like maybe I could've ran on it but didn't want to push it. Iced it after, hopefully it makes a quick recovery.

Looking forward to doing some heavy ass deadlifts today!

Hope the ankle gets better!!! Hope you have a good workout!

Been kind of plateauing on my weight for the last 10 days. I think I've improved a little in conditioning based on mirror though, not much. I'm trying to not let it bug me too much mentally, and in hopes that the scale will begin to move again soon. I'm having the same amount of calories but I am pushing the running more this week, so you would think more fat loss in theory. I'm thinking it might be the new use of muscles from the dramatic increase in running I'm doing, maybe they're holding more water for repair and maybe even making some new muscles. I actually feel like I gained a little thickness iliopsoas and maybe the glute medius (top front/side of hip). I've definitely been seeing more vascularity in the quads. Here's a pic from a couple days ago:

kdjtix.jpg

Looking good man. Those arm veins are popping!

Hope the ankle gets better!!! Hope you have a good workout!

It's feeling quite a bit better today. I still did elliptical and probably will do that or the bike for another day or 2 to play it safe. I got a new weight/volume PR on deadlifts yesterday but noticed some ankle irritation after the last set but it went away rather quickly.

Looking good man. Those arm veins are popping!

Thanks man! Appreciate it. You're doing a fantastic job with strength gains.

Good job!! What was your new PR? Physique looks good! Big difference

It was 395 for 5, 5, 6, 6, 6. I could've gotten another 1 or 2 on the last set, it was feeling pretty easy. I usually lift in the 2-5 range so am often lifting a slightly heavier but this surprised me. I always seem to be able to hold onto my deadlift strength during a cut but my military press and bench go waaay down and squat usually suffers some too. This is actually the first time dropping weight that squat didn't go down. I'm sure you laugh at 395 haha.

It was 395 for 5, 5, 6, 6, 6. I could've gotten another 1 or 2 on the last set, it was feeling pretty easy. I usually lift in the 2-5 range so am often lifting a slightly heavier but this surprised me. I always seem to be able to hold onto my deadlift strength during a cut but my military press and bench go waaay down and squat usually suffers some too. This is actually the first time dropping weight that squat didn't go down. I'm sure you laugh at 395 haha.

Great job brother!!! I laugh at nothing brother your journey is exactly that your journey and I thinks it's amazing when anyone can push themselves to do a little bit better!! Great job bro!! What intrigues me is how you lose strength on the military and bench!!

Great job brother!!! I laugh at nothing brother your journey is exactly that your journey and I thinks it's amazing when anyone can push themselves to do a little bit better!! Great job bro!! What intrigues me is how you lose strength on the military and bench!!

This is very true! I think it's from potentially pushing the cut too fast, I was pretty plump when I first joined this community. It always comes back almost immediately once I begin to eat again though, so I know it's only temporary.

This is very true! I think it's from potentially pushing the cut too fast, I was pretty plump when I first joined this community. It always comes back almost immediately once I begin to eat again though, so I know it's only temporary.

Hmmm interesting! What's your favorite exercises?

Oh man that's tough! I love so many! Deadlift and Bench are my top two. But squats and military are right behind though. I guess I like my compounds.

What are yours?

I don't really have a favorite but if I had to pick it would be squats!! The reason I was asking is a lot of the times we can get mentally motivated with the exercises that we like to do and often lack motivation for the ones we don't like! So when my energy is low from cutting or just life I know I have to be on point with my mental game!!

Top Bottom