napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

RedMorkai's Transformation Contest Log

Awesome job!!!!! I'm jelly lol....really though you very dedicated and it shows!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think the research will be good but nothing take the place of knowing what works for your body through experimentation and gauging results with each phase.

Yup, completely agree. I know many of the generally ideas behind it, but I really need to give it a good read to get some of the nuances. I'm sure there will be even things mentioned that I've thought about and will only offer more clarity on the subject. I'm going to start looking into more seriously starting tomorrow. Can never have enough knowledge.

Even though I'm cleared on doing a cycle, I've decided to finish this transformation with just my trt dose. I'm happy with my progress as of late and I don't really think it'll have much time to fully kick in to help me much in the contest. I welcome the challenge anyways, it'll only make me work that much harder!

I've been phasing in more calories for 11 days now, adding about 80cals a day. I know it's a little bit fast but as you can see by graph I've been dropping weight pretty rapidly still.

Yes, it's hard to write my routine up definitively as I really do a lot of minor variations and I'm constantly finding myself making slight tweaks often. I have 2 philosophies when I'm progressing each week. I first try to mix heavy days for continuing to develop my strength and CNS with volume/pump days for hypertrophy gains. I couldn't do the heavy 6 days a week anyways. I also try not to push 100% every single time I lift, this can be challenging to hold yourself back sometimes haha. There are times I'll have a really good heavy lift day I'll hold back slightly the following session depending how I'm feeling. I feel like this keeps the muscles stimulated and helps me hit the lifts hard the following heavy session. I really need to research this as I'm really coming up with most of this on my own through experimentation. I even have a couple books addressing this but I've been too busy and lazy to read them haha.

I agree on the varying routine. All my workouts revolve around the key lifts, but I rotate out the auxiliary exercises almost weekly. I am still figuring out the right balance between volume and intensity as this seems to be ever changing as my lifts increase. I have just come to the realization in the past 3-4 months I can not go 100% all the time..so I am learning when to push and when to dial it back. I have also learned I cant deadlift HEAVY every week, it is just to hard on me. I suppose I could, but would need to significantly lower my volume. I hear you on the books, I can read all day long about periodization, but retain relatively no useful information. I do better watching videos.

Interested to see your progression into a surplus.

I agree on the varying routine. All my workouts revolve around the key lifts, but I rotate out the auxiliary exercises almost weekly. I am still figuring out the right balance between volume and intensity as this seems to be ever changing as my lifts increase. I have just come to the realization in the past 3-4 months I can not go 100% all the time..so I am learning when to push and when to dial it back. I have also learned I cant deadlift HEAVY every week, it is just to hard on me. I suppose I could, but would need to significantly lower my volume. I hear you on the books, I can read all day long about periodization, but retain relatively no useful information. I do better watching videos.

Interested to see your progression into a surplus.

Ya I do the videos as well. I run my own business out of my home so I often find myself listening to them while I work.

I'm interested to see how this bulk goes too, I've been cutting for way too long it seems haha!

Calories are still climbing, I'm up to 3400 today. It's starting to get more difficult to consume all the same foods I had been during the cut and get enough calories in. The nice thing is I'll start feeling more inclined to eat things like nuts, PB, beans, avocados etc. which I had previously kept to minimum during the cut. Also my strength is definitely starting to pick up!

Calories are still climbing, I'm up to 3400 today. It's starting to get more difficult to consume all the same foods I had been during the cut and get enough calories in. The nice thing is I'll start feeling more inclined to eat things like nuts, PB, beans, avocados etc. which I had previously kept to minimum during the cut. Also my strength is definitely starting to pick up!

3400 calories of clean food is a good amount of volume. Approximately where do you have your macros?

Even though I'm cleared on doing a cycle, I've decided to finish this transformation with just my trt dose. I'm happy with my progress as of late and I don't really think it'll have much time to fully kick in to help me much in the contest. I welcome the challenge anyways, it'll only make me work that much harder!
I like your mentality!!

3400 calories of clean food is a good amount of volume. Approximately where do you have your macros?

Pretty much 225P now, that didn't climb much though. The fats and carbs I can't say I'm super strict about hitting same number everyday but it doesn't vary a ton either, the last few days I recorded for fat 110, 120, 120 and for carbs had 335 340 355. I've been climbing right about 80 calories a day for the past 11 days.

Nice update definitely love me some avocado!!! [emoji4]

The nuts, PB and beans were the hardest things to give up for me going into the cut. They just have so many damn calories in them lol

I swear this whole lifestyle is much more difficult mentally than it is physically. I'm now at 3700 calories and I consume that plus anything I burn from doing cardio, so I'm well over 4k most days now. After cardio today(6 miles) I was down to 165.2; I've gained basically no weight this week. I'm going to continue with the original 3700+cardio plan for another week and see how the weight is looking then maybe adjust up slightly more.

I swear this whole lifestyle is much more difficult mentally than it is physically. I'm now at 3700 calories and I consume that plus anything I burn from doing cardio, so I'm well over 4k most days now. After cardio today(6 miles) I was down to 165.2; I've gained basically no weight this week. I'm going to continue with the original 3700+cardio plan for another week and see how the weight is looking then maybe adjust up slightly more.
Oh I hear you on this!!! Completely is. Maybe drop some of your cardio down?? I can't remember where you are with cardio at this point but maybe do a little less?

Oh I hear you on this!!! Completely is. Maybe drop some of your cardio down?? I can't remember where you are with cardio at this point but maybe do a little less?

Ya I might have to. I really rather not. I had to last time I bulked when I was on cycle. I was eating over 5k calories with no cardio and still struggled to gain weight, was annoying lol. I was on pharma hgh during that cycle though, I'm sure that helped.

Ya I might have to. I really rather not. I had to last time I bulked when I was on cycle. I was eating over 5k calories with no cardio and still struggled to gain weight, was annoying lol. I was on pharma hgh during that cycle though, I'm sure that helped.
That's what I did, reduce cardio / losing more weight even after reduction. But I'm close to 10% ,I think?? Once below, I'm slowly raising calories & increase cardio, if needed!!! 4000 cal, that's what made me get thrown off the scale???

That's what I did, reduce cardio / losing more weight even after reduction. But I'm close to 10% ,I think?? Once below, I'm slowly raising calories & increase cardio, if needed!!! 4000 cal, that's what made me get thrown off the scale???

Missed this reply. Ya I'm going to do all I can not to drop the cardio. I'll add some dirty food ontop of my clean before dropping the cardio.

You're doing awesome on your cut, I'm jealous how fast you make progress with that haha.

Top Bottom