napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

wife is calling us names

Jake

So on Christmas day I am with my dad and 3 brothers, dad's sister and dad's 2 brothers. None of us are less than 6 feet tall. We were taling about how to get a fat belly in the bicep. In walks my wife who is a cyclist and triathlete...a big 5'3 and 109lbs. She tells me ,dad and borthers that we have Bigorexia. No matter how much muscle we get or how good we look we are still never satisfied. I ask you...should we be? Or do we keep working for perfection? Is this a mental problem...lol?

So this reminds me of about one year ago. I am helping my dad write an article for the Livestrong website. We are at my brother's house and he walks in with his white crew socks and boxer underwear. He says hey Dad, Jake...check out my legs. He rolls his boxers up into a speedo..lol. I said they look great...let me snap a pic.
I said pull your shirt off and lets put some abs in this. He says no way...his abs are not there yet.
Yes...we are an afflicted group aren't we. He does not like his abs. I posted his pic a while back and he never forgave me because of his abs. Guess what cycle he s on? 200/200 + winny

Isaiah.jpg

I believe at a certain point body dismorphia comes into play. I'm not even close to that yet but I think a lot of pros are there. Nothing will ever be good enough. I can't be too strong or too fast of a car lol.

You guys are insane! lol Boy I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that house! He's shredded!

It's the truth. No matter what we accomplish, and what we achieve, we always strive for more. We all want perfection, which is unattainable so it is a never ending mission of progression.....and I'm perfectly fine with that lol

When you have guys like mr. Olympia and the others we all know who compete and/or are at a level that take so much time and hard work, it's hard to not have such a high standard for ourselves. My GF says she feels good when she compares herself to the a arrange person, yet I feel sub-par because I compare myself to the best. I will never feel big enough or cut enough I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Www.expressdomesticapache.com
[email protected]

It's true. Once you are satisfied, you become complacent. However, I don't see "never being satisfied" as necessarily a bad thing as it constantly means striving to be better. There are pros and cons. For one, you will always be working towards more in life regardless of what the endevour may be, many will view this as success and being hungry for more. The downside, are you ever going to be truly happy? There's good and bad but I'm fine with it. The way I look at it is like this: Would you rather be complacent, never living up to your potential or would you rather work your ass off to be the best you can?

I think we're artists. We know how to sculpt our own bodies. We can change it at will. And like any artist we like to change and experiment with our work. We tend to see what others can't.

The key is never being satisfied. Since two days before new years until today I been hitting it hard so I never really fell off form this year. Looking forward to an even better 2016. There could be worse things your are in to.

So on Christmas day I am with my dad and 3 brothers, dad's sister and dad's 2 brothers. None of us are less than 6 feet tall. We were taling about how to get a fat belly in the bicep. In walks my wife who is a cyclist and triathlete...a big 5'3 and 109lbs. She tells me ,dad and borthers that we have Bigorexia. No matter how much muscle we get or how good we look we are still never satisfied. I ask you...should we be? Or do we keep working for perfection? Is this a mental problem...lol?

So this reminds me of about one year ago. I am helping my dad write an article for the Livestrong website. We are at my brother's house and he walks in with his white crew socks and boxer underwear. He says hey Dad, Jake...check out my legs. He rolls his boxers up into a speedo..lol. I said they look great...let me snap a pic.
I said pull your shirt off and lets put some abs in this. He says no way...his abs are not there yet.
Yes...we are an afflicted group aren't we. He does not like his abs. I posted his pic a while back and he never forgave me because of his abs. Guess what cycle he s on? 200/200 + winny

View attachment 2238
Jake, I'm obsessed with my look and aways trying to improve. Not everyone can understand. This obsession is a good one since keeps me healthy and younger. We should probably admit our physique obsession. Everyone has their obsessions in life, including the ones that judge us. Much better than being into alcohol, dugs, junk food, or other unhealthy things. The gym kept me out of problems, it was and it is my outlet.

Arnold Schwarzenegger said to keep up your motivation by focusing on your body weaknesses and trying to improve those. That's one of the things that made him a champion and a great example that many are following today.

When someone judges you, let it go, since your are following your passion and it's a healthy one. It keeps you stronger and healthier.

Men passions may not be always understood by women, and vice versa. What about their fixation for shopping, dramatic movies, etc.

One time Arnold was asked by a woman at the beach: "Arnold you becoming bigger and bigger, when are you going to stop? Arnold answered "Never". (From Bodybuilding Encyclopedia, awesome book to read and inspirational).

Sent from my RoidPhone using Tapatalk

It's true. Once you are satisfied, you become complacent. However, I don't see "never being satisfied" as necessarily a bad thing as it constantly means striving to be better. There are pros and cons. For one, you will always be working towards more in life regardless of what the endevour may be, many will view this as success and being hungry for more. The downside, are you ever going to be truly happy? There's good and bad but I'm fine with it. The way I look at it is like this: Would you rather be complacent, never living up to your potential or would you rather work your ass off to be the best you can?

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Www.expressdomesticapache.com
[email protected]

View attachment 2238

i know this all too well first hand... i probably have the worst mind in the world when it comes to my body and i have battled this my entire life... i often tell my wife i feel or look fat etc... i sound like a woman and she think i am beyond insane... we are our own worst critic and often times far too hard on ourselves... i get in trouble with her because im very hypocritical in terms of my teachings to everyone... i preach everything yet have a hard time following it when it comes to my mind... i teach to beat your mind and i excel at that EXCEPT when it comes to my body... the mind is the most powerful thing you have yet we often forget that... it creates problems that are not there or gets us through things when we feel we cannot etc... it can be your best friend or worst enemy but getting control of it is imperative...

your brother is a fucking animal by the way... that's a look that most desire... tell him i said nice work times a million

Top Bottom