napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Vitamin D deficiency?

fanintw

I just found out i was deficient. I'm at 15.2 on a scale of 30-100. I've been struggling for months with fatigue, weakness, depression, ed, elevate BP, etc...
I never would have thought of that. Was thinking it was E2 for sure. Had that test too but my number on the standard test is at 39 on a scale of like 5-65.
I kind of knew it wasn't estradiol because I've had those issues before and this really didn't feel the same plus they were relatively easy to get rid of. I wasn't getting better with vitamin d deficiency and actually getting worse.
Anyway, I just started recovery with 50,000 D3 a week. Apparently it can take months to recover. Oh well.
This is apparently a common problem that I never would have looked at. I requested a Lymes test and my dr said he wanted to check D levels as well. Some similar symptoms and he said he's seeing many deficient people.
Even if you don't have symptoms you may still be low and then it can get worse.
Just wanted to bring this up for either discussion or for people to be aware. It is common and if you aren't feeling right for no reason, this very well likely could be the reason.
Thanks

I just found out i was deficient. I'm at 15.2 on a scale of 30-100. I've been struggling for months with fatigue, weakness, depression, ed, elevate BP, etc...
I never would have thought of that. Was thinking it was E2 for sure. Had that test too but my number on the standard test is at 39 on a scale of like 5-65.
I kind of knew it wasn't estradiol because I've had those issues before and this really didn't feel the same plus they were relatively easy to get rid of. I wasn't getting better with vitamin d deficiency and actually getting worse.
Anyway, I just started recovery with 50,000 D3 a week. Apparently it can take months to recover. Oh well.
This is apparently a common problem that I never would have looked at. I requested a Lymes test and my dr said he wanted to check D levels as well. Some similar symptoms and he said he's seeing many deficient people.
Even if you don't have symptoms you may still be low and then it can get worse.
Just wanted to bring this up for either discussion or for people to be aware. It is common and if you aren't feeling right for no reason, this very well likely could be the reason.
Thanks

Thanks for sharing this with us. Yes, vitamin D deficiency can be a real problem for many. That's why it's important to have routine bloodwork and look at all avenues when things aren't going right with your body. There can always be other factors at play that you are completely unaware of

thanks for sharing brother... you can definitely help others by discussing things like this... much appreciated brother...

Ya, this is relatively common. 30 or 40, while still in range, is still low enough to cause problems. I have read and watched videos on this, 10,000IU per day raised one individuals levels 5 points per month so it takes time to improve.

Had mine checked 2 years ago and Doc said it was fine. After reading and educating myself on actually reading/interpretting my own blood work (thanks to this forum), i went back and discovered my vitamin levels were 38. I supplemented with 10,000iu per day for a year and 5,000iu per day since then. Had it rechecked Friday along with a lot of other stuff so we will see if its improved.

Ya, this is relatively common. 30 or 40, while still in range, is still low enough to cause problems. I have read and watched videos on this, 10,000IU per day raised one individuals levels 5 points per month so it takes time to improve.

Had mine checked 2 years ago and Doc said it was fine. After reading and educating myself on actually reading/interpretting my own blood work (thanks to this forum), i went back and discovered my vitamin levels were 38. I supplemented with 10,000iu per day for a year and 5,000iu per day since then. Had it rechecked Friday along with a lot of other stuff so we will see if its improved.

Yeah, please let us know. Be very interested to find out.

my number was a 16, so same as you very low. i do a 50k weekly, and 5000 daily for awhile until my levels built up to around 80, my endo removed the 50k weekly to once a month, you don't want to go too high risk of developing stones she said.

my number was a 16, so same as you very low. i do a 50k weekly, and 5000 daily for awhile until my levels built up to around 80, my endo removed the 50k weekly to once a month, you don't want to go too high risk of developing stones she said.

How long did it take to get to 80? Did you have symptoms at that low level? If so, what was the recovery like. How you feel now?

no it didn't help, but neither did trt or hgh. My general feelings of tiredness, etc. didn't change until I got a consistent diet/exercise plan in place for awhile. A cpap machine did start to help a bit though for my apnea that I never knew I had. I see my endo every 6 months, so hard to say how long it took other than not longer than 6 months, but i really doubt it took that long. I know it takes a bit to build up to a decent level, and a lot of people will say you want it higher than the regular range, but like most things not TOO high.

Yeah, please let us know. Be very interested to find out.

Update: been supplementing with vitamin D between 5000-10,000IU per day for a year. Just got bloods back, levels went from 38 to 48, still not where I would want it. I will be more consistent with 10,000IU for another year.

I dealt with this quite a few years ago. I took 5,000 IU a day with some kind of fat to help absorption. I did miss some days but for most part I was pretty diligent. It can take sometime. Here were my results.

Feb 23rd - 13.2 ng/mL
May 4th - 22.2 ng/mL
Aug 5th - 35.6 ng/mL
Nov 2nd - 47.2 ng/mL

I dealt with this quite a few years ago. I took 5,000 IU a day with some kind of fat to help absorption. I did miss some days but for most part I was pretty diligent. It can take sometime. Here were my results.

Feb 23rd - 13.2 ng/mL
May 4th - 22.2 ng/mL
Aug 5th - 35.6 ng/mL
Nov 2nd - 47.2 ng/mL

Did you have any symptoms at 13.2? Did you feel better as level went up?

Top Bottom