napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Oh Lord, the Karate guy wanted to kick my ass at the gym today...

44YOGearHead

So obviously my gym is now a dojo I guess. Today the wife wanted to hit the gym and I figured I'd hit bi's and tri's since i have an appointment on Monday and will miss my scheduled arm day w/ my power lifting buddy. I grabbed a bench, set my drink jug on it and then my son asked me to hold his bench while he drank some water. Elapsed time before his return about 25 seconds I guess. So as I approach my lil' bench a guy walks up and is right on the edge of it with a curl bar and was like 'are you working here?' (I'm standing there, it's a bench with shit on it so basically mmmmm, yeah) I just said "go ahead bro it's all you." shook my head and walked off because I have a tendency of saying rude shit when folks invade my personal space in the gym. I mean why would you stand 1" from the bench? Maybe my sense of gym etiquette is skewed, I don't know. My son asked 'why'd you give up the bench?' and I explained that sometimes it's just better to let these new guys do what they do than to say something totally off the wall. So the guy apparently got mad because I didn't wanna be there after he said 'there's plenty of room' and I pointed out that there wasn't any room at all actually. He set the bar down, poised in the mirror, threw a right cross, followed by a round house kick, then landed striking the floor with his hand and stood up and looked at me... he didn't like my response to that because I laughed and asked him if he was mad. He started walking towards me and I told him 'I'm gonna break your arm so you know.' He then stopped and walked away. What the fuck is wrong with my gym?

Growing up trying to make the olympic boxing team I used to routinely kick the crap out of the karate guys.The tv kung fu was out and all of a sudden everybody was taking karate. One thing that their MMA proved....karate is useless in a street fight. Boxing, jujitsu,wrestling rule.Change gyms bro! We gettin too old to fight.

man, if i have to see or hear about one more fucking moron who is shadow boxing at the gym im going to fucking lose it... these fucking clowns who ALL think they are fighters are so pathetic... im so sick of seeing this PATHETIC behavior.... its sickening... YOUR NOT A FUCKING BOXER OR MMA FIGHTER SO JUST STOP and IF you are, get your ass to an MMA gym, because your still not impressing anyone "shadow boxing" in the mirror... Oh, and i know you think your impressing women in there but in actuality, you make yourself look more pathetic than you already know, which is quite shocking, i know, considering how fucking pathetic you already look.. however, its true, even MORE pathetic than that!

I don't even box anymore and I moved to a boxing gym.The guys are serious, no nonsense. Stinks like azz, and window fans only...but serious. I don't have to put up with any more morons. Of course no fine chicks with their tights on, but that is not a reason I go to the gym. Now when I see guys shadow boxing it doesn't bother me a bit...lol.

I don't even box anymore and I moved to a boxing gym.The guys are serious, no nonsense. Stinks like azz, and window fans only...but serious. I don't have to put up with any more morons. Of course no fine chicks with their tights on, but that is not a reason I go to the gym. Now when I see guys shadow boxing it doesn't bother me a bit...lol.

i love the smell of the boxing gym... its smells like hard fucking work and i love it! =)

So obviously my gym is now a dojo I guess. Today the wife wanted to hit the gym and I figured I'd hit bi's and tri's since i have an appointment on Monday and will miss my scheduled arm day w/ my power lifting buddy. I grabbed a bench, set my drink jug on it and then my son asked me to hold his bench while he drank some water. Elapsed time before his return about 25 seconds I guess. So as I approach my lil' bench a guy walks up and is right on the edge of it with a curl bar and was like 'are you working here?' (I'm standing there, it's a bench with shit on it so basically mmmmm, yeah) I just said "go ahead bro it's all you." shook my head and walked off because I have a tendency of saying rude shit when folks invade my personal space in the gym. I mean why would you stand 1" from the bench? Maybe my sense of gym etiquette is skewed, I don't know. My son asked 'why'd you give up the bench?' and I explained that sometimes it's just better to let these new guys do what they do than to say something totally off the wall. So the guy apparently got mad because I didn't wanna be there after he said 'there's plenty of room' and I pointed out that there wasn't any room at all actually. He set the bar down, poised in the mirror, threw a right cross, followed by a round house kick, then landed striking the floor with his hand and stood up and looked at me... he didn't like my response to that because I laughed and asked him if he was mad. He started walking towards me and I told him 'I'm gonna break your arm so you know.' He then stopped and walked away. What the fuck is wrong with my gym?

you should hand him out a sanitary pad

Next time say this to him
"Dude...I don't mean to be mean but U need listerine, not a sip....not a swallow.....but the whole fuckin bottle!"

You obviously shit in that dumbasses cherrios, haha, fuck that dude. Im too scared to fight, I'm a two time convicted felon If I don't walk away I will get taken in no matter what. Shit If I say the wrong thing they will take me in. You can't even fight nowaday without going to jail. SUCKS!!!

You obviously shit in that dumbasses cherrios, haha, fuck that dude. Im too scared to fight, I'm a two time convicted felon If I don't walk away I will get taken in no matter what. Shit If I say the wrong thing they will take me in. You can't even fight nowaday without going to jail. SUCKS!!!

Lol why fighting if you can just laugh at the idiot. Not worth it. [emoji6]

Funny story. But i commend you for giving up the bench. It means your wisdom is maturing quite well.

see, if I was good at that technique rather than the other I would have a lot cleaner record than i do...haha

i know you are, you're already making me laugh at your other post ;-) I recommend you to train your dog to fetch his own water hahahahahah

i love the smell of the boxing gym... its smells like hard fucking work and i love it! =)

Yeah bro..no slackers in there. I wanted to ask you or any other guys that were around in the 80's. My gym has these old machines called Nautilus. They were created by the eccentric Arthur Jones. To me they are some of the best out there even though they are obsolete. My gym has about 10 of these nautilus stations that are all very cool, 4 olympic bars and about 800lbs for each bar. There dumbs go to 120lbs. My wife and daughter go to planet fitness I think it is. There is no dead lifting, or any freestyle barbells.I do dumbell rows, with a knee up on a bench and use 125 lbs. Well wifey;s gym has max dumbs of 85lbs, so I have to go to the bar rack where you can do benches that are locked in and do my dumbell rows using that bar at 120lbs....and then they tell me I can't do that. The gym I was with has nothing but know it all hotheads who come and run to me with aas questions and then latter I hear them telling their buds like they been knowing it all along. I am not looking for any credit, but it is just all so juvenile...plus I would like to be left alone. Once they realized I was Jake from "Adrenalin Rush" my time was now theirs...no problem with bombarding me with questions. I n my day you walked up to a guy and said excuse me sir, but would you be so kind as to answer a question for me. Remember we talked about this on another thread. No manners...its like I owe them.
Well now I have my stinking azz gym and I have been smokin it like never before....and I love that old Nautilus equipment. My weight at 6'2 right now is 211lbs with 5.5% BF. Do you think am a happy little boy??? My whole I wanted serats, but t took the gw to give them to me.And hey...my mirror is getting really tired of me...lol. Thanks for nudging me along D, rick, robo etc

I'm right there with you guys. I work at a gym right near the hood and we have a full court that gets packed with kids that start fights left and right, sell drugs and occasionally show up strapped. They always send me in to break fights up and when these kids try to get hard with me I laugh in their face. They drop back with one arm down at their hip and one barely blocking their chin. Dorks. I'm not a great stand up fighter but I will blast double legs into a sub of my choosing at will.

Top Bottom