napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

New Member Log - Power Lifting Focus

Update:

Elbow feels nearly fully healed. This Ostarine has to be for real. I've been progressively getting heavier and it's healed through that abuse somehow (mind you I've been doing anything I can to help the recovery process). Also jarred my knee pretty bad playing with my niece and nephew the other day. Thought that would last at least be a week long issue but it feels almost fully healed in 2 days. Very excited about that, gives me hope that maybe I can get squats in near the end of cycle.

Bench - 4 x 5 @ 315. I have't benched 315 for 5 in my life and today I hit it for 4 sets, very good bench day. Felt like I could of had another set but stopped because they were clean and didn't wanna regret pushing one more set. I've been real good leaving the ego out of this cycle as well as getting my rest days in and it's starting to pay off.

Legs- Kept things light on leg press but high rep to get the knee moving. Went heavy on the other accessory work. Knees felt great the next day, I was amazed. Until the following day I jarred it haha

Pause Deads - 8 x 3 @ 405. I just wanted to practice pausing my reps. I have been doing a lot of touch and go. Felt good, backs still tight on deads but getting better every time. The recovery protocol is working (Thanks to some input from Diesel and nutrition change ideas from the other guys like Dylan and Rick).

Accessory Day: Using these as a day to hit whatever muscle groups weren't sore from the other 3 days. Usually some upper back, little arms and possibly extra leg work since I can't squat yet.

Also I originally put on a fair bit of water weight, that has subsided (aromasin was at e3d and now at e2d). I'm actually getting a little more vascular than before (was 205lbs) to now at 217lbs. Abs almost as prominent. Been taking some progress pics. Will definitely share at the end of the cycle for comparison.

So far...couldn't be happier with the progress!

Cycle Update: 45mg Tbol ed is now finished. 400mg test/GW501516/MK2877 still going.
Tbol's done. Decided to only run it for 4.5 weeks (ran out and was really running it as a trial anyway). Loved it other than the lower back pumps but at the end I was getting used to them and they weren't near as bad, crazy strength from it. I've since learned it's much better as a finisher for a power lifter especially, so I will likely give it a go again sometime in the future as a finisher.

Training Change: Peaking
I'm going to start lowering volume and reps, while increasing frequency and percentages. I've been doing a fair amount of volume to start the cycle and once I hit the halfway point (next week) I want to make the change to start peaking for maxes.
Been benching twice a week and I'm going to split deadlifts/back into two workouts. Deadlift day and a heavy rows/weak point training, possibly extra speed work.

Deadlifts: 3x3 @ 475 - PR. This is 95% based on my old max (500lb). Smooth and a lot quicker off the ground than I anticipated. I felt a little weaker in the morning. I went before work to see if it helped with the low back pumps. I felt loose and not tight so it was worth the slight trade off in strength. Little tweak in my lower back on 3rd set (wanted 4) so I left it there and didn't push it.

Flat Bench: Single Clusters: This is where I will pick a set range (4-8 sets of singles) and hit a single every 20-45 seconds. Focusing on speed and explosiveness. Rest period and sets depends on the percentages I am working with. Today was about 80%.
8x1 @ 295 x 2 rounds with 30 sec. between sets (did this twice with 5 minutes in between clusters) - Felt amazing, could definitely up the weight to 305-315 next time. I kept it light to ensure the weight moved fast with no form breakdown. This is going to really hammer out my set up and form as well as train me to be more explosive off the bottom with long pauses for each single.
Incline Bench: 2 x 8 @ 225 and 1 x 15 @ 225. Just went for AMRAP on the last set.

Recovery is phenomenal. Tweaked my lower back on the last set for deadlifts and after 2 days it feels nearly good to go again. Shoulder was nagging me before my last bench workout and 3 days later in the next session, no issues at all. Knees have been great and holding up well.

Last edited:
BACK Accessory/ Legs:
BB Rows. 5 x 8 @ 315 - These felt great, controlled and smooth, back felt fine. Lots of rows and pulls afterward, lighter weight focusing on mind muscle connection, especially in the lats where I have been struggling to activate previously.

The deadlift day was a bit of a wash. Just got back an hour beforehand from a bachelor party weekend. Diet was wrecked and felt tired.
Deadlifts: All Singles - 405 x 1 / 455 x 1 (3 sets) / 475 x 1 (4 sets) - moved fast, but didn't feel "on"
Deadlift single Clusters: 8 x 1 @ 365 - focusing on maximal speed

Bench:
Flat BP: 10x3 @ 315. BIG PR - Hit the last 5 sets paused. Last set I hit for 5 reps just because I had lots left in the tank. I didn't think I would hit this for 10 sets touch and go. 315 felt like 225. Moved real fast and smooth.

Key here: Multiple ways of doing singles for form and dynamic days (accessory days). They're really helping with form and explosiveness. I am going to crush my goal of a 365 bench. I'm thinking 385 may be in reach. Deadlift will be the wildcard. See how things hold up.

Thanks to those following along!

Have been feeling a little run down the past week or so, especially the lower back. Decided it was time for a deload week and a couple extra rest days. Before I moved into the deload I hit a couple more PR's though:

Bench: 5x3 @ 335
Deadlift from 1.5" deficit w/ ~50-75lb band tension 4x3 @ 365 - This was for a dynamic day and they were moving real quick
Bench: Cluster Singles (Press, rack it, rest 30 seconds, go again): 8x1 @ 365 w/ Red Slingshot
Snatch Grip Deadlift: 4x5 @ 405 from 6" blocks

Beyond the main lifts I'm adding a lot of band work especially for the deload week. Also hit legs the other day and my back was tight but the knee felt fine. Have been messing around with new exercises and so far really like the change. After this deload I will be nearly into week 9 and pushing for the PR's by week 12.

Weight: 220. This has been consistent for several weeks now. Definitely not as lean as I was at 205, but also leaner than I thought I would be at 220. Will definitely be looking forward to a recomp after PCT to keep as much, if not all, of what's been gained.

Well it's been a little sloppy the last couple weeks. With taking a reload week and then having some off days coming back there hasn't been much to report. Still increasing the weights and the speed I'm moving them but don't feel i'm ready to peak just yet. Took a week and a bit to take it a little easy, do a couple things off program. I feel like my body is ready to push again for the last 3-4 weeks. Here are some numbers from the last couple weeks:

BENCH AMRAP: 7 @ 315 and 34 @ 225 after the 315 AMRAP. Just wanted to see how many I could hit here. Previous bests were 225 for 28 and 315 for 3. Both on separate bench days previously.
Bench: 3x3 @ 345 Touch and go - Old max was 350. Safe to say we will see a new bench PR!
Bench: 2x2 @ 345 (paused) - 3x5 @ 315 touch and go - This was yesterday. Was weak this day after a long day of cuttin down trees. Wanted to hit 5x2 @ 345 all paused. Strength wasn't there so switched gears to higher rep to get the work in.

Deadlift: Mainly did speed work for the past week or so to try and let the lower back heal up. Speed off the floor is way up. Expecting a decent PR for deads once I work back up.
6x3 @ 315 - speed pulls
5x2 @ 365 - speed pulls

Started squatting again. I'm switching to a 1 on 1 off workout split, squat bench and deads same day. Minimal accessory work. One lift is heavy and the other two are dynamic (Thanks to Guerilla Power for the routine). Interested to see how it pans out. I started on week 5 of his routine simply because I need to test maxes in 4 weeks and not 8.

I'm happy I can do deadlifts and squats the same day. Hasn't been too bad on the knee and the next day they aren't very sore. Will stick with it unless it becomes detrimental to deadlifts. Programming is back on track until the end of cycle. Hoping to start pushing heavier on deadlifts especially.

Thanks to those following!

solid log Swoly! I'm following too. I'm also getting ready for my next PL comp. Noticed you're taking MK - are you feeling anything in the way of recuperation or maybe joint relief?

solid log Swoly! I'm following too. I'm also getting ready for my next PL comp. Noticed you're taking MK - are you feeling anything in the way of recuperation or maybe joint relief?

Thanks man, I'm a little over detailed sometimes, but I want this log for my own reference later which is the reason for some of the notes on lifts.

The MK has been phenomenal. I think next time I won't run the GW when i'm training for powerlifting, bodybuilding/recomp I'll definitely run it. Main reason? Too much endurance, I don't want to leave the gym, always want to go. I'm like that normally, it is only intensified by feeling so rested all the time.

As for MK I have some pretty bad knees. Used to run on pavement for sprints and long distance running when I was quite overweight. Took its toll along with bad lifting technique when I was younger. So often when I get squatting or heavy deadlifting they become a problem. Not so much this time around. So much so that I'm able to deadlift and do light squats same day. Even did a 50 meter jog/push-up burnout at the end of a deadlift/bench workout the other day. This alone would of wrecked my knees before and they were only sore for a day. This stuff will be a staple for me going forward. Even when I run test/deca for the first time, I will run MK alongside it. Deca is a bandaid and I believe that although I still have joint issues, they're far less noticeable now, even as I get to my higher percentage lifts. If you haven't tried it, give it a go 100%.

Very cool.. appreciate the response Swoly.

Asking, because my shoulders are all beat up and feel it the most during bench press. Was thinking some MK and Cissus; that and I might have to switch out that exercise. I read somewhere that shoulder pain from benching can be caused by not using lats enough? I definitely gotta figure that one out - noticed that trying to pull the bar apart helped, but I've doing the whole "bend the bar" action for awhile now - have to figure that one out quick.

Very cool.. appreciate the response Swoly.

Asking, because my shoulders are all beat up and feel it the most during bench press. Was thinking some MK and Cissus; that and I might have to switch out that exercise. I read somewhere that shoulder pain from benching can be caused by not using lats enough? I definitely gotta figure that one out - noticed that trying to pull the bar apart helped, but I've doing the whole "bend the bar" action for awhile now - have to figure that one out quick.

I bet you can talk to any single person on here who has been benching for 5+ years and they will tell you about their shoulder issues. The key is protecting the shoulder in the press. If you bench like a powerlifter you learn to really protect the shoulder, because you're handling heavy loads and if I were to bench now, like I used to when I was more into bodybuilding, I would blow my shoulder up real quick. I used to bench fairly heavy while also flaring elbows out to stress the pec as much as possible. I grew a big chest over the years, but holy shit did I do some damage to my shoulders in the process.

Shoulders are very complicated and it depends on so many variables. Weak points (rotators), overuse, form, going too heavy too often, tightness somewhere else pulling you out of position, not activating all of the muscles necessary. I've done a lot of research since I started lifting, always trying to learn more, hopefully you're doing the same. Best thing you can do for that shoulder if it is flared up is rest, ice (if its recently been aggravated), stretching and finding out what DOESN'T hurt it while still working your chest. I have always had this stupid concept in my head that if I go light too often I'll lose strength. it's 100% not the case. Let it heal properly before it becomes a serious issue, better to be out a week or two than 4-6 months with a tear. Focus on form, stabilizers etc. Get some bands, chains, slingshot, whatever you need to protect it and work on your weaknesses.

Nice. You will get strong af with this program

Already noticed a major difference, Guerilla. I haven't done heavy deads in about 10 days (only done dynamic speed work, lighter weight). Hit them yesterday and was pulling easy triples from deficit at 475 (old max 500, no deficit). Felt so good, especially after a bad bench day had me thinking negatively about my goals afterward. My speed off the floor has always been shit, but those reps didn't slow down for a second. Needed that. Will keep you guys posted.

3 weeks till max Bench and Dead get tested.

Update:

Feelin feckin good fellas!! :D Been sticking with the 3 major lifts every workout and loving it (with some accessory, but minimizing it). Keeping two lifts light while getting to have some fun going heavy on one has been very beneficial and rewarding. I keep seeing jumps in one lift every time I go heavy on it after doing speed work for a week. Speed works really helped my deadlift and bench sticking points (off the chest and ground).

I took vacation and was milling lumber for majority of it, so lifting heavy after 10-12 hr days of that just wasn't a good idea. I used this week as a semi-deload (no gym for 5 days). I'm coming back and although my backs stiff it doesn't feel like it should effect my maxes. Just over 1 week away now. Might go for the 365 bench today because I believe I have more than that in me and am hitting heavy doubles later today at 355. If they feel solid I might go for the morale boost and hit it.

Deadlifts:
Had to back off a little here for multiple reasons but I know my strength is there because when I do lift it's flying up. Have only done two deadlift sessions since last update. Both speed days. Grip strength is amazing right now. With my elbow healed I can grip and rip double overhand @ 405 for sets of 5.
5x5 @ 405
Deficits 3x6 @ 365

Bench:
5x5 @ 315 - T&G - Big PR - My best before was an AMRAP of 7 @ 315 T&G. So getting this much volume in at 315 shows a ton of progress. Getting way better leg drive now, which I can attribute to working out legs steadily again.
3x3 @ 345 - Paused. PR again (last time was touch and go I believe), 5lbs off old max for working sets, feels good.

Squats:
Lightweight still. Just getting the work in. Knee is still holding up well, incredibly well in fact. MK2877 is the truth! Ostarine is going to be my go to off cycle sarm, probably with cardarine. Loving that stack.

Next update should be with maxes. Wish me luck!

Old Bench PR: 350
Old Deadlift PR: 500

Well, that was the best bench session of my life...

Just hit 365 and it was cleannnn, I told myself after hitting 345 that I was going to crush 365 and I did. So I went 375, also no sticking points on it, not even close to a grinder! I didn't want to get greedy after hitting 2 lifetime PR's so I am going to save the rest for mid week next week and aim for 385, which I now absolutely have the confidence to hit. That would be a 35 pound PR and 20 pounds over what I was shooting for on this cycle.

Could not be happier. The hard work has paid off and so has the patience. This is the first time I can say I didn't overtrain, took my rest days, kept the diet in check and man has it paid off. Just goes to show you don't need a million compounds at high doses to make solid progress, playing that long game. Looking forward to maxing everything next week!

Thanks to those who have followed along - finally seeing the whole thing come together and it is as sweet as I had hoped.

Last edited:
Quick update. Plan to do a run down on everything once I've hit all the maxes I plan on going for. Definitely looking to max on deadlifts still and may push for a 385 bench.

I'm realllllly looking forward to lightening up on the weights in a month or two and recomping after that.

Body weight is down to 215-218 from 222-225. Wanted to get it down a bit by the end of the peak.

Deadlifts:

1. Deficit Deadlift: 495 x 3 (back felt solid)
2. Regular Deadlift: 525 x 1 (back was a little locked up)

Having an issue with my back being locked up and really stiff in the low back. Completely different than the crazy back pump issues from a month or two back. However, I hit a 525 deadlift today and I'm thinking this is around 95%. Will go for the max as soon as my back feels loose again. 25lb PR though and after seeing the footage I definitely think the 545+ is going to be there.

Bench:
1. 4x3 paused @ 315 - worked on exploding from the bottom and getting through the mid point as fast as possible. Which is where I slowed down slightly on the 375 last week.

I hurt my wrist working last week. Tested it after a big deadlift day today and it felt fine pressing with a wrap on it. Any kind of side to side movement is painful however. May just take the 375 and run this time around. Don't want to injure it any further.

Quick Update: Had a few days off again with work and vacation time. It helped with everything but the back issue.

Weight is down. Was trying to get it down before PCT. Went from hovering around 222-225 to 214-217 and still lifting heavier. Definitely excited to move into some lighter weights and higher rep ranges in the next little bit as well as a 3 month sarms super stack for recomp. Plan to do a log more focused on bodybuilding progression for that.

Deadlifts: My back has felt locked up lately. Been trying to avoid the chiro this entire time but I have to go at this point as a last ditch effort before end of cycle. If they can manage to loosen it up, I will hit a pretty big deadlift PR. Yesterday I almost went for it but decided to wait and went for a small PR. 525 is a 25lb PR and it moved quick but felt like shit lol.

Deficit Deadlift: 495 x 3 - Rep PR (hadn't touched this weight since I maxed out 6 months ago or so, for a single and not from a deficit)
Regular Deadlift: 525 x 1 - Max PR

Bench: Keeping things relatively heavy for one more week. Minor sprain in my wrist from work but it has not effected benching with straight wrists and wraps on.

Flat Bench: 5x4 @ 315 - paused reps

Next update will be the last one with a recap and hopefully having a new number for bench and deadlifts!

LOG WRAP UP

TOTAL (Bench and Deadlift only):
I've added 70 pounds to my total over two lifts. I'm really happy with this, especially at the low doses being taken over the 3 months. If I can add numbers like this over the next 5-10 years, I will be far beyond my goals. My current lifetime goal has always been a 1500lb total and I would like to hit it on a real platform, not gym lifts. Although it seems those goals always have a way of immediately changing as soon as you reach them. I'll never be satisfied but I do want to test my limits. That feeling when you hit the numbers you've been after for years is euphoric.

Deadlift: It has been over a week since my last shot and went for a max on deadlifts. Hit a 545 (goal weight) and thought I would stop there. Had to grind a little bit (shaking half way up, no hitching haha) but it never slowed down. Didn't injure myself like I did maxing last time (500lbs). Even feeling good the next day...makes me think I may have had more in the tank but I will wait and be patient because I was out a while last time I pushed too hard. My weak point has changed. It used to be off the floor, now it is mid-pull. Which should be easy to fix - steady diet of rack pulls and romanians. Excited to attack these weak points I've found during recomp time.

Bench: Unfortunately, I banged up my wrist days before going for maxes here. Luckily, the week before I was feeling good and decided to get 365 out of the way, then hit 375. I realize I still need to work on my set-up and form more as well. It needs constant critiquing because sometimes I feel really solid and leg drive is there, others I fail to engage the legs enough and I can tell as soon as I go for a first rep. I have a new weak point in the bench as well, which I will use blocks to work on over the next several months before peaking again (mid point of the lift, just like deads).

Compounds:

SARMS: This stuff seems very legit to me. Ostarine (MK2877) was instrumental in getting me some joint relief and help. I went into this 3 month cycle with a bad elbow and knees that could hardly hold up to deadlifts alone, no squats. By the end I was doing single workouts with squat bench and deadlifts in them. My knees would be stiff in the morning and fine by the afternoon next day. I cannot tell you how impressive that is. I'm looking forward to building my squat slowly and hopefully with no set backs anymore.
Cardarine (GW) was a little harder to tell. I had a ton of endurance but I think where I noticed it the most was when I wanted to drop pounds I could do it so quickly and easily. I am ending this cycle about 10 pounds up from where I started (205 to 215). I ballooned as high as 225 pounds above where I started. I needed to cut a little before PCT started and that happened quite quickly.

TEST/ Tbol: Small doses here, 300-350 p/week of Test E and 40mg of tbol for 4 weeks at the beginning.
Tbol: Made the mistake of taking this as a kicker. I had insane strength gains right off the hop which then continued as the cycle went on but I can tell near the end here the gains have nearly leveled off. I will definitely use it again, but as a finisher.
Test E: Although it was a small dose it was definitely doing the trick. I don't see a need to go much above this dose in the future. The strength was phenomenal and 0 sides.

Overall Thoughts:

The cycle went perfectly. Was sick a couple times, some bumps and bruises (almost all from working, not the gym) and shockingly joints got better, not worse. Even went off track and hit my bench early, which ended up working out perfect. I'm likely over killing PCT for the doses I was taking but that's to see if I can maintain everything gained over the next two months before a SARMS cycle begins. As well as to ensure I get the system rebooted quick as possible and this is the first real PCT I've done.

Future Plans:

I want to do a SARM stack next of S4, GW, MK and LGD. Debating going all out and adding RAD as well. I am stoked for this stack because I want to see how closely it relates to the 300-350mg dose of test I was using. I think this would be a great comparison for others looking into AAS and SARMS and would maybe help those younger stay away from AAS a little longer if they know they A. Can get similar results without fucking themselves up for years to come B. Don't have to pin C. Nearly no sides. The advice is given constantly on the site for these kids 18-21 (mainly that range for the young ones) to not take AAS and re-think it. Might help, who knows.

Thanks to all of those who stayed tuned. I probably write some of the longest logs you'll see on here, which might be annoying and too long for some, but hopefully helpful to others! Also serves as a great tool for future reference.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

SG.

Top Bottom