napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

NCAA and general sports talk

rockmfhudd

I was just starting this since we hijacked another thread talking about the Alabama Crimson Tide being the all time best fucking team in history. So all you college football fans 3 weeks to come to the crimson side of reality and recognize!!!!

incase your memory is bad

hrcu0w.png

Northwestern Wildcats baby! I'm a sucker for the local eternal underdogs. Ironically, I'm also a big Cub fan

incase your memory is bad

hrcu0w.png

how dare you post this bull shit!! fuck! you know bro, me and my wife went to the rose bowl that year... we are huge oregon fans so we had to go to the national title game too... i was ready to fucking cry on the way back to the car... what a LOOOONNNGGG walk back... ohio state was too strong at that point in time... fuck, they beat alabama and oregon back to back... they deserved it... i will say, ezekiel elliott was the reason they won that game... hands down... he was a man amongst boys at many times in college... i hate ohio state, being from iowa, i truly can't stand them but i love urban meyer and i respect talent, regardless of if i like them or not... they are an elite school in football... at times, they have had some extremely strong basketball teams but they are always a top 10 team, often top 5 and that has been consistent for quite some time... they are going fucking down this year though! =)

I was just starting this since we hijacked another thread talking about the Alabama Crimson Tide being the all time best fucking team in history. So all you college football fans 3 weeks to come to the crimson side of reality and recognize!!!!

great idea bro!

I went to Wal Mart last Friday night (yeah, I know...Wal Mart on a Friday night, I am the coolest)

I grab one of my many college football shirts, just happened to be 'Bama.

I'm there for 5 minutes and this older guy says "War Eagle!" to me. So we get to talking about the rivalry.

A little later I see another guy and he says "Roll Tide!" .....turns out the 2nd guy is FROM Alabama, so we get to talking about the Championship game last year, how he was there, and specifficlly that on-sides kick. I told him how my boy (Dylan) texted me saying that on-sides kick won them that game.

Guys that know me know I'm married to the NHL but NCAA football is definitely my mistress...how 'bout that opening weekend this year??????

I went to Wal Mart last Friday night (yeah, I know...Wal Mart on a Friday night, I am the coolest)

I grab one of my many college football shirts, just happened to be 'Bama.

I'm there for 5 minutes and this older guy says "War Eagle!" to me. So we get to talking about the rivalry.

A little later I see another guy and he says "Roll Tide!" .....turns out the 2nd guy is FROM Alabama, so we get to talking about the Championship game last year, how he was there, and specifficlly that on-sides kick. I told him how my boy (Dylan) texted me saying that on-sides kick won them that game.

Guys that know me know I'm married to the NHL but NCAA football is definitely my mistress...how 'bout that opening weekend this year??????

Thursday and Friday dont have anything too exciting... I am interested to see Louisville... They are supposed to be fucking loaded this year but they have a cakewalk game against Charlotte... Friday, Stanford plays so seeing McCaffrey play is always sweet... even though i fucking hate stanford... Now, Saturday there's so intriguing games... Oklahoma vs. Houston... This is going to be a sick fucking game... Here's another few to watch... LSU vs. Wisconsin, UCLA vs. Texas A&M, Clemson vs. Auburn and OF COURSE I can't wait to see Iowa debut and Oregon debut but the best game on Saturday hands down is Alabama vs. USC... fuck i would love to see Alabama lose week 1 but its not likely... Then on Sunday, Notre Dame vs. Texas on Sunday will be sick and Monday will be sick too with Mississippi vs. Florida State...

The key for some of these teams is to stack up their pre conference schedule instead of playing all these shit heads they beat by 50 and 60 points... Its pointless and helps with nothing except for taking away from rankings at the end of the season when they need strength of schedule...

I see it like this for "must see" games;

1) Mississippi/Florida State
2) USC/'Bama
3) Notre Dame/Texas

To your point about these teams playing "high school" teams and winning by 50 points; it is pointless for the sport, yes....but these games make money and it ALWAYS comes down to the almighty dollar.

2) USC/'Bama
3) Notre Dame/Texas

To your point about these teams playing "high school" teams and winning by 50 points; it is pointless for the sport, yes....but these games make money and it ALWAYS comes down to the almighty dollar.

right but they would generate far more by getting a prime time game by playing another elite school, like alabama and usc decided to do... also, these teams start bitching if they go undefeated and are competing with other undefeated teams but since they decided to take the easy way out, they get fucked at the end of the year because of strength of schedule...

2) USC/'Bama
3) Notre Dame/Texas

Really bro... UT is tits up. I like Charlie Strong, but he inherited Mack Brown's and Major Applewhite's cluster fuck of a team. SC and Bama are only a match up because of the Lame Kiffin history. Bama may be a powerhouse, but their RB's are all shit at the pro level, plus SC has Adoree Jackson... that kid is unbelievable.

Really bro... UT is tits up. I like Charlie Strong, but he inherited Mack Brown's and Major Applewhite's cluster fuck of a team. SC and Bama are only a match up because of the Lame Kiffin history. Bama may be a powerhouse, but their RB's are all shit at the pro level, plus SC has Adoree Jackson... that kid is unbelievable.

i really hope they pull it off... i want bama to go down week 1 big time... although im not counting on it, usc seems to find a way every year to NOT play up to potential ever since pete carroll left... now i understand they have had major issues with infractions but they still have had A LOT of HIGHLY talented teams that end up losing 4 and 5 games... that shit would have never happened with Carroll there... not a chance... so im not counting on them... Im looking forward to seeing FSU... they have a team that could give Clemson a run this year...

Im going to several Iowa games this year and also Oregon... I cant wait for the season to start! Bro, there's nothing like going to Iowa City for a football game when its starting to change weather, and you can just fucking smell football in the air... not to mention every year Iowa City is ranked #1 by playboy for party towns, even though i dont party anymore, the fucking tailgating is UNREAL... I mean ive been to MAJOR MAJOR universities, tailgates etc. and Iowa City is right at the top... the one we went to at UCLA at rose bowl stadium was fucking sweet as well but Iowa City is something else for football environments...

I didn't say Texas was the anything special, that's why that game is low on the list.

Is Jackson as good on both sides of the ball?

Last edited:
Top Bottom