napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Muscle Memory - is it real?

Hey guys,

So after putting on quite a bit of fat, I went on a pretty intense cut, and lost a fair amount of muscle mass. If I were to go on a bulk, would I be able to regain this muscle fairly easily with the right diet and training? To put it another way - would building back the muscle I lost be quicker and easier than building "new" muscle?

PS - I will be using Ostarine and/or LGD during this bulk.

Hey guys,

So after putting on quite a bit of fat, I went on a pretty intense cut, and lost a fair amount of muscle mass. If I were to go on a bulk, would I be able to regain this muscle fairly easily with the right diet and training? To put it another way - would building back the muscle I lost be quicker and easier than building "new" muscle?

PS - I will be using Ostarine and/or LGD during this bulk.

yes.... it will still take time but it will come back easier and quicker... when I was around 36 i fasted 40 days... a real 40 day fast... only water.... i started out at 208(with a 31in waist), was lifting since 14 yrs old. and by the time I finished I was 156... lost every thing.. it all came back.... took around a year and even put on more muscle.... that was in 1997.... that was all natural too.... the body is amazingly efficient ... it recovers and adapts .....

why did you fast for 40 days bro?
Well''' I got saved and I smoked cigarettes and couldn't quit... old military habit.... yes i would work out for 2 hours at the gym and walk out a smoke a cig. for years lol.. So I met the Lord. It was my first year and I was really into Christ and really enthusiastic... So I fasted a few 3 day fasts and a 7 day and still couldn't quit cigarettes.... So with not much thought... I prayed and just went for it..... on around day 34 ( I was going to college full time after getting out of the USAF) I got real sick ( started throwing up like black tar) and day 39 a piece of flesh loosed on my throat and I spit it out... it looked white like a piece of shrimp with tentacles on it...A doctor at church who was a VA doctor for 40 years told me it was a callus that would have eventually turned into throat cancer.... Never smoked a cigarette since..... Praise God! When you fast... after a while your body will eat up any damaged cells or foreign material for fuel... So the body pretty much took care of business... had no clue that was going to happen...

In my experience it comes back in a little less than half the time it took to originally build. I took about 4 years off in my late 20, lost all my gains

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Muscle memory is an incredible and awesome thing. If you are doing the right things with diet and training, it's possible to regain any strength or muscle you previously had in a fairly short time frame compared to what it took to gain it originally. That is assuming that you held that mass for a good length of time

Blaze91, that was the most awesome thing I've read in a while...I won't get into it because it's off topic, but it's amazing how God taught us these healing techniques..that did more for you than any possible medical marvels could of done..completely cleansed your body,broke your habbit,and I'm certain brought u closer to the Lord..the first time I fasted the Lord spoke to me. it changed my life...but unfortunately I can't do a 40 day water fast because I take medication that requires food with it..but I do the Daniel fast, where your allowed certain food but no breads,sugar and a few other things. still cleaned the system out pretty good. and u only lose water weight no lbs

Blaze91, that was the most awesome thing I've read in a while...I won't get into it because it's off topic, but it's amazing how God taught us these healing techniques..that did more for you than any possible medical marvels could of done..completely cleansed your body,broke your habbit,and I'm certain brought u closer to the Lord..the first time I fasted the Lord spoke to me. it changed my life...but unfortunately I can't do a 40 day water fast because I take medication that requires food with it..but I do the Daniel fast, where your allowed certain food but no breads,sugar and a few other things. still cleaned the system out pretty good. and u only lose water weight no lbs
Thanks for that Bro!!... don't think I could do another at my age ...lol Daniel fasts are awesome as well, keeps you tuned in to the Master!... The Lord is good!!

Well''' I got saved and I smoked cigarettes and couldn't quit... old military habit.... yes i would work out for 2 hours at the gym and walk out a smoke a cig. for years lol.. So I met the Lord. It was my first year and I was really into Christ and really enthusiastic... So I fasted a few 3 day fasts and a 7 day and still couldn't quit cigarettes.... So with not much thought... I prayed and just went for it..... on around day 34 ( I was going to college full time after getting out of the USAF) I got real sick ( started throwing up like black tar) and day 39 a piece of flesh loosed on my throat and I spit it out... it looked white like a piece of shrimp with tentacles on it...A doctor at church who was a VA doctor for 40 years told me it was a callus that would have eventually turned into throat cancer.... Never smoked a cigarette since..... Praise God! When you fast... after a while your body will eat up any damaged cells or foreign material for fuel... So the body pretty much took care of business... had no clue that was going to happen...

That's an awesome story brother.Praise HIM!

Muscle memory is REAL.I took a four year hiatus & didn't lift a thing.Got drunk,ate whatever the fuck I wanted & got fat as hell.Once I picked up the weights again,my muscles responded like they were always there & "waiting".I know it sounds crazy but that's what it was like.The hardest part is the mid section.Everything else fell into place.

That's pretty amazing bro. I'm glad you looked to God and that helped you change your life. God is great, and you can accomplish all things through him!

I believe in muscle memory. I started lifting at age 12 as a skinny twig of a kid. By the time I was 17 I was 210 pounds and getting into gyms everywhere free as they said it was good for business to have big guys in there being seen. I competed locally as an amateur bodybuilder and had the opportunities to meet the then Mr. Texas and Olympia contender Gary Strydom. Life was good, I had went from a young trouble maker to a kid who lifted, lifted and lifted. Then I graduated early for my dad to tell me my paper plate and cup were officially in the trash and I had 30 days to be gone. Enter the Marine Corps. I went from 210 to 161 pounds by the time I finished School of Infantry and Sniper training. Between Dessert Shield/Storm,Bosnia, Kosovo, OIF and OEF I began smoking which actually was a hindrance to my profession and almost got me killed once. After almost 24 years of service I retired and was given a vape mod. Haven't smoked since with exception to an occasional cigar (3 to be exact). My last few years of service I committed to lifting regularly during my last tour to Afghanistan and haven't looked back. My arms went from a paltry 17 1/4" to 22+" now. I credit muscle memory for much of my ability to grow to good proportions since retiring.

Anybody else have experience with muscle memory?

Check out The Colorado Experiment, which I think is one of the most undeniable cases for muscle memory. It states that an old school BB'er by the name of Casey Viator gained all his muscle back after suffering an accident and almost passing away due to an infection associated with said accident. He had a 3-4month lay off from training then went on to regain his physique in a ridiculously short amount of time. I dont know the ins and outs of the routine or supplement regimen BUT, I think makes a great argument for muscle memory.

just think of it like blowing up a brand new balloon.... you get blue in the face, a lot of back pressure... then after a week or 2 release the air in the balloon... and re inflate.... much easier to blow up, quicker and a lot less effort....

Last edited:
I believe in muscle memory. I started lifting at age 12 as a skinny twig of a kid. By the time I was 17 I was 210 pounds and getting into gyms everywhere free as they said it was good for business to have big guys in there being seen. I competed locally as an amateur bodybuilder and had the opportunities to meet the then Mr. Texas and Olympia contender Gary Strydom. Life was good, I had went from a young trouble maker to a kid who lifted, lifted and lifted. Then I graduated early for my dad to tell me my paper plate and cup were officially in the trash and I had 30 days to be gone. Enter the Marine Corps. I went from 210 to 161 pounds by the time I finished School of Infantry and Sniper training. Between Dessert Shield/Storm,Bosnia, Kosovo, OIF and OEF I began smoking which actually was a hindrance to my profession and almost got me killed once. After almost 24 years of service I retired and was given a vape mod. Haven't smoked since with exception to an occasional cigar (3 to be exact). My last few years of service I committed to lifting regularly during my last tour to Afghanistan and haven't looked back. My arms went from a paltry 17 1/4" to 22+" now. I credit muscle memory for much of my ability to grow to good proportions since retiring.

Wow good story bro good for u congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom