According to lean body mass which is 164lb
164g protein
140g fat
30g carb

Which one should i consider?

Is this ok? Or should i consider total body weight or the lean mass for macro

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is with the Keto craze if your using PEDs and lifting weights keto is not optimal at all .that is an ok diet for obese sedentary people that can't control there appetite . but for muscle growth a balanced approach is optimal so training intensity can be maintained and low carb diets wreck your metabolism and slow thyroid function . there are only useful too bodybuilding in prep for short period too stretigical deplete glycogen and remove all subcutaneous water and increase insulin sensitivity so you can rapid reload glycogen and pull water into the muscle giving that dry 3 deminsional look. But not long term fat loss.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

A carb cycling approach where you learn your body and it glucose insulin response and how much it takes you too fill out so that you can keep glycogen at about 75 percent and be able too train with maximum intensity without going flat but never spilling over so that lean muscle can be built while loosing body fat simultaneously .

A carb cycling approach where you learn your body and it glucose insulin response and how much it takes you too fill out so that you can keep glycogen at about 75 percent and be able too train with maximum intensity without going flat but never spilling over so that lean muscle can be built while loosing body fat simultaneously .

What should be a proper macro for a low card diet?

You really don't need to count your total macros on Keto , just do no carbs at first 2 weeks. Then judge from there.

Keto or low carb what should i go.for which one will be more beneficial

Low carb high fat or keto neither are optimal for bodybuilding period. 1 .to 1.5 grams protein per lb depending on body composition . very lean 1.5 above 12 percent 1 grams . keep fats low get essential fatty acid needs but under 20 percent of total calories . cycle carbs too create a deficit . cycling plan should be centered around your training low day on rest create about a 1000 calorie deficit 500 on normal days and leg and back day push close too maintenance .

24a6b46ff1686ab3113999b773303a62.jpg
c13bc665bab2406328e4384396c97081.jpg
7c7da3edf00467d9e03f886825514a85.jpg

These the first pic is off season theses two are 5 weeks into my cut I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing .

This is just about the exact same approach I take!! This is great advice!! If your looking to keep muscle while stripping body fat in my humble opinion here is the start point!! Great advice bro!

for the life of me i dont get the low carb thing whatsoever... IT IS NOT FUCKING SUSTAINABLE! PERIOD! you can't keep doing it for prolonged periods of time and its certainly not optimal to have any sort of muscle growth whatsoever... if you want to cut properly, your macros should look like this... 55-60% protein, 30-35% carbs and 10-15% fats...

24a6b46ff1686ab3113999b773303a62.jpg
c13bc665bab2406328e4384396c97081.jpg
7c7da3edf00467d9e03f886825514a85.jpg

These the first pic is off season theses two are 5 weeks into my cut I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing .

Lol you sexy Hanes wearing snow bunny you... (unrolls fistful of ones) just kidding bro. Nice rear delt heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for the life of me i dont get the low carb thing whatsoever... IT IS NOT FUCKING SUSTAINABLE! PERIOD! you can't keep doing it for prolonged periods of time and its certainly not optimal to have any sort of muscle growth whatsoever... if you want to cut properly, your macros should look like this... 55-60% protein, 30-35% carbs and 10-15% fats...

I'm no cut master, but as I lean or drop a few pounds I do like Dylan stated as far as ratios. Carb depleting makes you feel like you hate life and is counterproductive imo at maintaining mass.

I'm no cut master, but as I lean or drop a few pounds I do like Dylan stated as far as ratios. Carb depleting makes you feel like you hate life and is counterproductive imo at maintaining mass.

absolutely bro.. its just not a sustainable diet... its not some huge surprise or shock that atkins, south beach diet, etc... all the "low carb douche diets" never stayed around... they couldn't... you cannot do that long term and you will sacrifice certain growth... not in totality but you will not see the same type of results

When I did keto I would go for 65%Fat 30%Pro 5%Carb.I used this when I was morbidly obese.I did it straight for 10 months with a lot of cardio (60-75min 6 days a week)& lost over 80 pounds.Now that I am nowhere near so overweight I don't use it as much since my primary goal now is to gain lean mass.Gaining lean mass & keto don't get along very well.I'll still do keto for 3-4 months out of the year,because once you get past the fatigue from your body switching from burning carbs for energy to burning fat for energy you(I) actually feel really great.Another thing worth noting is with all that fat I ate I had the smoothest BM's,never got constipated & never even had any gas.LOL my wife was like "I never hear you fart anymore".
It's a real bitch to try & actually grow muscle on it though.It's possible I'm sure but the gains are very minimal.
It's definitely a great tool to have in your diet arsenal,but just one of many.

Top Bottom