napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Looking for knowledge.

Vintage53

Hello.
I am new to the Forum and new to forums altogether.
I'm hoping to improve on my current training with some assistance.
I currently take testosterone from my doctor and would like to add a cycle so that I may lose body fat percentage.
I do have periodic lab work done by him and I currently trained about 6 days a week and monitor blood pressure and blood sugar as I am type 2 diabetic.
I have began a high intensity cardio workout twice a week and I have lost 12 lb and drop body fat by 2%.
My current level is 26% body fat and I would like to continue into the next year or so until I get into the 15 and below level, eventually trying to not just maintain muscle but to add some mass and definition.
There is a current train of thought that supports older guys getting back into the gym instead of retiring and sitting on the porch.
I'm a living testimony to that so far but would really like to investigate the further possibilities as some of these proponents of this lifestyle have done, including some doctors.
One of the issues that you encounter is a doctor that is open-minded and aggressive enough to want to allow you two supplement substances that your body no longer produces for you IE testosterone HGH and a few others.
I am not a risk-taker but simply looking for the advice of people who have done this of any age.
I am 63.
Thanks in advance.

You are under a very common but totally false perception of steroids

"I currently take testosterone from my doctor and would like to add a cycle so that I may lose body fat percentage."

Cycling and TRT have nothing in common
A cycle in your current physical condition is not healthy and would be totally unproductive....you would be farther from you goal than when you started
Steroids don't help you lose fat...They don't help you get in shape

TRT is to replace the testorone your body has stopped making....cycling is used by guys already in top shape take there performance to a higher level...
At your BF you need to continue your diet training and cardio...you must build a proper foundation before steroids would be of any benefit to you

BTW...I'm 66yo...been on TRT for 16yrs due to a pituatary tumor ....I've been using HGH for over 10 yrs....I never cycled until my BF was around 10%

Last edited:
Instead of looking for a cycle to compliment your trt, you need to get your diet right to get into better shape. Steroids are not safe to use in that condition, especially at your age...and they won't help you burn fat without getting your diet in check

Thank you for your quick and honest responses.
I guess I should have clarified that I am not looking for shortcuts or something that is unhealthy.
I'm hoping to have conversations on this forum that I may not be able to have with my traditional medicine doctor.
I believe that what I am doing now will help me through my sixties and prepare me to be 70 and 80 years old.
Buen, I would be interested in knowing your opinion about HGH and how you feel or where you feel you would be without trt.
I'm not trying to compete with anyone but myself and I believe this is the best thing I've done in the last 30 years.
I'm simply looking for new possibilities that will help me accomplish what I want to accomplish in the same way that trt brought me to where I am.

well...the short and sweet answer is....I was hypo-gonadal my whole..undiagnosed until I was 50yo...my natural testosterone level was around 140ng/dL
It wasn't easy...but even being low test I maintained 12-14% BF using nothing but diet training and CARDIO,...(excepting the time I was severely injured and immobile for a year and then my BF rose to 35%).....receiving TRT was life changing...just bringing my testosterone level up to normal range allowed me to drop my BF to 10%

So..you see... you don't need (it wouldn't be effective anyway) to rise your testosterone level above normal to achieve amazing result...DIET AND TRAINING are the key...24/7..no excuses..no "cheat days"..just good old fashion consistent dedicated determination

When you've "maxed out" your natural physique...addition compounds ...ie: cycling or blasting as TRT guys call it.....can push you to a higher level..but beware..at our age there are physical consequences ....we need to be in tip top shape to minimize them..we also need to be diligent with monitoring our condition (frequent blood work, heart monitoring glucose levels etc)

I've had a lot of serious trauma done to my body....HGH is very effective for soft tissue repair and maintenance...nothing dramatic..but over the years it helps with anti-aging, sleep....skin elasticity and smoothness....if you can afford it....it's a great addition to a healthy life...again...it's nothing dramatic and the price to benefit ratio isn't the best...just another tool to help keep us moving

Keep at it brother...really dial in your diet....looking and feeling good every day is so much more satisfying than the brief enjoyment of eating something

Good luck

well...the short and sweet answer is....I was hypo-gonadal my whole..undiagnosed until I was 50yo...my natural testosterone level was around 140ng/dL
It wasn't easy...but even being low test I maintained 12-14% BF using nothing but diet training and CARDIO,...(excepting the time I was severely injured and immobile for a year and then my BF rose to 35%).....receiving TRT was life changing...just bringing my testosterone level up to normal range allowed me to drop my BF to 10%

So..you see... you don't need (it wouldn't be effective anyway) to rise your testosterone level above normal to achieve amazing result...DIET AND TRAINING are the key...24/7..no excuses..no "cheat days"..just good old fashion consistent dedicated determination

When you've "maxed out" your natural physique...addition compounds ...ie: cycling or blasting as TRT guys call it.....can push you to a higher level..but beware..at our age there are physical consequences ....we need to be in tip top shape to minimize them..we also need to be diligent with monitoring our condition (frequent blood work, heart monitoring glucose levels etc)

I've had a lot of serious trauma done to my body....HGH is very effective for soft tissue repair and maintenance...nothing dramatic..but over the years it helps with anti-aging, sleep....skin elasticity and smoothness....if you can afford it....it's a great addition to a healthy life...again...it's nothing dramatic and the price to benefit ratio isn't the best...just another tool to help keep us moving

Keep at it brother...really dial in your diet....looking and feeling good every day is so much more satisfying than the brief enjoyment of eating something

Good luck

This is great advice imo.

Top Bottom