napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Keto advice

PHURIOUS, Do you have a carb reload day once a week or every couple weeks or just stay straight KETO for the whole 8-10 weeks?

We (my gf and i) do a sunday carb reload/cheat day

PHURIOUS

But even on the reload day we keep the carbs to about 100-130g

PHURIOUS

I work out extremely early in the a.m. and usually hit oatmeal serving made with coffee instead of water for pre workout 03:15ish , and then moderate serving of white rice mixed with my eggs post workout 05:15ish... eat keto the rest of the day and I'm liking the results so far especially mixed that PHURIOUS cyp and deca!!!!

I work out extremely early in the a.m. and usually hit oatmeal serving made with coffee instead of water for pre workout 03:15ish , and then moderate serving of white rice mixed with my eggs post workout 05:15ish... eat keto the rest of the day and I'm liking the results so far especially mixed that PHURIOUS cyp and deca!!!!

For proper keto gotta dump the oats bro. Hard boil eggs and eat those in the am. U want yr body to be in keto first thing.

PHURIOUS

U will see more results dumping the rice and oats. Cause by the time ur actually in keto ur going to bed. Its an all day everyday thing

PHURIOUS

If I was purely cutting, I would agree with you 100%.. .But I'm still trying to gain size while staying decently lean... so I guess it would be more of a daily "carb cycling" regime that I'm doing...

If I was purely cutting, I would agree with you 100%.. .But I'm still trying to gain size while staying decently lean... so I guess it would be more of a daily "carb cycling" regime that I'm doing...

Well then you arnt doing the keto diet at all. You cant put urself in keto after two meals with too much carbs in it. Doesnt work that way. You are just not eating carbs in the evening. That really isnt anything.

PHURIOUS

4th day trying out the keto diet.

Planned on continuing diet until my shoot on the 25th. Just trying to shred down as much as possible.

Keeping my fats high and my carbs down to 20-25grams a day.

I felt great the first two days, but I've noticed that my energy levels at the gym have gone way down these past couple days. Strength has also gone down immensely.

I notice I do not get a pump when on this diet which is annoying, but understandable... Should I consume a good amount of carbs on the day of the shoot, in order to get bigger pumps and vascularity?

This is a big reason why I personally don't like keto diets. I've tried them and my performance goes down considerably the more days I go without carbs. After refeeds I'm fine for a couple days, but it goes to shit after that on top of looking flat and deflated while feeling like crap. I also don't lose fat on it any better than just structuring my diet daily for a cut like I do now

I know some people love it and swear by it, but it's not for me and certainly not for everyone. You're going to just have to figure out if this is for you or not. I'd stick with it for a little while to give it a fair shot at least first

This is a big reason why I personally don't like keto diets. I've tried them and my performance goes down considerably the more days I go without carbs. After refeeds I'm fine for a couple days, but it goes to shit after that on top of looking flat and deflated while feeling like crap. I also don't lose fat on it any better than just structuring my diet daily for a cut like I do now

I know some people love it and swear by it, but it's not for me and certainly not for everyone. You're going to just have to figure out if this is for you or not. I'd stick with it for a little while to give it a fair shot at least first

It definatly is tough and takes a huge commitment and will power. But once u get past the lull in the beggining ur body adjusts and u perform fine. Well atleast i do. Lol. But yes some it might not be for

PHURIOUS

It definatly is tough and takes a huge commitment and will power. But once u get past the lull in the beggining ur body adjusts and u perform fine. Well atleast i do. Lol. But yes some it might not be for

PHURIOUS
Glad, this thread came up, Phur ! You seem like you know alot with Keto. I've been it a few weeks now, 43 yr 200, 6 1",15%bf. Trying to lean out a bit, but also trying too gain a bit more size , so I'm trying to get my calories into the 3000 range . With 300 g, protein, under 50g carbs, fats at about 150. But can't get anywhere close to 3000cal. Any suggestions ? Just starting the ultra recomp (LGD,S4, GW & SR) for 12 wks with the addition of SR. Thanks

Glad, this thread came up, Phur ! You seem like you know alot with Keto. I've been it a few weeks now, 43 yr 200, 6 1",15%bf. Trying to lean out a bit, but also trying too gain a bit more size , so I'm trying to get my calories into the 3000 range . With 300 g, protein, under 50g carbs, fats at about 150. But can't get anywhere close to 3000cal. Any suggestions ? Just starting the ultra recomp (LGD,S4, GW & SR) for 12 wks with the addition of SR. Thanks

Well thats the thing w keto gonna be tough to add muscle. But easy to KEEP it. Now u may add some siZe slowly. but id say keep the cals at your bmr because it seems like ur eating a ton of protein almost too much. I would say do your keto for 8-10 weeks shred up then re-introduce some carbs. Like 100g-125g and be very strict on where thise come from and start adding lean muscle. Recomps are tough on keto causw the cals arnt there.

PHURIOUS

Well thats the thing w keto gonna be tough to add muscle. But easy to KEEP it. Now u may add some siZe slowly. but id say keep the cals at your bmr because it seems like ur eating a ton of protein almost too much. I would say do your keto for 8-10 weeks shred up then re-introduce some carbs. Like 100g-125g and be very strict on where thise come from and start adding lean muscle. Recomps are tough on keto causw the cals arnt there.

PHURIOUS
. Thanks, tough to get the cals up. Sick of peanut butter at night, PM

. Thanks, tough to get the cals up. Sick of peanut butter at night, PM

You dont have to have that at night. Have what i have. Grilled burger 90% lean with lettucs bun and guacamole on it w cheese.

PHURIOUS

Top Bottom