napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

We're pretty much exactly the same weight right now. I'm just shorter and fatter haha.

What was your lowest bodyweight you hit during this transformation?

171LBS, though there were a few days I weighed in around 169-170.

May have missed it. Do you target on how much weight you want to gain per week? I always wondered what to shoot for on cycle. Don't want to get sloppy and add too much bodyfat but also don't want to miss out potential gains haha.

May have missed it. Do you target on how much weight you want to gain per week? I always wondered what to shoot for on cycle. Don't want to get sloppy and add too much bodyfat but also don't want to miss out potential gains haha.

Lol, well I am going to tell you I do not have the gaining down to a science yet like I do the cutting. I may not be the best to ask for advise in this department as i am still figuring out what works best for me here.

I have tried "bulking" 2x. The first time was before TRT. I put myself in a 300 calorie surplus then kept adding 200 calories every 2 weeks. I gained to much fat that time. Scale was the primary method of assessment.

Then last time on my first cycle, I failed to gain enough, but stayed lean. Weight gain stalled at week 6-7, didn't gain anything beyond that, but got denser and tighten up. I added calories, but not aggressively enough. My metabolism simply increased at the rate I added calories. I didn't stay ahead of the curve. Scale & calipers was the method of assessment that time.

Back to your original question. I am aiming to gain between .5-1.0 pound per week. That's about a 1700-3500 weekly surplus. Depending on the quality of weight i am gaining, i may increase to 1.0-1.5lbs gain a week.

It's new to me too. I figure the more perspectives I can get the better I can assess how I should do mine. I know you're calculating with your diet, so I value your input.

Just rechecked your log saw you were just at 3000. A little behind, and that's good your bloods came back ok. Did mine but my test results didn't come back as of yet but everything else was good!!!

It's new to me too. I figure the more perspectives I can get the better I can assess how I should do mine. I know you're calculating with your diet, so I value your input.

I appreciate that bro, I value your input as well. One of my obstacles is my own mind. I spent so much time trying to get lean, then finally did it, now I am purposely trying to go the opposite direction and gain weight again. My body gains fat fairly easily, at least it did prior to TRT. I know that some fat must be gained in order to put on some size. However, I am trying to find that sweet spot where I gain weight with minimal fat. Sure, the generally recommendation is a 300 calorie surplus. However, this is complicated with a changing metabolism. If I could gain at a 1 to 1 ratio (muscle/fat) I would be happy I suppose.

Friday 3/31/2017 Update

Enjoying the extra calories and the scale seems to be moving in an upward direction. Plan to hold calories here for a few weeks then assess. Traveling next week and intend to keep workouts and nutrition in check as usual. Headed to the gym this evening to do Back, Triceps and Rear Delts. Planning on doing Deadlifts tonight which I have not done in about 3 weeks so will see how that goes given the extra calories.

3/31/2017 Friday Workout

Back, Triceps, Rear Delts and Ab's

Deadlifts - 4 Sets - 4 to 10 Reps
Cable Row - 4 Sets - 12 to 15 Reps
Lat. Pull Down - 3 Sets - 10 to 12 Reps
EZ Bar Skull crushers - 3 Sets - 9 to 12 Reps
Single Arm OH DB Tricep Ext. - 3 Sets - 10 Reps
Pec Dec Rear Delt - 3 Sets - 15-20 Reps
Ab's - Hanging Leg Raises - 5 Sets 10 Reps

4/2/2017 Sunday Leg Workout

***My leg's were still sore from my Tuesday Leg workout. I tweaked my foot during my last leg workout so decided to skip calves and do some lighter weight / higher rep exercises.***

Quads, Ham's and Glutes

Leg Press - 4 Sets - 12 to 18 Reps
Single Leg Split Squat - 3 Sets - 10 to 12 Reps
Seated Leg Curl - 4 Sets - 12 to 20 Reps
Hip Abduction - 3 Sets - 15 to 20 Reps

Nice! I'm loving the over head double tricep extension, just wish I could use more weight, I can only pull over so much getting into position that I can do like 25-30 reps, but I get a hell of a pump from that exercise. just wish I could pull over more to only get 8-12 reps.
I'm using the cable for the pullover

Tuesday 4/4/2017 Update:

Traveling again this week. Hotel upgraded me to a suite with a kitchen. This makes cooking / food prep much easier. Hit up a 24 Hour Fitness and did Back, Biceps and Rear Delts. Workout posted below.

Back, Biceps & Rear Delts

T-Bar Row - 4 Sets - 10 to 12 Reps
HS Low Row - 3 Sets - 12 Reps
Pull Ups - 3 Sets - 6-8 Reps
Chin Ups - 3 Sets - 6 to 8 Reps
Close Grip Pulldowns - 3 Sets - 8 to 10 Reps
Cable Face Pulls - 3 Sets - 12 to 15 Reps
Pec Dec Rear Delt - 3 Sets - 15 to 20 Reps
Incline DB Curl - 3 Sets - 10 to 12 Reps
DB Hammer Curls - 3 Sets - 8 Reps

Progress Photos & Stats

Progress 1.jpg
Back1.jpg
Progress 2.jpg

Weight: 174-175lbs Skin Fold Measurements: Chest 5mm, Stomach 7mm, Leg 5mm

Tuesday 4/4/2017 Update:

Traveling again this week. Hotel upgraded me to a suite with a kitchen. This makes cooking / food prep much easier. Hit up a 24 Hour Fitness and did Back, Biceps and Rear Delts. Workout posted below.

Back, Biceps & Rear Delts

T-Bar Row - 4 Sets - 10 to 12 Reps
HS Low Row - 3 Sets - 12 Reps
Pull Ups - 3 Sets - 6-8 Reps
Chin Ups - 3 Sets - 6 to 8 Reps
Close Grip Pulldowns - 3 Sets - 8 to 10 Reps
Cable Face Pulls - 3 Sets - 12 to 15 Reps
Pec Dec Rear Delt - 3 Sets - 15 to 20 Reps
Incline DB Curl - 3 Sets - 10 to 12 Reps
DB Hammer Curls - 3 Sets - 8 Reps

Progress Photos & Stats

View attachment 4040
View attachment 4041
View attachment 4042

Weight: 174-175lbs Skin Fold Measurements: Chest 5mm, Stomach 7mm, Leg 5mm

Looking good bro!! I am impressed with how disciplined you stay on the road!! Keep killing it till you reach your goal then kill it to reach the next one!!!

Damn, looking shredded going into the bulk. and as Carmel CB said, very impressed with the discipline.

Looking super vascular man. How much mass are you trying to add with this bulk?

Well, for now, I am aiming to put on 10lbs, assess and go from there. I know that answer is somewhat vague. Getting married in September, Honeymoon mid September to Jamaica so will need to be beach ready at that time. This is a rather new development and was not in the equation a month ago, much less when the transformation began. I wanted to tell my fiancé this honeymoon was going to interfere with my bulk, however after some careful thought, decided it was in my best interest not to mention it. That being said, the last thing I want to do at this point is gain a bunch of weight then have to cut back down. However, if the gains are slow, steady and lean, then I can avoid having to do this. What I need to do is a long, slow bulk over a period of 6-8 months. The ideal time to do this would be October - April 2018, then cut down in the summer.

Well, for now, I am aiming to put on 10lbs, assess and go from there. I know that answer is somewhat vague. Getting married in September, Honeymoon mid September to Jamaica so will need to be beach ready at that time. This is a rather new development and was not in the equation a month ago, much less when the transformation began. I wanted to tell my fiancé this honeymoon was going to interfere with my bulk, however after some careful thought, decided it was in my best interest not to mention it. That being said, the last thing I want to do at this point is gain a bunch of weight then have to cut back down. However, if the gains are slow, steady and lean, then I
can avoid having to do this. What I need to do is a long, slow bulk over a period of 6-8 months. The ideal time to do this would be October - April 2018, then cut down in the summer.
What's going on??? You don't need to bulk, why even call it that ??? How's lean gain sound, Lol. Looks like everything on your agenda is working well, pics look good & definitely see improvement.. Keep it up man, all looks great!!!

Top Bottom