napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Endurance // carb loading // discussion

Jackburton

So to share a story I just recently in the last 6 mo turned into a endurance athlete I've always been a power or sprinting athlete whatever you like to call it but never took it to endurance level well like I said and if you follow my log I am now anyways a hot topic is carb loading so this competition System I'm in I had to actually make the team and there was a try out my buddy told me hey rember when you were a boxer you ate pasta before your fights I was like yea he's like we'll do that but 4 times day before your race and wake up 2 hours before the start and do it then aswell so what did I do ? I did exactly that I ate spaghetti 4 times every meal or so the day prior and at 3 am I woke up ate more spaghetti race started at 5:30 am 30 miles on the day through road/trail/obstacles and weighted carry runs anyways I thought hell yea I did everything right I trained I hydrated and I carb loaded what could go wrong ? Well 6 miles in after feeling pretty damn good up until then I think I was running in 5th place ... The worst possible bubble guts I had ever experienced I immediately jumped off into the woods and barely had time to drop compression pants before a volcano eruption of watery light brown shit goes flying out me ... What did I do ? Took my left sock off and wiped fast and continued but now I'm frantic I lost spots my HR is up I'm off pace I gain back a couple spots and what happens again this time I said fuck running off the road I shit right there people are calling me an asshole as they pass I use my right sock and quickly try and move past this long story short you get the idea on total I shit 6 times on the day and slowed down to a trot several times to let a fart eeeze out in fear that if shit myself if I just push it out so..... Anyone got the real way of carb loading and being efficient at it ? I got another race Friday ....lol

I've attempted carb loading myself and I'll be honest I've never thought it helped. The best way I preform is by starting hydrating a week out and I drink 1 pedialite every day for that week along with my daily water intake and just continue eatting a very well balanced diet and use gels and chews during the race.

Interesting I've actually heard people say pedialite makes them shit hmm ... Guess gotta figure what works

Interesting I've actually heard people say pedialite makes them shit hmm ... Guess gotta figure what works
Really, I never have anymore than I normally do. Yea it's just like anything though you gotta find what works best for you

that is a fucking daily occurrence for me but usually in my hallway. I try to get a cup of coffee before my morning shit and some mornings the panties end up in the trash lmmfao. but mine aint from carb loading its just my schedule. I can tell you this I would not do what you did last time if I were you maybe the night before 2 meals of carbs not 4 and not in the morning. btw where did you finish in the race?

10th in the run 5th in the obstacles and 11th in the weighted carry crap my grip was gone after obstacles

Yea I did ok well enough to make it but truth be told the dudes in top 5 overall are just so fast so goddamn fast that they can be terrible at everything else and still have the time kinda annoying like thanks mom and dad for these shit genes !!!! J/k lol

you still did damn good despite what you were dealing with... im not a fan whatsoever of carb loading and you got a taste of exactly why... great job on the results though bro

2-3 days prior to a race is the ideal time to start loading for a race I've learned

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try gluten free carb sources, like rice, potatoes, or quinoa
Yep. That is my thought also. I found out that I was gluten intolerant through hard endurance racing. I used to lay in fetal position for the up to 3 hours after every race due to bubble guts. Try gluten free. It completely changed my life. Also, no whey or soy protein before a race. It acts just like gluten in the gut. Your body has a hard time processing the protein in gluten, whey, and soy when it it is in a high fuel consumption state.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Just goes to show that some things can be taken too far. Don't overdo the carbs. There's no need to really. Your muscles will hold a lot of glycogen. Instead of trying to cram all your carbs into one day the day prior, try a slow controlled carb up over a 3 day period with lowered amounts to fill your glycogen stores.

What happened with you was your intake far exceeded what your muscles could uptake. It also takes time for your body to take in those carbs. Otherwise your body will just shit them out, as you learned.

It doesn't work much different carbing up for a bodybuilding contest. Trying to carb up too much too fast never goes well.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Just goes to show that some things can be taken too far. Don't overdo the carbs. There's no need to really. Your muscles will hold a lot of glycogen. Instead of trying to cram all your carbs into one day the day prior, try a slow controlled carb up over a 3 day period with lowered amounts to fill your glycogen stores.

What happened with you was your intake far exceeded what your muscles could uptake. It also takes time for your body to take in those carbs. Otherwise your body will just shit them out, as you learned.

It doesn't work much different carving up for a bodybuilding contest. Trying to carb up too much too fast never goes well.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

i completely agree and ive seen it time and time again... people going far too over board and a lot of that is just bad advice that is passed around.... its completely unnecessary... the method rick laid out here is right on...

Top Bottom